Clearblue digital weeks reduced

(7 Posts)
SweetCharlotteRose Fri 05-Jun-15 19:47:44

Hi
On Tuesday evening I got a 2-3 weeks pregnant which was about right as I'd conceived 2 weeks and 2 days previously.

This evening checked again (I'm 4+5 now) and it's saying 1-2.

This isn't good is it? I had a feeling from the get go that this pregnancy would fail.

m33r Fri 05-Jun-15 19:53:57

sweet these tests are notorious for giving false info. I never got 3+ and he's now attached to my breast. I'm not sure what advice to offer just that this doesn't necessarily mean anything x

SweetCharlotteRose Fri 05-Jun-15 19:59:20

I'm trying to prepare myself for the worst.

sizethree Fri 05-Jun-15 20:04:00

You should only ever use first morning it one, as the pregnancy hormone HCG that the test detects is at its most concentrated then. In the evening it will be a lot more diluted as you've been hydrated throughout the day,
The Clear Blue digits are notorious for being inaccurate. They are also confusing from when they date the pregnancy. As you'll know, uoure likeky to get a positive test from the day of your missed period. Your D&C would count this as being 4 weeks pregnant (as your period is likely to have been 4 weeks prior) but Clear Blue digis only can only detect from when HCG is present, so always show a couple of weeks behind. For example, if you're 6 weeks pregnant - they read 4, if you're 8 weeks pregnant - they read 6 etc.
Please step away fr the tears, you e got your positive so you ARE pregnabt,
Unless you have bleeding or cramping there's no reason to think things aren't debeloping as they should,
If you do need reassurance use the standard dye tests, as they get darker over the werks as the HCG hire more level increases.

SweetCharlotteRose Fri 05-Jun-15 20:06:53

But the one I took Tuesday was also in the evening and gave me 2-3 weeks. I'd expect to be further along now if the hcg had doubled as it should so definitely at 2-3 but instead it's reduced.

On the website it says it's 98% effective at dating pregnancies. I've had no symptoms either.

sizethree Fri 05-Jun-15 20:39:45

It's still very early to be having symptoms and symptoms vary massively between women to women.
Is this your first pregnancy?
Honestly, the cheap Internet dip stick tests will be more accurate at showing progression.
And again, if you're not having bleeding or cramping there's no indication to say anything isn't right.
Pregnancy is a worrying time, but you need to try and relax and hope for the best.
I suffer from recurrent miscarriage, and none of what yiu've described would eirry me and I am a an incredible worrier.
Please do try to relax.

LoopyLa Fri 05-Jun-15 21:06:10

I've no advice SweetCharlotte but lurked on your previous thread.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed and sending sticky bean thoughts to you. Previous posters are correct that Clearblues can be dodgy but I completely understand your worries. Hope that you can get some sleep & perhaps in a few days you'll be able to share more positive news x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now