Positive or negative OPK??

(12 Posts)
Belle7688 Tue 11-Aug-15 17:01:41

First month trying to chart OV - using OPKs and on day 12 of cycle - have had some faint lines and then this one today - it's not quite as thick and dark as the test line so is that def a neg? confused

jellybelly85 Tue 11-Aug-15 17:34:14

Hmmm would suggest it's not a positive, but indicates your LH is surging so likely to peak later today or tomorrow. Fx

waitingforarainbow Tue 11-Aug-15 17:46:22

Hi Belle. I agree with jellybelly that it's probably not positive. I had this problem the first month I used OPKs as I wasn't sure how dark it had to be to be counted as positive. But as soon as I got my first positive I knew it - the line started developing straight away and was visibly darker than the test line. I'd say keep testing and I bet you'll get an obvious positive soon. X

Rememberallball Tue 11-Aug-15 21:38:27

To be deemed positive, the test line on an OPk has to be as dark as, or darker than, the control line.

Belle7688 Wed 12-Aug-15 12:21:19

Thanks for all the replies ladies, much appreciated!
Tested again last night about 5 hours after the test in the photo and again just now and both had no lines visible other than the test line so I have no idea what that means! Have been testing everyday since last Friday and that one was the only one so far that was quite that dark - but not dark enough - so I'll continue testing but it's all a little confusing when you almost get a dark enough line then next tests show nothing sad

waitingforarainbow Wed 12-Aug-15 12:38:42

Belle - I don't think there's much of a rhyme or reason to how OPKs develop. Some months mine get gradually darker but a lot of the time the lines go back and forth between lighter (sometimes non-existent) and darker at random and then BAM there's a dark, obvious positive. Just keep testing and I'm sure you'll get yours soon. x

ILikeBigBooks Wed 12-Aug-15 12:38:56

I found the tests could fluctuate and give you false hope that you're about the ovulate. I found though it was v obvious when I got the surge- test line was much darker than control line.

Belle7688 Fri 14-Aug-15 17:59:46

Ok so I posted first pic on Tuesday which was CD15 (wrote 12 above by mistake) and have tested twice a day every day since CD11 and that was my darkest to date - got another darkish line following day CD16 (have attached side by side photo of both tests) - neither seem to be dark enough and now all tests have been back to faint/barely visible lines. Now on CD18 and cycle is 30 days so will keep testing a few more days but now thinking I haven't OV'd at all this month confused

Belle7688 Fri 14-Aug-15 18:02:59

Should say that photo one was done about 6pm and photo 2 around half 7 pm - in between these I tested and line was faint - also trying BBT charting since Wed when thermometer was delivered and temps have been 36.19, 36.47 and today 36.35 x

Belle7688 Mon 17-Aug-15 17:02:17

Following the medium coloured lines on the above OPKs on CD15 and CD16, I have now only had light or no lines visible on the OPKs.
Now on CD21 - also been charting since CD16 when BBT was delivered and had morning temps of 36.19, 36.47, 36.35, 36.52, 36.45, 36.44.
Last night and today had swollen tender boobs and a creamy coloured CM so if I have OV'd, looks like I missed my surge with the OPKs.
But really worried now that I haven't OV'd this month at all hmm.
Does anyone think the other signs (temp rise, boob pain etc) would indicate I have OV'd? Sorry for the stupid questions - I have no idea! x

DrGee Mon 17-Aug-15 20:08:06

I'm also having fun (not really) with the opks - started testing on CD12 and have had all totally negative results - no second line at all bar one super faint. Now on CD 19 and still nothing, feel a bit concerned, no evidence of any change in cm either. I'm hoping it's just post coil removal mischief and next cycle I might actually be able to pinpoint the surge. My temps are usually about 35.8 too and are a bit erratic so I'm not sure I'm doing that right either. Just have to keep dtd and keep the fingers crossed!

Belle7688 Mon 17-Aug-15 22:52:51

It's all so confusing isn't it! Would have been nice to get a clear positive opk but I read any increase of 0.2C of bbt for duration of LP was a strong indicator of OV and from CD17 mine have been at least that much higher but with it being my first month charting I won't really know for sure for a month or two.
Had a creamy white CV for past two days but less so today but I'm going to start monitoring this too - might as well add CM to the mix!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now