Could it be.....?

(10 Posts)
miniswin Sat 14-Nov-15 11:25:24

Hello!
Haven't posted much but have been lurking, TTC #1, implant taken out at the end of August, husband was away for work for most of September and October so second cycle trying, but really only 1st cycle of doing things 'properly'. Did clearblue advanced sticks and according to those should have ovulated around 4-5th November - flashy then solid smiley. Felt what I thought was ovulation cramps and then felt 'different' - can't put my finger on it. However, what I thought was AF arrived 3/4 days later last Saturday night - initially blood streaked through mucus - but then overnight became heavier period-type bleed - lasting for 2 days - about the same as my normal period. Something made me POAS this AM however - just felt the urge - and look! This is, uuummmm... Positive, right?!

So now wondering if that was implantation last weekend - seemed on the heavy side to me though. Tested with an amazon midstream test, 10mIU/ml. Going to get something else today and repeat tomorrow morning. Eeeeeek!

miniswin Sat 14-Nov-15 11:32:55

Now totally freaking myself out - that result appeared almost immediately, definite line between 5-10 min after testing, as per the instructions, but it's now faded away on the test - about 25 min later. If it's a positive should it stay there? I know to disregard results >10 min, but... What if it's turned negative hmm?!

Loki17 Sat 14-Nov-15 11:57:38

It looks a pretty strong positive to me. Test again tomorrow?

miniswin Sat 14-Nov-15 12:40:56

Thanks so much for replying, yes looks strong in 'real life' too. Fingers crossed!

E11Chick Sat 14-Nov-15 16:20:09

That looks stronger than the positive on my first test! I ended up doing 7 tests in 2 days as I couldn't believe it to start with! Congrats :-) x

Junosmum Sun 15-Nov-15 03:41:36

Yeah that looks positive.

Bishboshbash Sun 15-Nov-15 03:45:22

Congratulations!

miniswin Sun 15-Nov-15 09:18:11

Well this is a bummer.... I've now had two very obviously negative tests last night and this morning... Not even a hint of a line. That's with a superdrug early test and a further amazon one. So I'm not quite sure what to do now.... Thinking test again in a few days, and if still negative chalk it up to a dodgy test? I'm back in my fertile window on app now anyway so hopefully not too long till I can test again anyway! If it was my period last weekend it means I lost 20 days off my cycle from the first to the second anyway, 45 to 25, so hoping things have now settled down a bit and will have more luck this time.

SeldomAthleticFC Sun 15-Nov-15 09:24:52

Sorry to hear that. It can take a few months for your cycle to settle down after stopping contraception. Try not to drive yourself bananas. It's early days! cake

miniswin Sun 15-Nov-15 09:41:03

Thanks! Yes I could already feel the bananas coming on last time so this month my plan is basically a lot of shagging... And that's it. No sticks, no nothing. If it makes it any better the reason I ACTUALLY tested is I ended up feeling plastered after one measly glass of prosecco on Friday night... But no, apparently this was due to being a terrible drinker, not a bun in the oven. grin Onwards and upwards!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now