advice please.....

(5 Posts)
wildone81 Fri 23-Oct-15 10:22:36

ok ladies, TTC for first time and just looking for some advice/guidance...

Ovulated last weekend (16th/17th) baby dance undertaken Friday/Saturday/Sunday. Have felt progressively more squeamish since Wednesday, whilst wanting to eat anything in sight, sore boobs Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday, have a thumping head, metallic taste in my mouth (new today) and could quite happily put my head down on my desk and sleep. Am I being over-optimistic and totally ignorant of how quickly symptoms actually start to show, or should I try POAS?

Really trying not to get my hopes up, but after 15 years on the pill I have no idea what my normal cycle is and don't know if I'm mistaking normal cycle changes for possible BFP?

Loki17 Fri 23-Oct-15 10:37:18

Wait until you are 12 dpo. Any earlier and you are likely to get a negative.

Artioo2 Fri 23-Oct-15 10:44:59

That would be extremely early for symptoms to start as if you were pregnant implantation of the fertilised egg is unlikely to happen for several days, so your body wouldn't yet be producing pregnancy

Artioo2 Fri 23-Oct-15 10:46:27

Sorry, hit post by mistake - your body probably wouldn't be producing pregnancy hormones that early - however, I think implantation can happen earlier, so it's possible... Best to wait a few days before testing if you can.

LondonGirl83 Fri 23-Oct-15 11:25:25

Wait until you are at least 10 days post ovulation before testing as you won't have enough HCG to be detected. Even then, its best to wait until 15 days post ovulation as there are lots of false negatives when testing before then.

I think its possible to have symptoms almost immediately post conception. The embryo - even before implantation- produces Early Pregnancy Factor immediately post conception. This is an immunosuppressant that prepares the body for pregnancy and remains in women until the end of gestation.

With that said, most conceptions aren't viable / don't implant (70% is a common estimate) so try not to think about it until you are further along!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now