September bus - for everyone aiming for a BFP next month!

(976 Posts)
SunbathingCat Wed 06-Aug-14 11:32:57

Having realised I am not going to make the August bus because DH is away next week, which is typically when I ovulate, I need something to focus on to prevent myself from going too insane! smile

Here is hoping we all get a BFP before the end of September and I will put together our stats when more of us are ready.

SunbathingCat, Age 35, TTC #1, Cycle 4 (following mmc in May) BFP due around 25 September.

Aprilray Wed 06-Aug-14 12:11:29

I will join you Sunbathing, I was actually thinking this morning that it was time for a September bus so thanks for starting one smile

My DH was away during the time I ovulated - sucks! - and even though we DTD as soon as he got back I'm pretty sure it was too late....

We are taking this cycle very seriously and have both booked the week of ovulation off - come on May baby!!

Aprilray, 33, TTC #1, Cycle 9, BFP due around 13 September.

SunbathingCat Wed 06-Aug-14 12:18:55

Hi April and welcome. Sounds like we are in a similar situation, but I hadn't thought of taking my ovulation week off. However, now you mention it, that sounds like a really good idea. smile I can just see myself in work telling people I have a week off and them asking me what my plans are!! grin

Dontgotosleep Wed 06-Aug-14 13:39:08

Can I join. A.f here at the moment, but going to get back to it as soon as she's left. Flooded at the moment and feeling sorry for myself.
April me and D.P have already booked a week off in September. I googled my fertile calender for the next few months.... We are taking this very seriously as well. It would be ironic if I got my BF.P in the meantime.
My stats. I have an angel due to have been here in 1998
A gorgeous d.d 15
I suffered a c.p last year (another angel) due to be here in June 1014

Aprilray Wed 06-Aug-14 13:45:49

Ha ha - the official story is we are having a staycation and doing DIY but really it is a sexcation!!! I like to have a new tactic to try each cycle, when we initially discussed the possibility of taking a week off I didn't think we would need to but hoping the relaxation helps.

How long is your DH away for? Hopefully if you DTD before he goes and when he gets back you will be in with a chance. It is hard when you know you have missed the vital days though.....this feels like a wasted month but I am going to catch up with friends over the weekend and at least I will be able to enjoy a few drinks without feeling too guilty!

scottishbride Wed 06-Aug-14 13:57:20

Hello!
Please can I join the bus?

April, you welcomed me onto the July bus and despite some great EWCM following the pink grapefruit advice, AF has been and gone once in July and is back again yesterday.

My stats are scottishbride 33, TTC 1, cycle 5, BFP due 2nd Sep

I think I may have had CP last cycle but I didnt allow myself to test despite nausea, MASSIVE veins on my breasts and abdomen, then AF came yesterday, Day 28 and was full of clots and I flooded at work, sorry tmi, but now just seems like AF. Im not tracking ovulation this month, maybe next month.

Good luck with staycation! We were on holiday for July ovulation and DTD everyday - was really positive this month but not too be. Still hoping ovulation this month will be over a weekend so we get a good go!

Thanks for setting this up SunbathingCat, and lots of luck to all of us xx

scottishbride Wed 06-Aug-14 14:19:58

OMG, really sorry, just realised that last post sounded really negative about DTD holidays!! Not what I meant at all!! If I could do it every month I could! Must be best way to guarantee the little swimmers are there at the right time!!

Pikz Wed 06-Aug-14 14:57:36

Think I need to jump aboard CD33 and BFN just awaiting AF now as no chance even if I had late ov as DH was out of the country

Pikz ttc#2 cycle 9 bfp due early sept

SunbathingCat Wed 06-Aug-14 15:54:24

Hello and welcome Dontgotosleep, Scottishbride and Pikz! smile

Sorry AF has got us all, or else DH has been unavailable. I have a week's leave to take before the end of the summer and then my quota starts again, so I am going to book a few sexcations if I don't get a BFP by the end of September.

I am due to ovulate next Tuesday or Wednesday and DH is away from Sunday, so it is possible, but I have decided to work on the basis that it won't happen in August, so am concentrating on September.

