Dipping my toes in...

(4 Posts)
Thisisbonkers Wed 13-May-15 20:10:57

Hello! I'm entering with trepidation... I've read a few posts and am utterly lost with all the acronyms confused so please bear with me!

My partner and I have been trying to conceive (ttc?) for about 6 months now. I know it's not long in the scheme of things but it's starting to get me down, and him. It doesn't help that friends are getting pregnant and dropping offspring left, right and centre. Without even trying, no less!

I'm just feeling downhearted with it all. Even sex isn't quite, I dunno, it all seems to have a 'purpose'. Is it normal to feel so disillusioned? I've about a week to wait to see if we've been successful this time round but not feeling hopeful about it sad. I have irregular cycles which makes it tricky. Why do the TV and films make it seem so easy?

FlatWhiteToGo Wed 13-May-15 21:37:46

Welcome smile. I'm so sorry to hear you feel this way, but you are certainly not alone!

I completely relate to everything you say. We've been trying for 6 months to no avail. I never ever imagined that every month would be so stressful and ultimately heartbreaking sad. Like you, sex is no longer much fun (although we try!) and everything in life just seems to be on hold. Everyone we know seems to fall pregnant straight away and some are even onto their 4th! (I'm only 30!).

You'll find that so many people on here feel the same, so there will be loads of people to chat to and get some support! Why don't you come and join us on the May bus? X x x

s098 Wed 13-May-15 21:45:09

Hi, I feel your pain! I have irregular cycles to which makes keeping track of things really difficult and it's all a bit more frustrating than I expected.
We've only been TTC ( more if it happens it happens) for a couple of months but waiting around for a period to happen is really annoying!
Have you tried any suppliments? I read good reviews on 'seven seas trying for a baby' vitamins and have started them recently

Thisisbonkers Wed 13-May-15 22:38:50

smile

I'm glad it's not just me! I'm really trying not to become obsessed with it but I want to start planning my maternity leave grin I'll join the May bus if you promise not to be scary, and I'll try and work out what everyone is talking about!

I'm just taking the folic acid s098, but I'll have a look at those, thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now