Ovulation test confusion

(7 Posts)
Waitingimpatient Thu 20-Aug-15 07:41:08

I got some of the clear blue digital ones (with the smiley face) as they looked easier to 'read' and it says test with fmu .....

I've now been advised to get boots own and they say test between 10am-8pm?
Has anyone used either/both ? What time of day did you test ?

I honestly thought the digital ones would be better but my clinic said they only recommend the boots ones

Sunshinegirl2015 Thu 20-Aug-15 12:02:04

I've only used the clearblue dual hormone ones and have used them for the past two cycles.

I used FMU. The first cycle I got a peak after five high fertility days.

The second cycle I got a peak after eight days of high fertility!

Before that I tried Freedom OPKs from Wilkinson but didn't get a line the entire month so wouldn't use them again. They were £2.80for a pack of five - a lot cheaper than ClearBlue.

Waitingimpatient Thu 20-Aug-15 13:13:06

Seeing as I already have the clearblues i might use them too. Got the boots ones as the clinic said they may want to see a picture to make sure it's def positive (having a natural FET)

MummyBex1985 Thu 20-Aug-15 13:29:38

Hiya

I'm really glad someone posted this!

I have both types and can't understand why the boots test says it can't detect the LH surge unless it's in the afternoon but CB wants you to test in the morning?

I've had nothing but negatives on both but it would be nice to know which is more reliable and how to use them properly!

MrsPCR Thu 20-Aug-15 14:10:06

I used pound land opks, pack of 5 and would use FMU. Only seemed to get a definite positive with FMU. But at 20p a go, knowing roughly when ov is, you can afford to do a few s day when the line gets stronger.

LittlePoot Thu 20-Aug-15 16:39:14

I think the clearblue ones need fmu for the second hormone they pick up - is it oestrogen? (sorry- haven't read the instructions for a while....). Most opks just look for the surge in lh and this is more reliably detected later in the day. In fact, I often do mine when I get home from work and get reliable positives with the cheap ones from amazon (packs of 50, dip in a cup type blush). Any help?

Seeyalater Fri 21-Aug-15 06:39:20

Ov tests are more reliable in early afternoon. If you want to cover all bases is do around 10am and around 4pm, then u are less likely to miss it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now