GETTING PREGNANT AND WHAT I NEED TO KNOW

(205 Posts)
Jael123 Thu 12-Jun-14 13:08:28

I'm 18, just recently turned 18. I'm trying for a baby with my boyfriend, we have been planning this all for the last 6 months, this really is what we want, we have a good income (we don't currently have any benefits and we plan to not rely on them)I came off my mini pill 1 week ago, I'm having heavy bleeding now, I presume this is my period.what do I need to know, what's important. I've googled and googled but I want really advice. How long do you think it will take for me to fall pregnant etc?

Anything would help, thankyou!

slightlyconfused85 Sun 15-Jun-14 19:38:53

That is a good point chicken! I am very glad I had dd when I did and am in fact planning my second soon with any luck, but I am glad I wasn't much younger. People I know who have had babies between 18 and 21 are still desperately trying to party in a way they didn't have a chance to when everyone else was. not the case for everyone I know but I think 18 is really young to plan a baby.

Littledollylolly Thu 19-Jun-14 14:54:05

Hey guys, Jael123 here- changed my name. I'm not going to say thankyou because I do feel a lot of you were un-necessarily rude. But I just thought I would let you all know I've spoken with my boyfriend about this all and we have decided that I'm going to take up my uni offer, (in London though) so that my boyfriend can work, we are going to find a place in London, we have also further talked about America, so we have booked a 3 week holiday out to America for September and we are going to see how we like it out there, look into jobs, housing prices etc. And then once I finish uni (in 3 years) we are going to take a month holiday out there to start looking for a job. Then hopefully move out there. When we are settled etc, we will then start trying for a baby. So yeahsmile

Well done - you have made a very sensible decision. I hope you have a great time at university, and in America!

Sallyingforth Thu 19-Jun-14 15:01:14

Good news. Well done!

Singsongmama Thu 19-Jun-14 15:23:18

Thanks for updating! That all sounds really exciting - that sounds like a mature plan wink. Good luck to you both - have a great time stateside!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now