Shorter period than normal

(3 Posts)
WittyAndCleverUsername Sun 03-May-15 21:01:20

Hi all, I'm hoping there is someone in a similar situation. I'm not up with all of terms so sorry if this reads a bit simple smile. I was on the pill but came off it in February. My first post-pill period was normal but last month the bleeding only lasted 4 days. This month I ovulated on day 14 but my period was 3 days late but has only lasted for 3 days. I am 37 and my periods have always been between 6-7 days. I'm not pregnant as I've done about a million tests all negative.

I've been googling and am now paranoid that it's a sign of early menopause!! Is a shorter period normal or do I need to see a doctor?

I gave birth to my first child in 2013, he was premature and stillborn. I've only just found myself in the right place mentally to TTC again now I'm terrified I have left it too late.

Any words or wisdom? X

Rainy34 Sun 03-May-15 21:11:57

I would not worry too much, if you have just come off the pill in Feb, your body is probably adjusting back to normal, i came off the pill over a year ago and i have only started going from 1 and 1/2 day to three day period last month, last month i took 200mg evening primrose oil until ovulation and i think that has helped me have a better period, really sorry for your loss and hope your period gets back to normal soon, if you are at all worried make a doctors appointment x

WittyAndCleverUsername Sun 03-May-15 22:05:21

Thanks Rainy, I think I'm just a natural worrier!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now