Would anyone like to join me in a SMEP thread?

(286 Posts)
ALLthedinosaurs Fri 16-Oct-15 09:50:32

(...or poke me in the right direction of an existing one?)

We've been fannying around ttc#2 for a while now, and I'm starting to feel deflated sad

What do you think? Have you tried it? Doing it? Can we even do that much shagging? blush

Failing that, can you kick me up the arse to cheer me up? grin

Loki17 Sat 17-Oct-15 12:02:35

I will join you! I'm also ttc number 2! I looked at this plan when af arrived next month and I'm going to do something similar but I'm not using opks as I did last month and I ended up obsessing. Instead, I'm going to try to ensure we dtd every other day until cd 12. Then dtd every day until cd 19. I'm going to try a variation of dtd in the evening and in the morning because I'm pretty sure that when we conceived dd it was because of a morning session. I'm on cd8. So we started today with the bding!

Loki17 Sat 17-Oct-15 12:03:15

*I meant when af arrived THIS month!

Pardonmyfrench85 Sat 17-Oct-15 12:12:57

Me!! I'm
Trying it this
Month only on day 10.... Have u to dtd that a similar time each day??

Robbins81 Sat 17-Oct-15 13:29:59

Me too ! This is my 4th cycle and 1st cycle of trying this plan, currently on day 14 smile

ALLthedinosaurs Mon 19-Oct-15 15:07:31

Ooh! I totally forgot about this post when it looked like no-one was going to come and SMEP with me blush

Hello fellow smeppers loki pardon robbins cakebrew

I am currently only on CD4 but will begin OPKs at CD8 rather than 10 as I had a surprise early last month (caught it at midnight, worst sex ever ensued!) pardon I'm not sure about timing, but as we're both shift workers, midnight sex is pretty much all we get.
I am also trying a bit of experimental ...ahem... positive thinking. I decided that "Dont get your hopes up, you're probably not pregnant" every month wasn't helping...

You're all well ahead of me so fingers xd you're already preggers wink

Nevlet Mon 19-Oct-15 15:22:22

I am trying this plan alongside using the clearblue fertility monitor. Currently cd35 and peak OPK yesterday (cycles mad still post pill) so starting both next cycle whenever that comes!

Bugmuncher Mon 19-Oct-15 15:43:46

I'm not trying SMEP yet but am planning on following it in December/Jan so interested to hear how all of you get on!

Pardonmyfrench85 Mon 19-Oct-15 16:22:20

Still waiting on my opks to arrive!! Cd12.... In past months (before I threw the opks away, too stressful lol) I wasn't getting positives until about day 14

Robbins81 Mon 19-Oct-15 16:56:00

I'm on day 16 now... Expecting a positive OPK on Wednesday smile

ALLthedinosaurs Mon 19-Oct-15 17:13:31

Hello Nevlet & Bugmuncher! brewcake
I'm feeling positive that at least some of us will have something good to report back soon ~positive woo-mby vibes~ (this could get irritating)

Pardon & Robbins ooh this is exciting! Wishing you lots of energy wink I chucked out all my OPKs too, so bought a huge pack of them. Hundreds. I was trying the sods law thing - we won't need them soon.

MrsPCR Mon 19-Oct-15 20:50:01

We did an extended shag a lot smep the month we conceived. Had been doing every other day but dtd CD 6 then 8-15 with ov confirmed through temp on CD 14. It was a bit of a chore dtd every evening but at least come 2ww we knew we had done the best we could and fortunately it paid off.

I don't know if there's anything in time of day. First month, period came v late on CD 28 and opk suggested ov on cd14. Next 2 months ov confirmed CD13 with temping and woke up with period CD 28 so approx 15 hours earlier. The month we conceived I was expecting a late night period to confirm things! What in trying to say is I don't know if am/pm sex made a difference. We always did pm but month we conceived I probably ov'd about 12 hours later.

Good luck fellow SMEPpers!

Pardonmyfrench85 Mon 19-Oct-15 22:54:56

Thanks mrs pcr!! Good to hear success stories ... Dtd every day is hard work lol!! This is my 5th month of trying ... But don't think I carry on long enough after ovulation

queenoftheworld93 Tue 20-Oct-15 07:30:36

Hello smile first month of trying, found SMEP and it really seemed to make sense so doing that. Probably started BDing every day too early (CD10) but got a positive OPK at just before then so working off that. They've all been completely negative since! Hate the OPKs, they don't make sense sad

queenoftheworld93 Tue 20-Oct-15 07:31:23

Forgot to say, currently on CD12 after having the nexplanon implant removed smile

ALLthedinosaurs Tue 20-Oct-15 21:10:21

MrsPCR congratulations! It's wonderful to hear a success story grin

Hello queen! I had a positive at CD10, stayed positive for 2 days and o'd CD12/13 last time. Its confusing isn't it confused
My CD8 is on friday. Woohoo! I hate the waiting bits in between.

MrsPCR Tue 20-Oct-15 22:11:43

Not gonna lie pardonmyfrench, dtd every day for a week was a drag. Especially when we didn't get the temperature rise. But was worth it for the knowledge we had done the best we could for the 2ww.

We always did it one day after ov but I think from what I've read that's probably a complete waste but after a week BDing, once more for luck felt like if we failed that month, we would always wonder if it was bc we hadn't bothered that time.

Pardonmyfrench85 Tue 20-Oct-15 23:26:18

Hey girls ... How is everyone?? I'm sooo confused, opks arrived today so I did one tonite and I really Thot it was positive ... Very dark line but when I looked at it an hr later it had faded slightly. Do u think I should count this as my first +ve opk? For me it seems a bit early but I have been taking vit b complex this month. My thermometer and concieve plus arrived today too in my goody bag. But haven't a clue how to temp confused

queenoftheworld93 Wed 21-Oct-15 06:41:00

OPKs need to have a line at least as dark as the control line to be positive. I don't temp yet so don't really know much about that but there is lots of information online smile

Loki17 Wed 21-Oct-15 16:31:58

So its cycle day 11 for me, we missed dtd on Monday due to being away and sharing a room with dd (too weird). I'm going to try and jump dh every day until cd 20 now. I'm not using opks (because I turn into a crazy person) so hoping it works!

ALLthedinosaurs Thu 22-Oct-15 00:55:44

Pardon if the test line is as dark or darker, get on it... three days! Is B complex meant to be good for fertility? I haven't looked into that.
I'm CD 6 now. Waiting, waiting, waiting pah.

Nevlet Thu 22-Oct-15 18:55:27

Catching up the last few days...on cd 38 still waiting! My CBAFM has arrived - hoping for AF soon (well i would prefer a bfp but not holding any hopes) so we can start next month with an idea of when i ovulate!

Robbins81 Fri 23-Oct-15 11:05:07

Morning everyone smile i'm now on cd 20 and still haven't got a positive cpk, the line is getting darker but not quite there yet ! Maybe later on today or tomorrow.

purplecat27 Fri 23-Oct-15 11:09:48

Just wanted to say good luck to you all. I got my BFP the first month we tried SMEP and will be 22 weeks on Sunday smile

ALLthedinosaurs Fri 23-Oct-15 11:30:50

Good luck, Nevlet, I'm hoping its a BFP for you!

Hi Robbins, ooh you're almost there. I am finally on day 8, woohoo! I'm starting OPKs today as I have history of early o's and shorter cycles. Now I can feel like I am DOING something.

purplecat, that's lovely news - congratulations grinflowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now