Anyone had late multiple negative tests...then found out they were pregnant anyway?!

(17 Posts)
Mollydog88 Tue 11-Aug-15 10:15:45

Reb I(0) Logout

Home
Menu

Chat
Morning all! First post...I'd be interested to hear about your experiences!

I had just about settled back in to regular 30-day cycles after coming off the pill in Feb... and this month, I am 12 days late and counting.

Not actively trying to conceive but not always being careful, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility...but after 3 negative tests (definitely negative, nothing even like a faint line) this late, I'm worried there's something more sinister going on!

Went to see my GP yesterday who was brilliant, thorough examination, neg test there too but said it's not unheard of for a pregnancy test to show up late, so not to rule it out yet.

Has this happened to anyone else?!

puzzledleopard Tue 11-Aug-15 13:27:59

HI, I made a post recently I am now 14 days late sad

If you ovulated late in the month then it would delay Af and it would also delay implanting which would delay everything including a positive test as you need the Implantation to occur for the HCG to develop in your body which you can more accurately test for after 6-8 days after implantation.

I had no symptoms for ages with my daughter (Who is the only Pregnancy I've had gone to term out of 4) and didn't know till around 7 weeks I was pregnant but it showed up positive.

I fell pregnant in March but had a mc at 7 weeks it took me 13 days late after many many negative tests to even show a positive test which was really faint then on the sunday a week later i did another one which was really dark then on the tuesday was admitted with bleeding and was having an Mc sad

Though I can't rule out in march there wasn't an issue from the beginning and the hormone was rising so slowly could have been an indication something wrong and its supposed to double within 48 hours (but it does not in everyone thats the guide they follow but in reality it doesn't always).

I too have been looking for more people that this has happened to that got a positive later.

Mollydog88 Tue 11-Aug-15 13:37:00

Hi - so sorry to hear about everything you've been through. I was really surprised that the doctor was quite casual about the fact that it might just not show up yet, given how late I am now - but I did fly to the U.S. about two weeks after my last period, so maybe delayed ovulation due to jet lag? I have no idea.

Either way, I'd like something to happen soon so I know what's going on!

puzzledleopard Wed 12-Aug-15 13:48:13

I think they are so casual because they never know for sure when ovulation has occurred and implantation takes 6-12 days and then it can take a few days after implantation to show a positive test. So many factors, they are in the same boat as us I guess all they can advise is wait and test again. Unless it occurs more often and they investigate unfortunately there isn't much they can do sad

Even harder in people that dont have regular periods plus stress and other medical reasons.

Jetlag can throw periods out as your body could become Imbalanced from the traveling.

You might not have ovulated at all. anovulatory cycle can happen from stress, hormone imbalance, extreme exercise and eating habits.

I am in the same boat i'd like something happening soon! I should be glad as I have really painful periods and can usually tell when it's going to come on but nothing. Its the not knowing can live without a period but there is always the what if?

ChopinLizst Wed 12-Aug-15 13:49:15

Just wanted to say that with DD2 I had a faint + at around 5 wks, then two weeks of totally -. Then + again after that. Still don't understand it and she's 8 now!!

Mollydog88 Wed 12-Aug-15 16:09:04

Puzzled- that's exactly it, I want something 'normal' to happen so I know there's nothing terrible going on! Had a blood test and ultrasound a few months back as I was getting pain in one side and doc thought it might be a cyst, but everything was normal and had swabs done as well now so at least everything is being ruled out I suppose!

Chopin- thanks! Def not completely ruled it out yet, feel so so sick and normally run 30miles+ a week but barely made two yesterday without being breathless and feeling like I was about to vomit! Don't want coffee, don't want to drink, all I fancy is toast - just doesn't feel normal for me! How did you find out for sure?

homeaway Wed 12-Aug-15 17:30:15

The jetlag could have delayed your cycle so maybe you ovulated after you got back, which still means you could be pregnant. Buy some chespies from poundland and keep testing. Good luck.

Mollydog88 Wed 12-Aug-15 17:56:44

Cheers! Either way, I'm hoping it is just late o - flew to the U.S. and drove across three time zones then flew home in the course of 2.5 weeks, got to be putting some stress on my body! If that's the case, SOMETHING should happen in a few days I suppose...

mascaraisamust Wed 12-Aug-15 18:20:18

7 bfns for me! Took me until 10 days late to get a BFP on a FRER! Fingers crossed for you all. I was told I hadn't ovulated this month hmm

Mollydog88 Wed 12-Aug-15 18:44:05

Ooh that's exciting! I've tried Boots, some dodgy brand I found cheap in a chemist called Early Bird and a Tesco one so far and absolutely nothing in my wildest imagination I could even interpret as a line. Waiting for anything to happen is absolutely consuming me!!!

Mollydog88 Thu 13-Aug-15 16:32:12

14 days and first response today...and still absolutely nothing. I'm pretty sure that it's something else.

Reebok Thu 13-Aug-15 17:22:41

I had 6/7 negative tests...I was a week late or so and I finally got a positive test...my LO is now 2. Good luck! Sometimes it takes a while for hormones to show up.

Mollydog88 Thu 13-Aug-15 17:23:09

Okay having actually looked at it after the time again rather than seeing the one line and chucking it... Is there a very faint line on there or is it just an indent in the stick? Opened it up to get a better look but not sure...

mascaraisamust Thu 13-Aug-15 17:45:00

I disguarded my FRER and threw it in my washbag as I saw it was negative (test #6). It was only when I looked again 6 hours later when I was unpacking that I noticed the faintest bfp. Apparently you are advised not to open them as they can give a false positive reading.

I can see something but it's lacking colour so could be an evap. Retest with fmu and wait. Good luck!

mascaraisamust Thu 13-Aug-15 17:46:28

The more I look, the more I see it! Did you see it before you opened it?

Mollydog88 Thu 13-Aug-15 17:49:53

I've just read that with all the frantic googling I've been doing! Yeah I did, but same as you, I thought it looked white/silvery so opened it up to squint at it and can def see something but not sure what! Guess I'll have to try again in the morning and see what that looks like. Was all geared up for a few much needed glasses of wine tonight too after ramming the car into a fence this morning haha - will maybe hold off til the weekend!

Mollydog88 Fri 14-Aug-15 16:42:14

DEFINITE negative on the same type first thing this morning! And now 15days late... No chance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now