Thoughts?

(14 Posts)
Cameltits Thu 25-Jun-15 17:04:35

Hi all

we've been TTC for just over a year, and I'm now 4 days late. However, since Tuesday (one day late) I've had an intermittent brown discharge.....sort of like the start of a period.....it's been on and off. does this sound like spotting?! and if so what does that mean? It's not heavy.

trying not to get my hopes up (haven't told my husband yet) and don't want to get his hopes up with a test unless I know what's going on....

If anyone has experienced this please let me know!

Thank you!
x

sebsmummy1 Thu 25-Jun-15 17:07:12

I would just test or else you're going to drive yourself demented.

Cameltits Thu 25-Jun-15 17:08:04

You're probably right. Just last time we were so disappointed, so scared of getting hopes up! !

MrsPCR Thu 25-Jun-15 17:17:08

How are you 4 days late and not tested? Wow that's strength! Test away just if nothing else to give your brain a rest for a few days. I end up testing 12dpo because I know there's a chance I could end the mental torture and the being unable to know of a bfn puts it out of my mind for a couple of days. The AF arrives.

Fingers crossed and good luck!

Cameltits Thu 25-Jun-15 17:23:17

It's been killing me! But I also had the blood test this month at the doctors to see if in ovulating, and it came back borderline, so need to do it again next month. ...so in my head I'm preparing for not being pregnant. ....hmmmmm husband is home about ten tonight so if my period hasn't arrived by then I'll do it with him x

dreamingofmynextsleep Thu 25-Jun-15 18:32:09

Oh camel.. I could have written this myself and although I haven't got an answer, I know how you feel!
I was due on Sunday night/Monday morning and have had all the cramping in the world and light brown spotting on and off for a week now but no AF. I haven't tested yet - I'm being so so good - gonna leave it until after the weekend.. If I haven't had AF arrive by Monday night/ Tuesday morning (I would have ovulated 3 weeks prior to this) then I shall test... But it's driving me insane.

Cameltits Thu 25-Jun-15 18:39:45

dreaming....oh my goodness, that's so interesting that the same thing is happening to you! any reason why you're waiting til after the weekend? x

HawkEyeTheNoo Thu 25-Jun-15 18:48:59

I'm away to be 40 and ttc for 14 months and dissapointed every month. I get tender breasts before my period and was wasting a fortune with tests that in my heart I knew would be negative. DP is away on a lads holiday and for the past three days I having been peeing like there is no tomorrow, like ok I need a pee and then within a minute I've got back pain and NEED to pee and it's constant! I so don't want to get my hopes up AND the worst bit of it is, because of dissapojntment I have ignored my periods completely, I can't even remember when's last one was (well I know it was last month) so I'm gettingy self more and more excited and I'm gonna be devastated again! hmmhmm

dreamingofmynextsleep Thu 25-Jun-15 19:26:19

camel.. My usual cycle is 35 days which is due Monday.. But for some reason I ovulated a week early - EWCM, ovary twinges etc. So, although I should have come on Sunday/Monday .. My usual 35 days isn't until this Monday.. So if I haven't come on by Tuesday next week.. I shall test smile

I've had spotting, back and cramping with sore boobs and nausea for about 10 days now... Infuriating! X

Southy84 Thu 25-Jun-15 20:26:41

I have heard of this happening and people getting a BFP, however I had this last month (first time I have ever had it) and I so got my hopes up, 4days of spotting and bfn then AF appeared, I dont want to put a negative spin on it though as I could mean something completely different for you. I have my fx for you though, I'd do a test if I were you x

Cameltits Thu 25-Jun-15 20:49:05

Thanks South, it's good to hear it happens to others. ....from what I've read it can mean everything and nothing sad will hopefully take a test tonight xx

Cameltits Thu 25-Jun-15 22:42:16

period just started. ...Gutted sad oh well bring on next month! x

Peacheykeen Thu 25-Jun-15 22:50:18

Hi op I'm not an expert but it can be implantation bleeding which is similar to a period I'm pregnant with dc3 and had a bleed while pregnant all 3 times this happened to a friend of mine too she had a bleed and was actually pregnant.

Cameltits Sat 27-Jun-15 11:56:12

Trying to keep smiling today, I'm going to be an aunt. so so happy for them, but after thinking I was pregnant, killer! at least I can partake in celebration bubbles! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now