TTC #1 for 18 months at wits end :-(

(21 Posts)
IneedaBFP Mon 02-Jun-14 20:56:42

Hi I've been TTC for 18 months now and have never had a BFP! I feel so low and depressed, no one (apart from on here)knows what its like. It's got to the stage now where no one even asks how I'm doing. I'd love to talk to someone else going through the same thing!! brew

Butler4 Mon 02-Jun-14 21:07:58

I hear you loud and clear! Same here, family don't know and only 2 friends know but every month is hard going.

I am really calm about it these days and don't think much about it apart from that wee small window(right now) just when I know af is on it's way in a few days!

Sorry im not much help but sometimes nice to know you are not alone. Hope you are ok

strawberry2014 Mon 02-Jun-14 21:09:55

I am in the same boat . And it's been 2 years TTC with no luck so far. To honest I prefer if none knows what I am going though because I don't want to have to answer questions all the time . It's sad , depressing but we can't give up.

IneedaBFP Mon 02-Jun-14 21:17:03

Hello butler4 it's just so hard sometimes my friends just fell pregnant weren't even trying!! I've just had a friend not a close one announce her pregnancy on Facebook, we where comparing notes on TTC! The thing is she was only trying for about 6 months sad so I've been messaging her today and she doesn't seem that bothered! Maybe she just saving my feelings I dunno but I'd be jumping for joy if it was me! What's you story then? And yes you have been helpful it's nice to hear kind words other than it will happen when it's ready angry

Yes I know what you mean that little bit of hope Good luck for a BFP!!! Yes I'm ok thank you!

IneedaBFP Mon 02-Jun-14 21:21:27

Hi Strawberry! It is awful well everyone knows I'm TTC I just mean they don't know what I'm going through sad. Yes we can't give up you're right although it so hard not to cry when I hear someone else is pregnant sad

What have you lovely ladies tried so far? If you don't mind me asking that is lol smile

strawberry2014 Mon 02-Jun-14 21:25:25

I am I the only one that keeps seeing pregnant women wverywhere and babys all the time . It's like they are following me . I know how diffucult it is that why I told very few people . It's hurts when they keep on asking.i heard success stories on the fertility monitor. A bit pricey

IneedaBFP Mon 02-Jun-14 21:35:38

Yes that's how I feel, as if there saying look what you can't have! I am hearing so many pregnancy announcements in the office ATM it's getting me down! I know some are like yourself and choose to keep it there business which is totally good but I know some of them just forgot to take a pill know what I mean angry. Yeah my family don't ask now prob cuz I give a horrible answer I don't mean too, but it's how I feel sad

Well I gave in and bought one smile using it for the first time I've had nothing but highs for 10 days now so that's annoying! I suppose I should be using that as a bit of hope but I don't want to start testing for pregnancy again each month I've just been waiting to see if AF turns up lol.

Butler4 Mon 02-Jun-14 21:38:54

Hi to you both. Oh god in the last year alone I have heard of numerous accidental pregnancies, one who got pg straight away and my own brother who thinks his friends took ages to conceive cos it took them 6 months! Sometimes it's so hard that people don't know Cos they say stupid things!

In one day at the shops I actually saw 4 very pg women in less than 3mins! Had to laugh in the end!

Been ttc #1 for 18 months had all tests except hsg, just waiting on that when af turns up. All results normal so far. I have a brown/pink spotting anything from 3-7 days b4 af due so always know it's coming and those are my bad days! Boo

Sorry to bore you, what's your story?

strawberry2014 Mon 02-Jun-14 21:44:14

I had all tests done all came normal. I always get depressed when I start getting cramps then u know what comes next. My two sister Inlaws got pregnant accidentally . What am i doing wrong !!! At work there is someone always pregnant every year ...when is it my turn to be happier ?!

