I think its too early.. more than a week to go!

(23 Posts)
Hopefulnewbie Tue 05-May-15 14:11:05

Its only our second month tcc and AF isn't due until the 13th but ive been getting a pinching feeling in my side and now im getting this nausea and just feel a little out of it (first i thought i was in need of chocolate but its not shifting even after lunch!)...
im a terrible symptom spotter and read so many threads so basically im trying not to get excited! anyone else in the same boat?! or can give me a virtual mn slap?!

bourbondreams Tue 05-May-15 22:15:04

Hey hopeful I'm on my first month ttc and due AF 14th. I'm trying not to symptom spot to. But like you been getting a pinchy feeling which I've had a couple days. Last week was feeling queasy as anything, tonight I thought I was going to be sick but didn't. I've no idea if these are positive signs or just normal...

Feels like waiting forever! But I've no idea what should/shouldn't be happenin anyway

bourbondreams Tue 05-May-15 22:16:28

It's quite nice having someone else in a similar situation time wise too

gakay Wed 06-May-15 08:16:18

My AF is also due on the 13th. Started TTC in sept and have had 2 losses. Am getting a bit desperate now. Also noticed a few twinges in my lower abdo but am telling myself it's probably to do with having eaten a while ago. One more week to go now. Good luck to all of us

Hopefulnewbie Wed 06-May-15 08:57:01

hi bourbondreams im so glad im not the only one! .. i woke up this morning with the same queasy feeling and light headed, i dont feel like im going to be sick but i just feel off... im still trying not to read too much into it but its so hard! i think this is going to be a long week!
gakay sorry about your 2 losses, im keeping my fingers crossed that this month is your month!

bourbondreams Wed 06-May-15 11:23:03

gakay sorry about your two losses. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that this is the month.

hopeful I know, its strange, I have been trying to keep relaxed and not think about it at all, but it is hard sometimes - especially when work can be frustrating and I would rather be anywhere than here! Its ages to go til we can know, are you thinking of taking an early test a few days before AF is due? I have no idea what to do. I am tying to hold out and not get hopes up but it would just be nice to know at the same time as we are due to be away next weekend...

Hopefulnewbie Wed 06-May-15 12:44:41

bourbondreams I know what you mean about work! I just can’t concentrate either which doesn't help the workload… I think I will end up cracking a few days before and take a test but I know if its neg im going to be so disappointed! If I’m due next weds , then I’m thinking maybe take a test on Monday? Or do you think it’s best to wait until at least Wednesday? Least then if AF does arrive , I haven’t wasted money on a test! Omg how am I going to wait a whole week lol… what do you think you will end up doing? try and think positive but if AF does arrive at least you will be able to enjoy yourself when you are away next weekend! (glass half full, literally!)

bourbondreams Wed 06-May-15 15:04:22

Yeah I am not sure - I usually get some brown spotting in the day or two before AF arrives so I don't know what is best to do re test. I am like you, tempted to test soon but know it could be a false negative.

I am tempted to get some cheap ones of amazon and then it won't matter so much when I test as they are cheap. So not wasting loads of money? Hmmmm.

Yes I am MOH for the friends we are visiting and hubby is Best Man so I think I will have to keep her posted if I do get a positive, as she is almost as excited as me that we are trying! Also for honesty re getting dresses etc... their wedding is in September so had to tell her that we were planning on trying. Either way will be lovely to see them.

PattyODoors Wed 06-May-15 16:59:32

Me too! Period due next Tuesday 12th. I've been feeling very queasy and getting very crampy twinges too. On cycle 2 of TTC #2 and driving myself mad with symptom spotting, you'd think I'd remember how hard this was from last time lol!

kbbeanie Wed 06-May-15 18:59:25

Can i join !?

This is our 8th month TTC
Im 4 DPO i think....had a positive opk on fri 1st.

No idea when af is due as unfortunately i had a mc on 1st april so havent had a normal period since yet just decided to carry on with the ttc.

Ive been having such cramps since yesterday although they seem to have eased off a little now. I think i will do the first test on thurs 14th making me 12DPO.

