Ttc over a year and losing hope

(19 Posts)
Domr81 Sun 26-Apr-15 22:07:10

First time ttc and now at nearly 14 months with no joy. Started tests with gp but just wondering if anyone else was in similar situation? Just feel like it is never going to happen.

Vap0 Sun 26-Apr-15 22:15:40

Hi
I'm 19 months in ttc
Have you been checking if you are ovulating?
I wasn't (depo messed me up).
I finally ovulated this month for the 1st time grin with a little help from soy.
I'm waiting for my clomid appointment next month.
I would suggest that whenever they give you an appointment give them a call and try to bring it forward.
So much waiting around.
Good luck to you smile

forcookssake Sun 26-Apr-15 22:32:06

It's horrible, isn't it. I'm up to two and half years ttc so far whilst friends and colleagues have been pregnant and some of those dc are now toddlers.
It's life and it's unfair.

Domr81 Sun 26-Apr-15 22:41:25

Got my day 21 blood test on tuesday to check for ovulation and hubby getting checked in couple of weeks - told cannot get referral till 18 months to clinic but gp can do these basic tests now. Its crap isnt it! Really feel for you forcooksake - how are you doing? Vap0 - keeping fingers crossed for you!

Vap0 Sun 26-Apr-15 22:53:42

Get some opk's too, they will help you pinpoint things.
I'm addicted to them
Are you temping?
I don't but it sounds a pretty reliable method
You're certainly not alone on here, lots of frustrated ladies ttc...
Good luck with your tests smile

heyarnold19 Mon 27-Apr-15 10:09:12

Hi Domr81, I'm in exact same position. Just started cycle 14 and have just got the ball rolling with tests. I've had day 21 blood, have day 5 blood tomorrow and have an ultra sound in a few weeks. DH is also due to have a test in a week or so. I find that it goes in waves - I get really down the week before AF (I can generally tell for a week or so before when it is on its way) but then I pick myself back up again and try to feel positive for the start of the next month.

You're not alone in this, the more I read on these forums the more I realise that there are so many of us in the same situation. It will happen - I just wish I knew when! Good luck all of you smile

mrschatty Mon 27-Apr-15 21:29:53

Hay OP!
19m ttc.
Started investigations husband sperm came back great my bloods all normal completed our forms for clinic waiting on letter for appointment!!!
You're not alone my girl x good luck x

Domr81 Wed 29-Apr-15 13:10:45

Sending lots of good thoughts your way mrschatty and heyarnold19. Def glad i signed up to this as makes you feel like you are not going insane and good to be able to share with people in same position. Got my 21 day sample taken yesterday and proceeded to burst into tears when i got home but like you said mrschatty i just picked myself back up again today. Need to stay positive and glad there are people on here to keep everyone feeling good.

mrschatty Wed 29-Apr-15 18:25:11

Good on ye dorm! We're all here to share!! It's a long journey but her I'm not giving up! Could still happen between now and getting a referral I like to think xxx

Foosterino Wed 29-Apr-15 19:39:01

You're definitely not alone, though it can feel like it is a lonely place.

I've been TTC for 16 months, all tests fine. Been to fertility clinic on Tuesday which was hard not cry but everyone was lovely. Next stop for a HSG and been told just need to keep going, AF in coming which is great smile

Staying positive is really hard, I teach Child Development, had to teach about infertility tests which was awful. Knew lots though ha ha

Foo
xx

heyarnold19 Thu 30-Apr-15 13:45:23

It would be good to hear how you all get on. As everyone has said, it can get a bit lonely and while DH is amazing, its not the same as talking to other women about it and none of my friends are in the same situation so dont really feel comfortable talking to them about it.

Keep in touch everyone and positive thoughts to you all x x x

bonzo77 Thu 30-Apr-15 13:53:46

If it's any consolation it took us 13 months and a miscarriage to get pregnant with DS2. And around 21 months for DS3. We had all the basic tests (bloods, sperm, ultrasound) while trying for DS3. All was totally normal and I concieved whilst ill with a bad cold, cellulitis and on antibiotics!

