How to cope with horrendous broodiness while waiting to ttc??

(21 Posts)
BitchPeas Wed 04-Jun-14 23:09:01

I've turned into a hormonal misery hmm

We are planning on starting to TTC in October. It's not practical before then due to work trips abroad etc.

I have a plan, 3 months vitamins, losing a stone, eating healthily before then etc etc.

Everyone around me is either heavily pregnant or has a new born and the green eyed hormonal monster is raging in my brain sad

I'm driving DP to distraction, he's been very understanding but even I can see it's wearing a bit thin!!

On top of this I have suffered from anxiety issues in the past and the last time I was pregnant I had to have a TFMR. So my mind is in overdrive with negative thoughts of something being wrong with the baby again, losing the baby, or not being able to get pregnant at all due to scar tissue (I had an infection after TFMR and was treated sharpish with antibiotics so I don't even know if this would happen??) I had an ultrasound about 6 months after TFMR and gynae said everything looks good. And I have regular periods etc.

I also have DS aged 6 who is deperate for a sibling. Which doesn't help sad

So how do I enjoy these next 5 months?? I'm really struggling to even raise a smile at the moment even though i know how ridiculous I'm being!!

PossumPoo Thu 05-Jun-14 12:55:14

No idea sorry but I do get it. We are ttc no.2 also and I am struggling with broodiness but DH has kindly pointed out that I cant keep going on about it and he's right!

My problems is though I wouldn't be able to wait until October, regardless of whether it was practical or not! but I'm getting on in years so no time to wait

I'm sorry to hear about your TFMR, not the same I know, but I had a mc in January so like you sometimes I get a bit down thinking it's not just about getting pregnant but the rest of the pregnancy also.

I hope the next 4 months fly-by for you smile

BitchPeas Thu 05-Jun-14 22:15:18

Thanks Possum it's nice to know someone understands.

It is a very strange place to be in as no one I know in real life is anywhere near the same position!

Just need to keep myself very very busy and drunk grin

PossumPoo Thu 05-Jun-14 22:20:58

AF arrived today so I am now glugging drinking a big glass of red wine.

I definitely understand smile

Siarie Fri 06-Jun-14 12:59:46

I know what you mean, I've been waiting about three months. To be honest I didn't really notice the first couple of months after we had the TTC chat, time just ticked along nicely. Now that I'm on my last pack of pills it's really kicked in, I suppose my next goal is this so as normal I start focusing on what I'll need to meet it.

I have 24 more days to wait, this is how I'm currently coping with that count down:

1. I can drink alcohol, which is AMAZING as right now we are really into our champagne and cocktails plus the weather here is getting better so it's great to wine and dine.

2. Think of all the prep time you have, by planning ahead you can get fit and take vitamins which will help when the time comes later on. I've really enjoyed reading this blog (http://prebabyblog.com/category/pregnancy-pregnant/pre-conception/) she has some great things when it comes to pre conception.

3. Everyone has those what if thoughts - Literally everyone, it makes you want to start ASAP in case you can't later right? Honestly what will be will be, I'm sure you'll be just fine and by spending the next few months making the best of your body and health the better chance you will have later.

So I guess just enjoy the time you have with just your family unit at the moment, because soon that will be changing smile

WiIdfire Sat 07-Jun-14 10:34:43

Hey Peas,
I'll come and join you if I may. I have to wait for 3 months to ttc after Methotrexate for ectopic, so September. It seems like a lifetime away, a whole summer, no idea how to stop myself going crazy.
Only solution I have so far is to buy a theme park pass for the summer - hadnt bought one earlier as had hoped to be pregnant but now...
Gah! So looong!

Flowerfae Sat 07-Jun-14 11:54:56

I'm the same, we are going to start TTC early next year, i've been really broody for over a year already but didn't say anything to DH, he said no at first so I didn't mention it after that.. but he has now thought about it and has said yes but its not practical for us until next year.

I also have put on a lot of weight and want to lose about 2 stone before TTC. I admit i am driving myself mental and probably driving DH mental too although he hasn't said so smile

BitchPeas Sat 07-Jun-14 16:35:35

I'm so glad there are people in the same boat!
Sorry it's frustrating though! I'm not glad you have to go through that!

I've lost 3 pounds this week so I'm delighted with that, am joining the gym on Thursday and preparing for Glastonbury smile but I'm working nights, so sitting alone for 8 hours overnight with baby on the brain is driving me mad!

I'm also trying to get in the habit of taking my folic acid (10x rda on prescription due to TFMR) and my pregnacare conception tablets, but still miss odd days! Have to remember to remind DP to take his as well.

I've started to write down all my fears about rocking pregnant and something terrible happening again, so that is helping a little bit as I can see, when it's written down in black and white, that I am catastrophising somewhat.

