Anyone waiting to ttc?

(12 Posts)
TulipChewlip Thu 25-Jun-15 11:52:35

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone else is in same/similar boat to me?

I experienced an unplanned pregnancy in Oct which resulted in mc. I haven't really recovered from it and this month is when the baby would be due so I've been a bit sad recently.

I put the question to dh about ttc #4 (3 dcs already - dd age 10, ds1 age almost 9, ds2 aged almost 5).

He hasn't come back to me with a decision yet as there is much to consider obviously.

Anyhow, that's my short story - anyone else waiting, for whatever reason? Need a place to chat?

smile flowers brew cake

Spamminit Thu 25-Jun-15 11:59:01

Hi Tulip

I had a mc at 6 weeks in September and a mmc at 18 weeks in May. We really do want a 3rd dc but we are waiting on results from mmc in May so will be due to see the consultant again at end of July by my calculations.

I am overweight currently so want to get down to my healthy weight. I have started smoking again after losing our little boy in May. So I have lots to do before trying again.

I of course would love to try straight away but if I lost another child I doubt I would be able to cope. It is so difficult waiting but it can't help to be in good health before trying again.

Sorry for your loss thanks

Spamminit Thu 25-Jun-15 11:59:48

That should read it can't hurt, not help.

TulipChewlip Thu 25-Jun-15 12:15:03

Hi Spamminit, I'm so sorry to hear of your losses, flowers

I'm also overweight, a lot blush, but I joined slimming World this week and I'm going to conquer it this time! You're right, being in better shape for ttc can't hurt smile

I probably should leave the ttc subject alone for a while but it just consumes my whole mind. We are buying a new house and I find myself going through furniture configurations in my mind about where we would put the cot should next baby be a girl or boy. It's like self torture. hmm.

harrietm87 Thu 25-Jun-15 18:38:16

Hello. I'm waiting to TTC #1. Have been broody for ages but it's not the right time (even though my body totally thinks it's the right time!) mainly for financial reasons and because of bf's career. Agreed with my bf we would start trying this time next year. Seems like forever!

emwithme Thu 25-Jun-15 19:05:26

Yes, I'm waiting. DH and I have been married for nearly 3 years, I'm 38 and broody as hell. I have some medical issues and have been on pretty heavy duty painkillers for the past six years so have been reducing them over the past 12 months - I should be taking my last tramadol in the next couple of weeks (yay)

The plan then is to have my coil out in September/October time and go from there - or should I say was...my PERFECT job has just been advertised and if I get it it'll start in September, in which case we're going to delay until May/June time next year.

emwithme Thu 25-Jun-15 19:06:06

Oh, and I could also do with losing some weight...started back at SW this morning.

TulipChewlip Fri 26-Jun-15 09:20:16

Hi everyone! <waves> smile

It's nice to see a few of us in the same boat, broodiness is not easy to deal with is it? I'm glad we've got somewhere to chat about it.

Anyone doing anything exciting today or at the weekend? I'm working this evening till midnight and I'm actually considering going back to bed - that's as exciting as my day gets. Love my job though smile

Take care everyone x

hollienivy Fri 26-Jun-15 10:17:16

Hi ladies I'm H, 29, Im on the waiting boat to ttc #1 too :-) we plan to start trying in January on our last long haul scuba diving holiday (for a few years at least!), seemed like a good idea for brain when we booked it but body soo wants to get started right now! this 6 Month wait is torture cos I'm currently undergoing tests for PCOS so when the time finally comes to try I guess we may be in for a long wait! thinking I might just risk it and get started a few months early. anybody else feel that way?x

simplydevine05 Sun 28-Jun-15 21:38:11

Hi everyone,

We are waiting to ttc dc2 (dc1 for my partner). I was obese so have been losing weight since March and wanted to get it completely under control. I have hypermobility syndrome and figured that my joints probably wouldn't cope with pregnancy if I was over weight.
We also have a holiday in four weeks and I would like to be able to drink and eat as I please. I also didn't want to be on holiday with nausea/sickness. We will be starting ttc when we return and I will have a bit more time to lose some more pounds!

kavanaughkj Mon 29-Jun-15 17:01:35

Hi all :-) I'm waiting until January next year as I'm getting married to my lovely fiance then. At 36 I'm getting a bit twitchy though and part of me would really like to start trying now. I have a calendar reminder to go on folic acid from October onwards >_< This year seems to alternately be dragging and speeding while I watch the date tick ever closer!

zarzlee71 Mon 29-Jun-15 22:45:27

Hey, im waiting to ttc #3. Im weaning myself off medication before we can start trying (I believe these tablets played a major part in causing my second child's heart disease). Im finding it hard at the moment though =(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now