IVF with high FSH:LH ratio?

(2 Posts)
Alibaba81 Thu 03-Sep-15 09:02:50

Hi, we are due to have our first IVF consultations at the ARGC later this month, having borrowed more on our mortgage to make it possible. (Thank you, London housing market). However, I am freaking out because my bloods at Day 2, done by the GP, showed FSH 6.7 (fine) but LH 1.7 - giving a VERY high FSH:LH ratio of >4. All the studies I can find on pubmed etc suggest much lower success rates with IVF with high FSH:LH ratio, in fact one study showed that 16 women with a ratio >3.5 achieved 0% success. Before we waste our emotional energy, not to mention cash, on this, does anyone have any positive outcomes to share? I am 34 years old. No other fertility issues found.

BlueBirdy Fri 06-May-16 11:51:01

Hello, I know this post is really old, but I was wondering if you had gained any insight? I'm in the exact same position - all healthy except for high FSH:LH ratio of >3. The only thing that I have found to help this issue was a research paper saying that ladies in this category do better on a long agonist protocol. Hope you've managed to get somewhere with this, anyway smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now