Line too faint?

(10 Posts)
SallyK81 Tue 05-May-15 10:56:29

I'm 12 dpo and have just had two positive tests, both faint. Did a digi which was negative. I had a chemical pregnancy earlier this year so am worried these lines are too light for 12 dpo? Any advice appreciated!

SallyK81 Tue 05-May-15 11:44:06

And is it normal to get a positive on a frer and negative on a digi?

JessieMcJessie Tue 05-May-15 11:54:29

Congrats Sally. 12 dpo is still pretty early.

I think that the clearblue digi detects over 25 miu of hcg. If you look at the attached chart you'll see that hcg could be as low as 5 around 3-4 weeks from your last menstrual period so still within normal ranges if not showing up on the digi.

Think you just need to be patient and keep testing. If the line doesn't get any stronger then there may be cause for concern but t's a bit early to be worried about that now. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

JessieMcJessie Tue 05-May-15 11:56:31

And is it normal to get a positive on a frer and negative on a digi?

I believe so, think FRER detects 12.5 miu.

SallyK81 Tue 05-May-15 11:58:42

Thanks @JessieMcJessie that's helpful. I'll try testing again tomorrow. Having a mc in the past certainly adds to the anxiousness of it all!

mrsfazruns Tue 05-May-15 18:56:06

Those lines are around the same as mine were!! Hoping for sticky one x

JessieMcJessie Mon 11-May-15 05:25:00

How did you get on Sally?

SallyK81 Mon 11-May-15 07:03:07

Hi! Thanks for asking, lines are darker now, got 2-3 weeks on a cb digi yesterday! However, have been having a very light peachy brown discharge for the past three days so still anxious!!

JessieMcJessie Mon 11-May-15 08:31:14

Glad to hear it Sally, fingers crossed. I understand brown is less of a concern than red. It's such a waiting game, puts the 2ww into perspective. Good luck.

SallyK81 Mon 11-May-15 08:59:08

That's true! There's just so much to worry about! My doctor said not to worry as it's likely just due to an irritated cervix because of high oestrogen levels in early pregnancy, so fingers crossed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now