Good luck to everyone and let's enjoy wine whilst we still can. grin

Aprilray Wed 06-Aug-14 19:03:39

I remember Scottishbride my husband is Scottish and I was recently a bride so your name stood out. I had a cycle like that on my second cycle, it was much earlier than usual too, really freaked me out! Don't worry, it didn't sound negative! I am trying not to get my hopes up just in case, will be nice to have a week off anyway.

Sounds like a good plan Sunbathing to be honest, it has been quite nice having a little break once I got over the disappointment. Will be raring to go once I get AF out of the way.

Hi Pikz and Dontgotosleep!

Pikz Wed 06-Aug-14 20:49:48

AF here. Definitely on the bus!

Hi everyone!

Hoping for cd14-17 ov so DH and I are in the same country

SunbathingCat Wed 06-Aug-14 20:56:42

Sorry to hear that Pikz. Surely this bus has to be the magic one with loads of baby dust for us all!

Dontgotosleep Wed 06-Aug-14 21:12:46

Hi Sunbathing and April. Thankyou for welcoming me to the thread. Aww sorry the evil witch showed up, pikz. I'll keep my FX that ovulation occurs on day 14-17 for you.

lp2014 Wed 06-Aug-14 21:48:41

Hello! Jumping aboard following the start of my period today. Hiya to those in know from other buses!!

Stats are

LP, age 28, ttc number 1, bfp due 3rd september

Dontgotosleep Wed 06-Aug-14 22:01:19

My B.F.P will be due on 1st Sept.

Frolicacid Wed 06-Aug-14 22:09:29

Can I join? AF not due till 16th of this month; but I only had my copper coil out last Friday so a BFP is unlikely. Hopefully September will be our month.

Frolicacid age 34 ttc#1 first cycle

Coralcolour Thu 07-Aug-14 08:45:27

Hi can I join the September bus please, as now I have proper stats I think my BFP will be due early Sept.

So I'm now on CD7 and AF is still here plus I've just finished the course of clomid and it has made me feel awful hmm

Hoping all will calm down now though!

Coralcolour-CD7. BFP due approx 4th Sept

SunbathingCat Thu 07-Aug-14 10:16:54

Hi Ip2014, sorry you had to leave the August bus but welcome here.

And hello and welcome to Frolicacid and Coralcolour. Sorry to hear you are feeling awful Coral but FX this is our lucky bus that makes it worthwhile.

Ameilius Thu 07-Aug-14 11:05:59

Can I join too please?!

Came off the pill in the middle of May but have very long cycles of about 50days! (Not sure if that's too long to be even considered a 'regular' cycle). Started temping but the main plan is just to DTD lots and lots and lots and see if that works! smile Probably will be ov on the 18th so awaiting a BFP in the beginning of Sep.. Fingers crossed..

Ameilius age 27, TTC#1, cycle 3

lp2014 Thu 07-Aug-14 13:51:56

Thanks sunbathingcat. Hopefully this will be a great bus for us xx

Coralcolour Thu 07-Aug-14 14:40:17

Thanks sunbathing cat smile
Let's hope this is a lucky bus with lots of BFP as I don't want to go through another week like that!

Treaclepie19 Thu 07-Aug-14 16:03:20

Hi ladies, af came today. Not sure yet if we are trying this month or if we're having a break but thought I'd say hi while I wait!
Hope all are ok x

scottishbride Thu 07-Aug-14 16:59:57

Ha ha April, I'll let you into a secret, I'm not Scottish either, but my DH is too! And we are recently married hence the bride! I've got my fingers a little bit crossed for you this month, you never know what your body might do and having less pressure this month with dh being away may have caused your egg to move very slowly! Hope so!

Hello other fellow bus passengers, a lot of TTC#1s which is very exciting! A few others from July bus too! Hi lp and treacle!
Hope everyone with af is having an ok time, I'm looking forward to some wine at the weekend to wish it farewell again!

Alwayswaiting Thu 07-Aug-14 17:24:50

Can I join too. Had a mc this month, at 6 weeks, it's the second mc I've had, but don't feel as affected as the first mc, oddly. I have one DS, 2.10, and we really want a brother or sister for him, so back on the bus! Am going against advice of waiting for one cycle before trying, they only say this because of dating, so going to get back on it. Hope we all get some positives in September.

Treaclepie19 Thu 07-Aug-14 18:54:27

Hi Scottish smile

So sorry for your losses always. I had a mc in April and still feeling it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now