Possible to conceive like this ?

(12 Posts)
emmabryant71 Wed 29-Apr-15 13:27:20

Hi.
Is it easy to conceive with regular 43 day cycles ( ovulating on day 33/34) with 8/9 day luteal phases ?
I don't bleed heavily at all either . No blood unless standing up and during the night I don't bleed . I usually spot from day 3/4 to.
A bit worried I'll struggle to conceive naturally .
Also in 2013 I had nine months with no periods . Before then they used to be heavy n painful . Doctor said I had low lh level I think ( may of been fsh) but because I wasn't trying to conceive then said wait and see if they come back on their own. They did but now their like this .

Superexcited Wed 29-Apr-15 13:31:09

Are you sure that you are ovulating? If you are ovulating then it will be possible to get pregnant but you might want to talk to the doctor about the chances of the pregnancy being successful due to your hormone levels.

emmabryant71 Wed 29-Apr-15 14:21:21

:/ so it's not looking likely then ?
I don't kbow if I am. I am basing it on mucus alone . The day with the most mucus in my panties is the day I assume I ovulate.
I'm terrified of never having a successful pregnancy :/

VioletIbiza88 Wed 29-Apr-15 14:35:50

I would say the first thing you should do is find out if you are ovulating. You can get ovulation prediction kits from superdrug, they will be with the pregnancy tests or you could get them online from amazon. Once you know if and when you are ovulating you can then know how long your luteal phase is, 10-16 days is normal. But if yours is less than that then don't panic, there are things you can do to lengthen it either vitamins or seeing the doctor, who may prescribe something.

emmabryant71 Wed 29-Apr-15 15:06:57

Thanks.
I think I am ovulating as my cycles are always the same length plus the mucus indicates ovulation is occurring. Does it sound like I am but I just need to pin point where in my cycle I am rather than guessing based on mucus

Allstoppedup Wed 29-Apr-15 15:12:45

emma I have PCOS and only had one period in the year I conceived my DS. I had no idea if/when I was ovulating.

DS is 16 months now and I'm 17 weeks pregnant with number 2, again, I haven't had a period since DS was born.

This time bought OPKs just so I had an idea of when I was ovulating but needed up giving up on them and DP and I just DTD every other day.

Obviously its not always that simple but I just wanted to give you some hope, particularly as you seem to have some pattern/regular ovulation going on! grin

Good luck.

KatoPotato Wed 29-Apr-15 15:13:19

When I was ttc I tracked with ov sticks - in fact I can post you loads of the cheapies for free! I found out I only had a 9 day luteal phase so started taking vit b6. Got my bfp that month!

Grantaire Wed 29-Apr-15 15:14:28

If you have a history of erratic, irregular periods, a short luteal phase with long cycles, regular spotting and have had abnormal hormone levels in the past, I'd go and see the GP. I wouldn't bother messing about with assessing whether you're ovulating at home. It might all be okay. It might be less than optimum and easily fixed. It might be more complicated.

The way to know all of this is to go back and explain the history, your current cycle including all info you have about spotting, length of cycle, suspected ovulation time etc and let them do some basic tests.

emmabryant71 Wed 29-Apr-15 17:07:42

My periods before the nine months I lost them where also regular just heavier ( soaking the bed sheets ) etc. Also very painful. I started at age ten and that's how they where until I was nineteen when I lost them for nine months due to low lh/fsh level . Then they came back now their not painful except slight cramping before period and on first day. A regular flow for two days but then slows down a lot and no flow at night.
I do have regular, 43 day cycles though which I suppose is a good sign.
This time however I had cm Monday and yesterday visible in under wear. Today none. Last cycle I had visible cm for six days and lots of it is it normal for cm quantity to vary each month. Only difference this month is we had sex Monday so could it be something to do with thaT?
I haven't tracked my cm before last month so don't really know what's normal for me.

VioletIbiza88 Wed 29-Apr-15 18:27:06

Kato I hope I'll have your luck. My luteal phase was 6 days last month, this is my first month taking B6.

emmabryant71 Thu 30-Apr-15 07:23:39

Off to the GP's today.
Doubt they'll do much as not been a year yet

VioletIbiza88 Sat 02-May-15 20:03:56

HOw did you get on?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now