Domr81 Sat 02-May-15 16:40:23

Got my day 21 results back yesterday and progesterone was 3.7 so not good at all. Keeping it together just now until speak with gp on tues on where we go now. I have a regular cycle so hope its just a blip but if not at least we might know what is going on. Def want to keep in touch with everyone as same as most i cannot fully discuss this with my best friends as they both got pregnant by accident and then ons had her second and fell pregnant in first month. They have both been on at me to say we had been trying longer but dont think they fully understand how horrible it feels and that others have been trying longer than me and deserve help first. Trying to keep the positive thoughts going and this website and you brilliant people will help. Sending lots of positive wishes to you all. X

Snowqueen2014 Wed 06-May-15 20:57:34

Hi we are 20 month Ttc I had blood work done and think I may have an overactive thyroid and husband goes in three weeks just so hard all you do is wait and everyone else is having babies who knew it would be so hard

Bin85 Wed 06-May-15 21:08:50

Hi OP ,
I was you many years ago when it was far harder to get information
I remember going to a neighbour's house for the first time and bursting into tears when she told me she was pregnant, secretly buying baby magazines etc
I did get pregnant ( 14th month) but be warned conceiving DC2 and DC3 was no trouble at all!!
Best of luck

heyarnold19 Fri 15-May-15 12:34:11

Hi all, just dropping into see how everyone is doing. I've been for my ultrasound today and although I havent got the full results (have to wait 10 days for them to go to GP) I was told that everything looks normal. I havent had my blood test results yet but I'm pretty sure I am ovulating as have been temping and it all looks like it should. I'm feeling a bit weird about this as on the one hand its great that nothing appears to be wrong but on the other, if nothing is wrong then why am I not getting pregnant!

My DH hasnt had his analysis yet so I suppose there could be an issue there - will just have to wait and see. This is just sooo frustrating. I'm pretty sure AF is on its way next week so then we'll be on to month 15.

How's everyone else doing? Would be good to hear any updates x

wonkylegs Sat 16-May-15 02:36:08

Having a shit TTC journey,
Was TTC for 2yrs, started tests with GP & fell pregnant last year whilst waiting for results, miscarried at 15weeks at Christmas, been TTC ever since, thought this month was it thanks to symptoms but AF turned up tonight... I feel so gutted.
I have to make a decision soon on whether or not we keep trying as it is affecting my health as I can't take my meds for a long term health condition whilst trying and I'm not sure how much longer I can cope.
Can't sleep, I feel so awful about this -don't know if it's because I would have been due soon and they whole thing is getting to me more than usual

LadyCybilCrawley Sat 16-May-15 02:41:19

We tried for 4 years - went to doctor - had tests - told we wouldn't conceive - went on ivf waiting list - and then found out 4 months pregnant - told it was a miracle and never happen again .... and very quickly had no 2 close after no 1 ...

For some things there is no rhyme nor reason not making sense of it

Vap0 Sat 16-May-15 08:40:40

wonky so sorry to hear you have had such a difficult time ttc.
Wish you all the luck it happens soon for you.
Have you been back to the dr? Can they do anything to help you?
lady that does sound like a miracle! I'm only in month 20 ttc and really hoping we get caught soon although after all this heart ache and waiting I think we will try for no 2 ASAP after no 1.
Update from my appointment... I stupidly told the doc I took soy and ovulated and so he is now refusing to give me clomid until I have had another 3 months of not ovulating. I wasn't going to say anything but dp really pushed me to. So I have my next letter through which will be another 4 cycles away. I'm going to phone and see if a can bring it forward to 3 cycles, which is what he said.
In the mean time I'm just crossing every finger and toe that I ovulate naturally this month (if I do then it means the dreaded depo has probably left my system finally).
If no natural ovulation I then need to decide if we go privately for next month or if I go back to the soy and go with the original plan of keeping my mouth shut when I go back in to see him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now