Advice about pain cd 12

(12 Posts)
Ajords1 Fri 13-Jun-14 19:48:17

So an update ........... Today the pain reached a hiatus. I phone my doctor but no appointments until 20th June, real pain has eased slightly, it comes and goes but when it comes it gets really uncomfortable!

Given my last period started may 22nd and hubby has been away since June 2nd would that window have been too early to have caught? And if it we were lucky is there any chance I could be experiencing implantation?

RawCoconutMacaroon Wed 11-Jun-14 13:01:06

I'm not 100% sure but I think that paracetamol is ok, as it was the anti inflammatory ones like ibuprofen and aspirin that were mentioned in the info I read... I just ended up not taking anything for the pain while ttc.

If there is a risk that you might be preg, please test or seek medical advice, just in case, to check it's not an ectopic pregnancy, better safe than sorry! Hopefully you are just brewing up a lovely egg or two smile.

Ajords1 Wed 11-Jun-14 11:48:00

Thanks ladies - and that is really interesting about the pain killers - I did think twice about taking it and was looking for paracetamol but that was all I had (paracetamol is ok isn't it?)

Not 100% sure re pregnancy as last period started 22nd may but hubby went away for work on June 2nd so unless I ov'd early I doubt this is our month.

Today I just feel super swollen an miserable!!hmm

If next period is due between 19-21st June I think it's too early to be pre AF symptoms - I wondered about uti or a cyst - may be off to docs at some point

RawCoconutMacaroon Wed 11-Jun-14 09:47:42

And the painkillers may delay ovulation for a number of days rather than stop it altogether.

You are roughly cd day 19? Was your LMP normal (ie you are 100% not preg/any possibility of ectopic???).

RawCoconutMacaroon Wed 11-Jun-14 09:41:22

You can get several follicles developing even though only one will usually rupture to release an egg. Some people get a lot of pain from that (I'd get 4or 5 days of increasing discomfort then stabbing pains then it would resolve). Walking could be really quite sore, would get a pain each time I put my foot on the ground.

This is really important! If you are TTC, do not take ibuprofen or similar pain killers at this time of the month. They can cause something called leutenized un-ruptured follicle syndrome. If you take then just before the follicle ruptures, it can stop the breakdown of the follicle wall, so the egg doesn't get released. Look it up on line (there is a lack of knowledge about this amongst medical/midwife workers). This may be a significant cause of delay in getting a BFP!
I was amazed and angry when I found out this info- I probably wasted many many cycles ttc that way (all worked ok in the end smile).,

I mean 'active' in terms of proper menstrual cycles, not DTD!!

Once I came off the pill (Im 27, on 2nd cycle of TTC #1) I started noticing all kinds of cramps & twinges - especially for the days around (what Im assuming is) ovulation & starting up much earlier leading up to my period. They're not bad enough to take pain relief, but if like me you were on the pill before TTC could be we're just not used to things being so active down there?!

Ajords1 Wed 11-Jun-14 07:38:42

Hi guys I added a new thread, but now having constant discomfort for the past 4/5 days- any ideas? Had to take some pain relief last night so I could sleep and woken up this morning and it's still there sad

Ajords1 Wed 04-Jun-14 22:32:20

Thanks guys - still uncomfy today!! No idea......will watch this space - thanks again smile

1moretime Wed 04-Jun-14 20:18:19

Early Ovulation ? smile

Sighing Wed 04-Jun-14 17:31:06

Ovulation is a possibility.
But if you DtD Sunday you could still be in with a chance. (4/5 days they survive for).

Ajords1 Tue 03-Jun-14 22:38:39

Hi everyone,
29 and ttc#1 - last period started 22nd may so now is cd12/13. Y/day I felt really uncomfortable and conscious of my lower tummy, today I've been having sharp /cramp feelings each side of my pelvis! Hubby is away and although we were regularly DTD until he went away on Sunday can anyone tell me what this pain is likely to be?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now