Does this sound normal / any advice ?

(11 Posts)
Emma4311993 Sun 03-May-15 17:25:54

Hi my last four cycles have been 43,39,42,38 days long. This month I had what I suspect fertile cm seventeen/sixteen days before my period and a tiny bit of cm five/six days before my period. However last cycle the only cm I got was between nine/ five days before my period. Their was tonnes of it in my knickers. A bit confused as the luteal phase does not vary that much so one of these must of been an anovulatory cycle?
I went through a period in late 2013/early 2014 of no periods for roughly nine months. Had a blood test and had a high lh level doctor said wait and see as wasn't ttc at the time. Periods come back on their own in April 2014. But I'm worrying that I don't ovulate all the time.
Spoke to my doctor last week who said to try for a year actively but that I may not be ovulating every month now I'm scared we might have a real battle on our hands to conceive.

mrsfazruns Sun 03-May-15 17:49:42

Do you temp?? It might give you a better idea of what's happening x

Emma4311993 Sun 03-May-15 17:53:18

I don't at the moment.
It's just weird as the lp phase can't vary that much :/ so confused if/when I ovulate

mrsfazruns Sun 03-May-15 17:54:24

I think temping will show you!! I wasn't realy into trying it as it seemed a bit of effort but I actually started to like knowing what my body was doing xx

Vap0 Sun 03-May-15 17:58:25

Try opk's too for a whole month smile

MrsPCR Sun 03-May-15 18:34:12

Definitely try temping. I've been doing it y weeks and already a bit addicted and find it fascinating that you can see that rise. Unfortunately not had much reliable data as this month as FF went mental on CD8 with a fever and temp increase of 3*c. After a few days, I wake up thinking about needing to temp and it's on my phone which is my alarm so I have to move it to stop my alarm. I did OPKs from CD4 last month so looking forward to seeing the temp rise with OPKs hope this month. Try it!

Emma4311993 Sun 03-May-15 19:25:08

Thanks,
I will try both opks and temping. I'm just scared how gutted ill be if I find out that I rarely ovulate / don't ovulate.
I suffer from anxiety and have this vision of me being infertile and all the treatment ( clomid ) etc failing.

mrsfazruns Sun 03-May-15 20:29:53

Try not to stress about it as the stress can do all sorts to your cycle too! At least if you have the evidence your gp might do something about it x

Emma4311993 Sun 03-May-15 20:34:41

Thanks,
Do you think I have reason to worry though ? Do I sound like I have pcos from what I've said ?

mrsfazruns Sun 03-May-15 23:47:33

Sorry but I have absolutely no idea!! If you are that worried about it talk to your gp and make him see how concerned you are!!

How old are you?? How long you been TTc??

Emma4311993 Mon 04-May-15 19:36:03

I am 21.
Spoke to my gp last week. She said a chance I'm not ovulating every month. I get roughly nine periods a year though so I'm not exactly irregular am I?
The only thing I have to go by is the nine months of periods I missed and being told I had a high lh level then.
Ttc for 6 months which i know is barely nothing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now