An "is this a line?" Thread please help me with a very faint line

(22 Posts)
mayaknew Sat 30-May-15 11:16:05

The test here is about half an hour old so I think it might be an evap . It looks pink(ish) to me but not really in the picture . This is the best I could get is so faint it was hard to get it to show up in pictures .

Oysterbabe Sat 30-May-15 11:21:46

Could you only see it after half hour?
Do you know how many days DPO you are out when AF is due?
I can see a line but I'd be wary if it took so long to show.

mayaknew Sat 30-May-15 11:45:29

It didn't come up immediately but I had to go take in a parcel so I had to leave it so I'm not really sure how long it took to come up that's why I'm unsure if it is evap or not . Because it looks pink to me that's why I am wondering if it is a positive confused

mayaknew Sat 30-May-15 11:51:14

My periods are very very irregular so all I really know is they are due round about now .

Theselittlelightsofmine Sat 30-May-15 11:55:49

Can you do another test?

HazleNutt Sat 30-May-15 11:58:58

I vote for line - my evaps were colourless

babyiwantabump Sat 30-May-15 12:04:17

I have the same tests and they do come up very feint . Do another - I didn't know I was pregnant till about 6 weeks as was expecting the line to come up quicker. Thinking about it now it was pretty obvious before!

Oysterbabe Sat 30-May-15 12:07:54

This was my positive on an an internet cheapy and the same kind of test 4 days later. It could be a positive but maybe give a couple of days and test again.

mayaknew Sat 30-May-15 12:15:39

Yeah yours is much more obvious than mine oyster . I'm not sure it is a positive now . I think I'll try another tomorrow morning .

Oysterbabe Sat 30-May-15 12:16:13

FX it's darker smile

mayaknew Sat 30-May-15 12:23:17

Ok so crazy ttc lady here just had to go do another .

I set a timer and withing just over 2mins a second so so so faint line appeared . It's so faint that I can't even get it to show up in pictures . But it's definitely there .

I'm debating weakening hungover DH for a second opinion now even though I'd rather wait on a definite positive to tell him .... What to do what to do confused

Why is it that ttc turns normal women into maniacs gringringrin

Oysterbabe Sat 30-May-15 12:42:44

I don't know, we just do grin
A line is a line, if it came up in two minutes I think congratulations may be in order. I'd still do another tomorrow though.

Casmama Sat 30-May-15 12:47:54

Can you stretch to a first response?

mayaknew Sat 30-May-15 13:29:55

Checked them again the lines are definitely pink .

So I woke DH and showed him the second one he said he saw a line . I asked him what colour he said "same as the dark line only fainter" so I'm convinced gringringrin

mayaknew Sat 30-May-15 18:04:12

Cas I'm not really keen on first response . When I got my bfp with ds I was used a first response to "confirm it" but I got a negative resultconfused

Chintaria Sun 31-May-15 09:35:39

Congrats maya flowers That definitely looks like a positive to me grin

I've just found out I'm pg too, so we must be due around the same time smile

mayaknew Sun 31-May-15 10:33:59

Thanks chin ! grin congrats to you too thanks

Did another test this morning and I got a line ! Still really faint but definitely there !

I worked out 29th January ?

Chintaria Sun 31-May-15 11:06:47

Thanks! My lines took a few days to get darker, so don't worry smile
My EDD is 3rd Feb according to MN due date calculator - first day of last period was 28th April.
Is this your second?

mayaknew Sun 31-May-15 11:13:26

Third gringrin

My LMP was 24 April I didn't use a calculator just counted 40 weeks grin

Is this dc2 for you chin ?

Tbh I'm in a bit of a state of shock this is only our first month of trying and we only dtd a couple times during that cycle , ds was really poorly for a few weeks . I had pretty much written this cycle off .

How long have you been ttc ?

Chintaria Sun 31-May-15 11:53:48

We are also in a state of shock grin This will be our third as well and was a happy accident. Dc2 took 6 years & IVF to have, so we absolutely weren't expecting this!
How old are your other dc? We have a ds 8 and dd 16 months so should be fun grin

mayaknew Sun 31-May-15 12:17:53

Oh that's lovely!! smile what a lovely surprise smile

We have dd who just turned 10 and ds is two and a half . I'm glad we will just have a three year age gap this time so they have a wee mate grin

I'm a student nurse as well and it took us months to conceive ds so I thought start now take it easy and I was thinking I would finish second year take mat leave then I'd only have a year to go . But I'll now need to finish up half way through second year . Not that I'm bothered I'm just happy being pregnantgrin oh that's so weird to say really hasn't sunk in yet !

Chintaria Sun 31-May-15 12:24:16

I know, I feel like a bit of a fraud still, esp with it being such a complete surprise! We've told the lady I work with and my FIL and they both burst out laughing! (I get v sick so need people to know early).
Sounds like you will be very busy if you're studying/working/being a mum already - good luck!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now