First cycle of clomid..anyone else?

(23 Posts)
surferchic41212 Sat 02-May-15 14:04:03

I'm currently cd3, cycle one of clomid, and not sure of what to expect, but feeling quite positive. I'm on it as have only had a couple of cycles since last May, and prior to my LO I was completely regular, so hoping the clomid helps out a bit..

SashaKerr Sat 02-May-15 14:05:32

I'm starting Clomid from my next cycle as I've had 3 miscarriages since my DS was born (he's now 2) and consultant thinks it will kick start my cycle. He's given me 3 cycles worth so hope to be preg by then! Will report back but would be interested to know how you find it x

Vap0 Mon 04-May-15 19:20:17

surferchic and sasha can I ask what days your doctor told you to take the clomid? I'm due to be prescribed on 11th and hope I won't be too late in my cycle to take it - i will be somewhere between cd 2 - cd 5 depending on what AF decides...

Best of luck to you both flowers

Katgrant30 Mon 18-May-15 00:15:14

Hey - just found this thread - I'm on my first cycle of clomid. 50mg days 2-6 and then next month 100mg. Fingers crossed I don't need next month! In the dreaded 2ww now... Good luck to you all.

Stepawayfromthezebras Mon 18-May-15 12:29:24

Another who's (just) in my 2ww on my first cycle of Clomid, 50 mg days 2 - 6 as well. Good luck everyone! I've not had any of the side effects they warn you about so that's a relief

Katgrant30 Tue 19-May-15 03:28:00

Ah nice to find someone in the same boat! Fx for us both...

AmyC86 Sat 23-May-15 01:11:40

i'm going back to the Dr's for my referral to gyne. I was told that i needed clomid around 12 months ago, but i had my wedding so put it on the back burner.

Really concerned that some how they won't give it to me (overweight) also terrified it won't work!

Vap0 Sat 23-May-15 09:19:10

amy what's your bmi? The Dr said I had to be under 30 to get my prescription. Best of luck flowers

AmyC86 Sat 23-May-15 12:27:40

unfortunately my current BMI is a whopping 36.5.

It has been 32 up until my wedding in September, then i went on honeymoon and totally lost the plot on my healthy eating regime. Back in 2009 (when i didn't have any stress and lived and breathed healthy eating it was 28)

Both my husband and I are wanting to change our diet back to it was before the wedding; lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, however, we're just on the last week of a house move so everything is all up in the air and stressful at the moment, so give it a few weeks and we'll be back on the "wagon".

Thanks for the heads up on the BMI thing, Vap0, maybe i will just concentrate on getting my BMI down before going back to the Dr's

VixxFace Sat 23-May-15 12:36:44

I took my first tablet last night. I had to have noristephene for two weeks to induce my period.

Been trying to conceive for too many years to count with one miscarriage three years ago.

Is anyone having any side effects yet

Vap0 Sat 23-May-15 12:56:16

amy I'd still go if I was you. At least get your foot in the door and let them know you are trying. If they weigh you and see that over the course of a few months it has gone down they will probably look more favourably than if you were to wait and lose a stone before you see them as they won't know you've been trying. As far as I understand clomid is more effective if you are in a "healthy" bmi although when I had my appointment there was a quite large lady leaving with a prescription from the appointment before mine. Of course I don't know what that was by the smile on her face it was certainly clomid and not being told to go away and lose 3-4 stone but they tend to group fertility issues in the fertility wing where I go.

Good luck flowers

AbFab86 Sat 23-May-15 18:27:32

I'm on cd11 of my first cycle of clomid. There are a couple of us over on the TTC with PCOS thread. I haven't had any major symptoms but have been moody as hell over the last couple of days and have cried more than necessary! No LH surge yet but been DTD every other day just in case. Had a scan on cd9 which showed 2 follicles - one 12mm and another one pretty much the same size, just a bit smaller. Not sure if that means it has worked or not. Going for a blood test on day 21 to see if I've ovulated.

Fingers crossed some of us get lucky on the first cycle! Power in numbers! grin

surferchic41212 Mon 25-May-15 08:17:01

I've managed to get to cd25, and def ovulated, got progesterone result of 58 (after months of nothing), so the clomid worked! Feel apprehensive now.. Had a positive opk on cd17, so ovulated a bit late..had some cramping last night and keep thinking AF has arrived. Ff has me at 9dpo.. If AF hasn't arrived by Friday I'll test.. How is everyone else going? X

surferchic41212 Mon 25-May-15 08:18:30

And Vixface, I had mood swings, but nothing otherwise.. Had loads of cm though, from cd10 onwards!

AbFab86 Mon 25-May-15 08:39:23

How exciting! What dosage did you take? That's amazing that it has worked. I'm apprehensive about my day 21 test. I'm on cd13 at the moment and no sign of an LH surge or any ewcm, but then I don't think I've ever had ewcm so I'm not sure.

With regard to the cramping, not wanting to get carried away but maybe implantation cramping?! If you ok'd late then AF won't be due until about cd31 so it's an annoying wait! But yey it worked grin

surferchic41212 Mon 25-May-15 12:57:35

I was only on 50 mg, so it's great that it worked.. Just really wary of getting hopes up.. (Although of course I do hope).. Trying to just think positively that the drugs worked, so at least there is a chance in the next few months.. I took them days 2-6..

surferchic41212 Mon 25-May-15 12:58:48

Abfab.. Do you also do opk? I was told there might be less ewcm on clomid, so that sounds quite normal..

AbFab86 Mon 25-May-15 13:07:08

Wow that's even better that it worked on 50mg! I've had 50mg this cycle so I hope that works. I do do OPKs too. I've never had a surge yet at all, but hoping to see something over the next few days/week. Your positive OPK on cd17 is giving me hope! I have my day 21 test a week on Tuesday. Did you have yours on day 21 or later?

surferchic41212 Mon 25-May-15 16:28:09

I still had the test on day 21.. They said it would still show if I had ovulated, even if it was late..

AbFab86 Mon 25-May-15 17:24:14

Oh that's good. I'm going on day 21 and was concerned it wouldn't show up if I ovulate late (which I will seeing as today is cd13 and no sign of an LH surge yet). Fingers crossed for you then!

surferchic41212 Sat 30-May-15 07:03:04

I got my BFP today! Cannot believe it! Clomid worked!

Vap0 Sat 30-May-15 07:16:09

Wow! Congratulations flowers
Fantastic news!

surferchic41212 Sat 30-May-15 07:30:20

Thanks vap.. I thought I was out as had cramps earlier in the week and spotting, but must have been this implantation thing! Got a v faint result yesterday, then today super strong!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now