after depo

(8 Posts)
janesxx Sat 07-Jun-14 00:14:53

ive had 2 shots of the depo injection and it runns out 11th June, ive heard it can take around a year to become pregnant so when I come off I want to get my hormone levels checked, may sound dumb as hell but how do doctors actually check your hormone levels.. grin

Lioninthesun Sat 07-Jun-14 00:19:58

Blood test. FWIW I was just over 4 months off it when I conceived DD. HTH.

janesxx Sat 07-Jun-14 00:26:14

oh that's not long at all! your comment has given me confidence

Lioninthesun Sat 07-Jun-14 00:44:02

I'd give it 6 months and then get bloods if no joy or you are worried. I don't know if they will do them before then (vague memories of how long they told me it would take to clear system being 6 months...). Good luck OP!

mswibble Sat 07-Jun-14 00:54:32

My last injection was in December. Had a two year break whilst on Implanon but basically didnt have a true period for over 10 year. Ive had what im hoping was my first true period last month. Im apprehensive what I will get this month. Some ppl report they're fine once they start, cycle back in place. Others have one period, then nothing for 4-5months. :/

mswibble Sat 07-Jun-14 11:28:25

Oh how fab. Finished last Friday. Back on again today. Goody. shock

xBlueberry88x Sat 07-Jun-14 12:25:49

I was on the depo for 10 years, it took 6 months for periods to return and im still trying for a baby now 2 years off depo and 15 months of trying for a baby.

They wouldnt test my hormones until we had been trying for a year so good luck getting the tests I hope they are nicer to you.

littleluna89 Fri 13-Jun-14 23:36:00

I had 3 shots of the repo, was due another in feb but went on the pill instead, have finally convinced DH that we should start trying, so we may be seeing a lot of each other janesxx!

I didn't even think about blood tests, I have gone on agnus castus at the recommendation of one of the H&B staff though, and as she was heavily pregnant having taken it herself I figured she was a fairly reliable source :P

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now