IneedaBFP Mon 02-Jun-14 21:53:54

Awwwww bless yes I know what you mean! My brother and his gf got pregnant about 5 months after trying had mc sad then pregnant again few months later! Twice in one year so not fair sad I had to go to the hospital for a scan just to check everything and that was sooooo hard seeing all them pregnant women waiting to see there babies sad I was fine until a pregnant teen came in and was complaining about being pregnant then I cried in front of everyone so embarrassing!

Yes they are the days when it's the hardest!

You're not boring!smile I'm trying the new clear blue monitor butler4 I'll try anything ATM!!

IneedaBFP Mon 02-Jun-14 21:56:10

My hubby test came back with 12% mobility (which will always worry me) but doctors say it's fine! hmm

IneedaBFP Mon 02-Jun-14 22:19:04

Butler4 what is the hsg test for if you don't mind me asking? Not sure if I've had that or not lol hmm

strawberry2014 Mon 02-Jun-14 22:20:39

My sister Inlaw was the same she got pregnant 3 months after having the first baby. I try really hard not to cry in front of anyone. My mom in law finally stopped asking when is the baby coming because my hubby was getting quite annoyed . And also is hard on men too, they suffer a lot for seeing us sad . Let's do whatever it takes to have a baby.

Butler4 Mon 02-Jun-14 22:29:37

Yip to all of the above, it's so hard sometimes isn't it. I work with teenagers and had one recently who was accidentally pregnant too, that was hard going. It ended up really making her so I was so pleased for her in the end.
Strawberry my work is the same, you can't imagine how often I get asked about it too!

I don't want someone else's baby, I want ours, so most days I'm happy to keep plodding along. Just get pissed off sometimes and wish it would happen quicker.

Hsg is the red dye flushed through your Fallopian tubes to check for blockages using X-rays

IneedaBFP Mon 02-Jun-14 22:29:56

Yes that doesn't help! Yes I know what you mean, not easy tho. Yes I agree it is hard on the men too, my hubby knows it's the only thing I want in this world. Who would have thought it would be so difficult lol. Yes we should do what ever it takes!

Ohhhh it feels so good to talk about this, without hearing stop worrying about it smile

IneedaBFP Mon 02-Jun-14 22:34:52

Nope I've not had that! I've had an internal scan tho that was awkward blush

Butler4 Mon 02-Jun-14 22:41:59

Yeah I have had that as well, wasn't too bad actually. The woman decided to do my smear test first as it was due roughly the same time. So thought best get it all out the way. She tested for chlamidia and then done a blood test for measles all in the one appointment. I like people who are pro-active! Haha.

The hsg sounds a bit more intense/invasive so will see how it goes.

IneedaBFP Mon 02-Jun-14 22:48:09

Lol that was good!! Saves all the hassle of going back again. May I ask a question how often do you think is right to DTD I've been told different things by doctors such as every other day and every three days I'm so confused about what's right??

Good luck with the test I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

IneedaBFP Mon 02-Jun-14 23:06:08

Right ladies I'm off to bed hopefully talk to you tomorrow grin

Butler4 Tue 03-Jun-14 16:45:18

I don't know about dtd, we tend to try every second day b4 ov and sometimes I use opk's and do every day for a couple of days. This is sometimes stressful on h2b and I hate putting pressure on him. A few times I have just judged ewcm and had sex every second day and in ov day. Dh works away so we sometimes have a month or so when he isn't here but we are on a straight with 3-4 months when he is here at ov time.

How often do you dtd?

IneedaBFP Tue 03-Jun-14 17:09:24

Hi butler yes I know what you mean, well I'm trying not make all about baby making I do still want to enjoy DTD lol. Our aim is every 3 days though out the month, I hoping to get the hang of this monitor then when it's peak every day! It's hard to know what's best because the doctors all say different. One said we're not doing it enough the other said every other day is to much hmm.

That must be hard for you both when your hubby is away. I've also read on lots of different websites that DTD is needed in the days before ov as sperm needs to be waiting to catch the egg. It's all a science hahaha best of luck to us all!!!!! I guess it's best to go with what feels right for us, putting stress on won't help. smile

P.s I've had another high day, hurry up peak Hahaha. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now