post pill cycle

(17 Posts)
Faye12345 Sun 20-Dec-15 10:18:12

I came off the pill October and only just had a period 67 days later! Had been trying in the fertile window but no luck! Im 29 dh is 37. How long does it take for cycle to return to normal??

Pinklily1 Sun 20-Dec-15 11:44:34

Hi Faye, I think it really depends on what pill you have been on and on each individual person.

I was on Cilest and my cycles returned to normal after a month, but I know others where it has taken a fair amount longer. Just keep DTD anyway grin

broodynmoody Sun 20-Dec-15 16:03:07

It took me 36 days to come on after the pill and then my cycles regulated into around 30 day cycle give or take a few days. If your waiting long to come on again, I've heard alot of women on here swear by Agnus Cactus (off amazon) and they're meant to bring in your bleeding and settle your cycles.

Faye12345 Sun 20-Dec-15 17:34:10

I was on yasmin. I came off microgynon before and it took about 45 days then periods did regulate back to my usual 30 -33 days. grin

Oysterbabe Sun 20-Dec-15 18:31:10

How long is a piece of string? Some women immediate, others many months.

Faye12345 Sun 20-Dec-15 18:57:22

True oyster. Im hoping after my first proper post pill period i will begin to regulate! People keep telling me they got pregnant first cycle and how super fertile they are. Its annoying me now God knows how people cope with that when its been months!

Yvonne1986 Sun 20-Dec-15 20:35:37

Hi Faye

I was taking Yasmin for ten years and stopped at the end of September. My first cycle was 67 days, AF should be due on Fri but I've not had any signs of OV this month?! It's so frustrating not having a regular cycle I really wish I'd stopped sooner!

Faye12345 Sun 20-Dec-15 20:39:00

Yvonne same as me. Ive ordered some agnus cactus off amazon so will try that! Feel nauseous and hormonal with this period too. My DH is worried it will take forever and he will be an old dad lol. Are you going to try agnus cactus??

Yvonne1986 Sun 20-Dec-15 22:34:04

I haven't tried it yet it worries me as it says not to take if TTC but so many people talk about it on here. I actually went to buy it from Holland and Barret but the sales woman talking me into vitamin B6 instead but I don't think that is really working! I will wait to see how long this cycle is then maybe try it. X

Yvonne1986 Sun 20-Dec-15 22:35:53

My DH is 36 in March so he is the same fingers crossed for BFP soon x

sophied1983 Wed 23-Dec-15 13:15:27

It varies. My friend stopped taking it and got pregnant immediately whereas my cycles have been 42, 45, 47 and then 51 days! Had other side effects too since stopping it. How are you? x

Faye12345 Sat 26-Dec-15 12:34:58

Hi Sophie. Its annoying isnt it? Hoping i regulate and the 67 days was a one off! Less nauseous today and have started taking vit b6. Its difficult at Xmas people asking when were having kids but i know im not the only one who gets pestered!

BoBo90 Thu 14-Jan-16 20:20:46

I know it's been a while since last post in this thread but I'm pleased to see I'm not alone so hoping you are all still around!

I came off Yasmin in November and had the withdrawal bleed and so far no sign of AF! I was using OPKs in December and had no lines at all so guessing I didn't ovulate. Was going to just wait until my new cycle began to carry on testing but had an ache in my right ovary area so tested with OPk and now have faint lines? Not sure if that means I'm about to ovulate or if things are just getting back to normal...so frustrating not knowing!

Faye - how are you getting on now? Did AF show up and did you have any luck with the Agnus castus? I have just ordered some.

Yvonne1986 Thu 14-Jan-16 23:30:43

BoBo that's really positive that you have faint lines keep testing and FX they will become darker over the next few days!

I stop Yasmin in Sept I've had a 67 day cycle then a 41 day cycle so I'm getting impatient now! I've stated taking Agnus Cactus and ordered some OPK so fingers crossed this will be my month xx

BoBo90 Fri 15-Jan-16 06:43:42

Thanks Yvonne I'm testing at 1pm and 9pm so hoping I don't miss it! I can't test between 8am-1pm because of work which is annoying!

Poor you, they are long cycles! Hopefully the Agnus Castus will help smile let me know how you get on with it. I'm going to wait to see what happens with my opk lines before I start taking it

fx crossed for you this month!!

Yvonne1986 Fri 15-Jan-16 18:08:51

Thanks BoBo I've read your better to test in the afternoon anyway so fx you get your positive OPK soon! Followed by a BFP! Xx

BoBo90 Sun 17-Jan-16 19:32:53

CD53 and not sure what's going on with my body now! Been getting faint lines on OPKs since last Monday (when I had the ovary pain) and now since yesterday I have very light brown blood/mucus when I wipe (TMI sorry) but with no cramps or pain. Guessing this could be the start of my period and just light as it's the first one... or maybe (and its very unlikely) implantation bleeding if I ovulated before the ovary pain and was super lucky to catch it with dtd.
If it's still happening tomorrow I'm going to assume its the worlds lightest period haha

Where are you at in your cycle now Yvonne?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now