I think i will need some help though to step away from the POAS ! lol

Ilikesponge123 Wed 06-May-15 19:01:50

Hey ladies can I join?
Ttc #2 been trying for a month AF due on 25th xx

Hopefulnewbie Wed 06-May-15 19:29:16

bourbondreams next weekend sounds like the perfect thing to take ur mind off it.. I do hope u get the BFP even if it means dress shopping may be a nightmare hehe..
I havnt stopped eating today - still feeling light headed but I can eat for a small army today.. Must control myself tomorrow (I say as I'm finishing a yogurt)
I think your onto something with the cheapie tests tho

PattyODoors it's enough to drive u insane isn't it! How r u feeling this evening? My twinges ain't budging,n it seems to be all on the 1side

kbbeanie so sorry to hear that.. My fingers r staying crossed! How r u feeling this evening?
We will have to keep each other away from the sticks! ..as they say, strength in numbers right?!

Ilikesponge123 of course smile keep us company.. U driving yourself crazy looking for signs yet?

kbbeanie Wed 06-May-15 19:36:42

I think my pains are easing tonight sad was hoping it was a good sign....now im hoping i didnt ovulate late and miss it !!!! GRRR ! They seemed to have only been one sided pains as well and then some cramps.

Why cant we just turn off and not do all this symptom spotting !!!

Yes strength in numbers ! i just went and POAS as we speak lol i know i know its far to early to get a result....so i did an OPK instead lol dont know what i was hoping to achieve but i peed on it anyways lol

kbbeanie Wed 06-May-15 19:44:50

Oh Not Happy !! that OPK i just peed on for the sake of.....its positive AGAIN ! flip sake i was hoping id finished for the month ! now i will have to dtd again just incase !

Hopefulnewbie Wed 06-May-15 19:47:33

kbbeanie that made me laugh then, the thought of not knowing which to choose but needing to pee on something.. I'm so glad I'm not the only one driving themselves mad.. It's only my 2nd month, last month I said 'let's just see what happens' n played all cool but soon as AF showed up I've turned into a crazed woman..
Sounds like you have the same feeling as me... Hopefully that a positive sign!
How r u finding opk? Are u tracking ur cycle in any other way? Sorry to sound nosey, I've just read of so many ways to do it, I dunno if I can keep up!

kbbeanie Wed 06-May-15 19:50:21

HMM i was finding OPK's great until tonight and just got that positive again...now i HATE them ! haha.
March when i got pregnant was the first positive OPK ive had since coming off pill and bam pregnant straight away so i was convinved they were a good thing.
Im not tracking any other way atm i think i might start temperatures next month....assuming i havent got pregnant this month !

Hopefulnewbie Wed 06-May-15 19:52:24

kbbeanie ahhhh yes dtd! All for a good cause ;) .. See, it wasn't a wasted pee after all!

Ilikesponge123 Thu 07-May-15 22:23:54

Hopefulnewbie,- tell me about it! I'm so sure I feel pregnant. When can you start testing? I'm new to all this conceiving thing lol. Wanted #2 straight after my DD but it hasn't happened only started trying and now I have hubby on my side grin both 21smile

bourbondreams Fri 08-May-15 11:26:43

how is everyone getting on? I am still trying to resist testing... but part of me wants to, but I think it would be too early for BFP anyway, as not due AF til Thursday I think... Hmmmmm

PattyODoors Sat 09-May-15 09:16:53

I'm spotting, reckon I'm out as I always spot for 2 days before my period so guess she'll arrive right on time. But I don't understand why I still feel incredibly sick....

kbbeanie Sun 10-May-15 00:56:24

I think im out....had lots of symptoms past 2 days and was really thinking we had it and now today all gone and temperature isn't very high either...7dpo only so have to wait another week on af !

MrsPCR Sun 10-May-15 08:53:37

kbbeanie I read something out implantation dip on my cd yesterday. They don't really seem to know but something like 20% of women who experienced a temperature dip around the time for implantation went on to get a bfp. It goes back up to post ov level again after a day or two or something.

I had so many symptoms last month then 3 days before AF they just stopped. This month I'm 5dpo and not a single symptom and no cramps around ov as I had last 2 months and as a pre-pill teen. Defo ovd as positive opk and temp rise. Who knows....apparently none of us.

MrsPCR Sun 10-May-15 08:55:04

Stupid auto correct *about and on ff not cd!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now