We're not ttc but are not taking precautions - ds was conceived naturally but it took 6 years to have dd. She was our tenth pregnancy and we went through 5 rounds of IVF to have her. I would LOVE to have another child. DH would love it too. But I feel so grateful to have finally managed to have a second child that I worry about starting down that road again, and how I will feel if it goes wrong. I had a cp last month, but haven't told a soul. It's started me thinking properly about the possibility of dc3, and I can't figure out what to do! It would be almost a miracle if we conceived naturally and managed to keep it, so I'm not getting my hopes up, but I feel like I should decide either way and stick with it. The other thing to take into consideration is that I get HG - I was hospitalised by 6+2 with dd. Can I put my family through that again? I have gone through HG with 4 pregnancies, so know I could get through it, but it's the thought of the dc having to manage while I'm so poorly. How did you decide whether to ttc or not to? (Sorry for the essay )
I think it's very personal to you and your DH. I have two dcs, neither of them were 'easy to get'. My DS was born as a result of IVF. I then had two miscarriages that were naturally conceived and then we had dd, also naturally conceived. After dd, I just felt complete, I just didn't feel the need to have another baby and neither did DH. I have never reconsidered that and she is seven now and I simply don't have that yearning for a baby anymore.