Sensitivity of pregnancy tests

(12 Posts)
vgiraffe Wed 30-Dec-15 22:41:07

I found a list a while back which gave the different sensitivities of different tests, thought it was on here, but now can't find it on here or on google! Can anyone help?

FuzzyOwl Wed 30-Dec-15 22:41:47

The most sensitive is a First Response if that helps?

Caramelslice Wed 30-Dec-15 23:24:38

I don't know, but I always feel I should tell people, I did two cheap boots tests and they came back negative. I then bought a posh digital one (2 days later) and I was over 7 weeks pregnant.

vgiraffe Wed 30-Dec-15 23:31:13

Thanks! I thought it was just to do with the concentration sensitivity, which wasn't always more expensive but maybe price also makes a difference? Would help if they put sensitivity on the box too!

passmethewineplease Wed 30-Dec-15 23:32:19

Not sure but Superdrug tests are great and very sensitive. Thinks it's like 10miu.

Junosmum Wed 30-Dec-15 23:51:14

Internet cheapies, first response and superdrug own brand are 10mui, most supermarket own are 15 or 20mui and clear blue digital conception indicator is 25mui, normal clear blue is 50mui.

FuzzyOwl Thu 31-Dec-15 00:15:54

The only thing I would say is that Internet cheapies, despite being 10mui are not as sensitive as a FRER. I have this picture from when I was pregnant and the tests were all taken at the same time with the same FMU sample. On one IC you can see a squinter but on the other one you can't see anything, whereas the FRER is clear and even the ClearBlue is definite.

Raxacoricofallapatorius Thu 31-Dec-15 00:20:16

I got positives on internet cheapies but negatives on frer. There are too many variables to make absolute statements with regards to early testing.

BabyBumpHopeful Thu 31-Dec-15 03:48:17

Here's a link: www.fertilityplus.com/faq/hpt.html

The boots one is apparently the same as a CB digi!!

vgiraffe Thu 31-Dec-15 07:44:35

Thanks for your help everyone. That has shed more light on the matter!

keys27 Thu 31-Dec-15 08:24:58

If it helps the first response dected my pregnancy 6 days before I was due on and could clearly see the 2 lines even though was faint. The clear blue came up 'not,pregnant'. Took another fres the next morning defo 2 lines. So I would recommend fresp. Good luck with everything x

Vap0 Thu 31-Dec-15 08:47:52

I saw a positive on FRER on boxing day and they are supposed to be 12 or 15mlu. AF is due today so 6 days early. Ic which are supposed to be 10mlu aren't showing up a line yet.
Also I had a mc last month and the ic went negative 2.5 weeks before the hospital one which said it was 20mlu and the FRER. The ic are no where near as sensitive as they say.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now