Irregular periods TTC

(9 Posts)
Itfellapartinmyhands Tue 05-May-15 22:00:08

Hi, anyone experienced this; I have one DS aged 2 1/2, had one miscarriage last year in June. Both times I got pregnant instantly. Since the miscarriage though it just ain't happening. For one thing my periods have started being a bit strange, (graphic alert!) starting very light brown then stopping for a day or two then starting again more normally. They have become more irregular too, my cycle is anything from 24-30 days. Last month I came on two days early and now this month, I'm four days late. It's been messing with my head, I've done two tests both negative.

Later...My period has started properly now so that's it for this month.
I know I have to stay relaxed and not think about it too much but it's hard isn't it?! Tbh I know what I need to do, relax and have more sex - easier said than done! I just need to rant!

confused

morethanpotatoprints Wed 06-May-15 19:59:10

Hello my love.
I'm so sorry you are going through such a hard time.
I don't have the answers but didn't want to leave you unanswered.
How old are you OP.
Have you been to the doctors? I know they can tell so muh from a simple blood test and may well be worth a visit.
I'm sending you an unmnetty hug and best wishes.

Itfellapartinmyhands Wed 06-May-15 22:21:29

Hi, thanks so much for that. I'm 36, soon to be 37. I actually did get in touch with my doctor a couple of months ago and had tests. All is fine, and while that is obviously great, I was annoyed not to have something to blame and/or fix!
I said my period had started but it was very light and only brown yesterday and then ceased again today. I got in touch with a nurse at my surgery and she said to come in and she did a test. Still negative, but she said that this can happen and you still be pregnant so she's booked me back in for two weeks time and if it's still negative then I'm definitely not but she'll then start working out what's happening with my periods. Phew! What a roller coaster it all is.
I'll let you know!

morethanpotatoprints Thu 07-May-15 11:12:09

I am so glad they are getting to the bottom of it and wish you all the best, it must be so hard not knowing and waiting to find out.
I asked your age but didn't want to say anything as I was like this just before the menopause, but ended up pg.
If you have had tests though this is one you can strike off.
Good luck to you and I hope it works out for you.

Itfellapartinmyhands Tue 12-May-15 18:24:14

Well, I'm pregnant! I can't really believe it and have had a tiny bit of spotting again, but still a positive result. So unlike my last pregnancy. Anyway, fingers crossed this one goes all the way!
Thanks for taking an interest.
flowers

Ilikesponge123 Tue 12-May-15 20:08:47

Hey ladies I join?
Ttc baby #2 I also have irregular periods. Keep thinking I'm pregnant but no positive yet. We are trying but no lucksad

Itfellapartinmyhands Wed 13-May-15 07:38:51

Hi ilikesponge123, it is so frustrating isn't it! I was always very regular before my DS so it was much easier. In fact we got pregnant at the first attempt. I've been using an app on my phone to keep track but I think I got to hung up on that and would dtd only around my supposed ovulation date. But I think it's hard to really know what's going on inside you, even monitoring my changes during my cycle and using ovulation sticks. Basically I got to fixated on it and even though I tried to 'relax' I probably wasn't inside at all. As I have some hen dos, weddings and a festival over the next couple of months I said I wasn't that bothered at the moment, and there you go - I wasn't thinking about it and got pregnant!
Anyway that's my tip to you, try not to get too hung up on it. They recommend to dtd every 2-3 days to ensure there's always sperm lurking around ready to pounce on your egg. I found this virtually impossible what with being exhausted by DS! It was so much easier the first time!
Good luck, I'm sure it will happen soon.
X

savourydanish Thu 14-May-15 13:59:58

Hi,
I just need somewhere anonymous to bang on to. I also have irregular periods. Sometimes 42 days, sometimes 30. Before I had children it was a bit irregular but in a 28 -32 window. Now the window has got much wider. Could this be the start of the menopause? Agreed with my DH that we would try for one more at the beginning of this year, but we don't go to bed at the same time, so the trying is on paper. He is 38, I am 39. I don't seem to be able to get the msg across to him that to get pregnant you need to dtd and if i go to bed at 10.30pm and he goes at sometime around midnight I just won't be awake. I have tried staying awake, but I literally can't. He says he needs 'wind down' time and cannot go to bed at half ten every night. When I asked why he could not compromise on this and why he said we could try if he knew he did not want to make any effort to dtd he said 'but we are trying'. Is he just humouring me or does he genuinely believe that at our age sex once every few months is enough to get pregnant? I don't really know how to fix this one... if I schedule it he gets annoyed that it is not spontaneous, but if I wait for spontaneous and for him to take the lead I know (from the year of 'trying' for the first one) that we will not have sex at all. Nada, niente. anyone else ever had this problem? I always read men are interested, but we have a great relationship otherwise, but bedroom wise it's a real uphill struggle :-(

Itfellapartinmyhands Sat 16-May-15 15:41:30

Oh dear Savourydanish, ttc really can take the spark out of sex can't it??
Our trouble was being too knackered and given the choice we would have just gone to sleep but as we were in 'the window' I had to instigate dtd. The first couple of nights were ok, (every other night not every night) but by the third he was like 'really'? It was so awkward sometimes! I had to remind him of the reasons but then he'd say it's not spontaneous but what annoyed me was that he knew what we were trying too achieve but didn't really take an active part in doing it! We have a quality not quantity sex life since having our son but he's always been rubbish at instigating things. When he does I love it and tell him he should do it more as it's sexy. But he commutes, I look after our toddler and by the time we get into bed, sleep is the burning desire!
So, back to your problems - have you considered not waiting until bedtime to dtd? If he's so desperate to wind down, give him a massage and see where it goes. Then you can go to bed and he can stay up a bit longer!

I've started bleeding again today so pretty sure this is a doomed pregnancy. So I'll be back to the drawing board too��
It's funny how when you get together you can't stop having sex but desperately don't want to get pregnant. Now we do, we can't get them to have sex!

Good luck everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now