47 TTC on the Pill 30 years...

(4 Posts)
JBos1 Sat 17-Oct-15 17:26:59

Hi

I'm 47 years old and remarried 2 years ago to a 32 year old. Decided to come off the pill in November last year, waiting 6 months whilst my body sorted itself out and then TTC. I had been on the pill since I was 17 and was expecting it to take a while for my cycle to settled down and to be fair it was erratic to start with but was normal at the end of the 6 months, hence the decision to TTC. 2 months of normal cycle came and went andt the last cycle was end of June. Nothing appeared since so now 3 months late. Lots of test and disappointment and still nothing. I went to the doctors after the first month and they can't do anything until I have a period to do the blood test to see what my hormones are doing. She assumes menopause but I am not having any symptoms (hot flushes etc) and my mother was in her late 50s before she had hers. IVF not an option at my age and they don't offer it free on the NHS where I live anyway, so have already ruled that out.

Quite frustrating that close friends have written me off a menopausal and wonder if anyone has experienced the same but with positive outcomes. I have started acupuncture, completely changed our diets (both lost lots of weight) by eating unprocessed foods, nutri bullet smoothies every day and taken supplements. Just wondering if its worth it....

Hereisnownotthen Sat 17-Oct-15 17:30:12

There is an over 40 TTc thread ( in fact there were two last time I looked). If you post there you may get people who are in a better position to help.

RandomMess Sat 17-Oct-15 17:34:44

Yes join the over 40 TTC threads. Your age is not on your side but you need to decide whether you give it everything you can for x years regardless of outcome.

Your fertility declines well before the menopause actually happens (I believe) and some ladies really don't get the classic symptoms.

flowers

JBos1 Sat 24-Oct-15 18:51:53

Thanks ladies. Finally got my period this week so have now had the blood test done so at least I can find out what my starting point is. Will look for the over 40 posts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now