Feeling Blue - Conception Problems

(6 Posts)
laura1sco Mon 28-Dec-15 16:25:02

Hi All,

Well I've previously had 6 months of clomid and now about to start month 3 of letrozole. Due to go for our first IVF appointment in February but starting to feel totally disheartened like it is never going to happen! Not helped by the fact I am turning 39 and with no kids feel like time is running out......in need of some hope 🙁

MagpieCursedTea Mon 28-Dec-15 16:33:53

It's so hard when you're struggling to conceive. It took us 18 months with our first (which in hindsight isn't nearly as long as a lot of people) and often felt like we'd never get there. We're now a year into trying for our second and it's not going well!
There are plenty of fertility treatment success stories and I'm sure people will come along and speak to you about them.
You're welcome to come join us on the Bumsnet Bus. It's a very supportive group of ladies at various stages of TTC (including IVF and other treatments) I'd be lost without them! Do look us up on the conception board.
Hope to see you there and best of luck with your TTC journey thanks

laura1sco Mon 28-Dec-15 16:45:46

Thanks for taking the time to reply. We have been trying for nearly 2 years now and because my period started today I am just feeling rather lost. I will look for that group you mentioned though. Thanks again.

Pinkdiva Thu 31-Dec-15 16:12:40

Hi op hugs I know how you feel I do have 3 children but have been pregnant 4 times one was a miscarriage anyway wind on one year later TTC no luck I have no known fertility issues and everyone around me seems pregnant it's heartbreaking I told my dh I will give it one more month then see if I want to give up Im 28

Osirus Thu 31-Dec-15 23:18:27

I had a successful treatment of IVF. It wasn't anywhere near as scary as I thought and the injections were easy once I got the hang of it. There are other options so try to stay positive. I know it's easy to say but I have been there!

Happilymarried155 Fri 01-Jan-16 07:55:21

After 4 years of ttc we now have a 10 month old little boy through our first IVF. IVF is honestly not as bad as you think, I know it seems like you won't ever get there but you will!! Sending hugs x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now