another chemical pregnancy?

(4 Posts)
cocothomas1234 Wed 09-Sep-15 19:57:56

I think I'm in the middle of my second chemical pregnancy in a row after 6 months of tic, had a very faint line for a few days now, it's not getting any darker at all. AF comes in 2 days, has anyone out there had repeated chemical pregnancies and gone on to conceive okay? I conceived my DD first time just fine 2 years ago?? don't know what's going on?? help (photo of test attached) xxx

sizethree Wed 09-Sep-15 21:14:54

If your AF isn't due for 2 days, then I'd expect there to either be no line yet, or a very feint line like in your pic.
A line is a line!
It can take a while for them to get darker.
Try to relax and step the hell away from the tests. They'll drive you mad.
If you have to keep testing, do try to wait a full week before POAS again.

Purplerain067 Wed 09-Sep-15 21:16:11

Sorry I don't have any experience with chemical pregnancies, I can definitely see a 2nd line, can you not keep testing every other day or so to find out for sure? Or go to your GP? flowers

PermetsTu Wed 09-Sep-15 21:21:26

No point going to see a GP.

sizethree is right. Chemical pregnancies are very common and we only know this now because of early testing. There is nothing to suggest that this isn't a viable pregnancy. Obviously, you are producing HCG and that's all you know right now. Faint lines do not tell you how viable a pregnancy is, particularly not with early testing.

All you can do is step away from the tests and give it a few days, then test again. Then believe that result.

6 months of ttc is normal. You were brilliantly lucky first time round. Chances of conception are never more than around 25% and most people find it takes 6-12 months to conceive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now