Too early to test?

(5 Posts)
TattieHowkerz Sun 12-Jul-15 18:04:55

Not currently TTC but had a wee slip as it were with the withdrawal method. I've been feeling a little nauseous and some posters on another thread suggested I might be pregnant. Hadn't made the association as I didn't get sickness with DD and I thought it came later anyway.

So, my last period started Friday 19th June. Borderline contraceptive accident Monday 6th July. Had lots of EWCM at the time. Usual cycle length 26 to 28 days.

I did a first response test this afternoon and it was negative. Testing too early, should I test again later? Or should that be relied on? Is the recent afternoon nausea potentially significant? Feel like I am symptom spotting but lots of stuff I am experiencing (full, tender breasts) could just be pmt. obviously will know by the end of the week if my period shows up! Would appreciate any thoughts on these things racing through my mind.

Would be fine with being pregnant btw. Timing not perfect, but ok, and we do want another!

BeautifulBatman Mon 13-Jul-15 07:28:55

Test when you're late. It's a waste of money to two before hand. It won't change whether you're pregnant or not.

TattieHowkerz Mon 13-Jul-15 07:32:39

You're right batman. I'll try to sit tight for a few more days.

nottheOP Mon 13-Jul-15 07:33:05

I'd buy cheap tests from the £ shop and test every day until i got a bfp or period but I believe that the recommendation is to wait a few days.

BeautifulBatman Mon 13-Jul-15 07:38:32

To add - when I got my bfp, I tested at two days late (bfn), 4 days late (bfn), and finally bfp 6 days late. Basically, I'd hold out as long as you can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now