Sorry about AF possum enjoy wine for the next two weeks and fingers crossed for next month flowers

weechops Sat 07-Jun-14 18:06:49

Hey everyone. This thread seems to have come at the right time for me too, so thank you for starting it BitchPeas. I'm so sorry about your tfmr. Positive thoughts coming your way for a lovely healthy bean when the time is right smile

Well I'm similar to Flowerfae in that we won't be ttc until next year, probably summertime. So I would love to chat about all things baby and ttc related to keep from bursting with broodiness!

I already have a dd(7) ds1(3) and ds2(6 months) The bfp bus threads were a lifesaver when I was ttc ds2 as it took 10 months. Made some lovely friends there and hopefully do the same again this time round smile

So if you don't mind a long term lurker for a bit I'd like to cheer you all on to your bfp's til it's my turn smile

Boosk Sat 07-Jun-14 19:01:52

Thanks for the thread BitchPeas, sorry about your tfmr.

My dp and I had one unsuccessful attempt at ttc in December before he had surgery on Christmas Eve. I enjoyed the ttc bus thread but have been kicking my heels by the curb with nowhere to go since then so thanks for this new thread.

We are now waiting for dp to finish his six months of chemo so I understand your frustration. He finishes in July but will need a few months to get the chemo out of his system so think it'll be September/October before we can try again.

Until then, I'll happily keep you company until the October bus arrives.

xx

Tranquilitybaby Sun 08-Jun-14 00:33:52

I feel your pain, I'm 6 weeks post surgery after suffering an ectopic pregnancy.

We've got to wait until the end of July to try again and the wait feel so long.

X

angelaham Sun 08-Jun-14 12:19:01

Hi everyone, this is our first month ttc, i'm so excited, been waiting so long for the 'right time', don't think there is ever a right time, i am 34 so time is ticking, iv been so broody for years, i am trying not to get to excited but i cant help it, one of my friends had her baby this week and she is just adorable , good luck everyone

Boosk Sun 08-Jun-14 18:01:55

Sorry to hear about your ectopic pregnancy tranquility fingers crossed that the next couple of months whizz by for you.

I'll be biding my time with work and getting fit again smile

BitchPeas Sun 08-Jun-14 23:28:25

Hi weechops long term lurkers are more than welcome smile I hope the next year flies by for you.

Sorry to hear about your husband boosk fingers crossed for you both. We should be starting to ttc at the same time so we can count down together. I'm starting to get fit too. Joining the gym on Thursday, swimming and long walks do help to ease my anxiety and they will be easy to keep up when/if I get my bfp.

I'm sorry tranquility I really hope the next few weeks fly by for you and you get your bfp ASAP.

BitchPeas Sun 08-Jun-14 23:28:53

Good luck angel smile

sheandlifex Mon 09-Jun-14 16:41:27

Hi everyone! We're not TTC for a year so we can sort out our home, get DD1 (almost 6) & DD2 (3 and a half) settled into school & nursery in September, lose weight, quit smoking and be a bit better generally, especially financially.

I've been horrendously broody for two years. Crying in toilets and begging DP to reconsider his decision for no more (he did - yesterday!) and now it still doesn't feel quite real so I'm still in that phase of look but can't have.

Boosk Mon 09-Jun-14 18:59:45

Thanks BitchPeas since we decided in December it's all I can think about. The chemo was a major disappointment and selfishly I was worried about the delay in ttc. Fortunately dp is coping really well with it all and is going for session 6 of 8 tomorrow so we are getting there. smile

sheandlifex Mon 09-Jun-14 20:28:55

I hope you're well, Boosk December still feels like an age away for me but I bet it's worse for you waiting. I'm having Implanon taken out in December/January and using condoms after for a few cycles so I know they're back to normal as right now I only get slight spotting at random pints per month.

weechops Tue 10-Jun-14 16:03:24

Boosk hope everything went ok today for your dh

Sheandlifex looks like you and I are on the same kind of timescale. I'm just putting the baby bouncer back in the loft today as ds2 is now sitting on his own, albeit a bit wobbly smile so so broody!!

Angelaham it is so exciting ttc! I'll wave some pompoms for you smile

Tranquilitybaby I'm so sorry about your loss. Hopefully you're on the mend and you get your longed for bfp when the time is right.

Boosk Tue 10-Jun-14 21:52:21

Thanks ladies, all fine today. He's been so lucky not to suffer too badly with symptoms.

I've decided to start busying myself with learning about charting my cycle. When we were ttc in December I was THE worst symptom spotter so I'm hoping to try and get a better idea of what's going on and when. I've never been particularly 'in tune' with everything so I'm hoping it'll help later on.

Has anyone else got experience of charting? Any tips?

Siarie Wed 25-Jun-14 10:25:20

Six more pills to go! This is infuriating! Must keep busy with house work and reading.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now