Early ovulation after miscarriage?

(7 Posts)
tinyeyes123 Mon 02-Jun-14 16:11:37

I miscarried / chemical preg a couple of weeks ago at only 4 weeks 5 days. HPT came up negative on first day of bleeding so was all over pretty quick. Bleeding was just a like a normal period with a few more clots but nothing major. I just did an OPK for interest's sake and I came up positive. If I count from first day of bleeding I'm only on CD12, would it be possible to be ovulating this early or are the cheap OPKs rubbish?! Really keen to get back on the horse, so to speak! Thanks.

mathanxiety Mon 02-Jun-14 16:18:23

I had a MC at 13 weeks in July of 1997 that I recovered from with not too much bleeding, and DD3 was born in May 1998. Just my experience.

hanflan Mon 02-Jun-14 16:21:54

It could very well be! Some people seem to settle back into a regular cycle very quickly, especially after the very early miscarriages/chem pregnancies. And apparently you are super fertile straight after a miscarriage too! So if you feel both emotionally and physically ready to get back on the horse then I would say go for it!

tinyeyes123 Tue 03-Jun-14 06:48:51

Thanks guys, maybe last night was the night!

Brummiegirl15 Tue 03-Jun-14 12:48:34

I had a cm very similar to yours and I've had EWCM this week and jumped back on the saddle so to speak.

I haven't done opk as not sure worth it this month, however doc did tell me general advice is that you are highly fertile straight after a mc so I've just gone for it.

Admittedly she did also say you should try and wait 1 month so they can date you properly. Which I'm clearly ignoring - <guilty face>

ImBrian Tue 03-Jun-14 22:30:24

After my chemical I got a positive opk at cd19 and cd20 but scan put conception as though I had ovulated on cd13. I normally ovulate on day 16 so I was prob a few days later then normal. Good luck.

tinyeyes123 Wed 18-Jun-14 07:10:35

Eep, just got a very faint bfp at 11dpo, fingers crossed it gets stronger tomorrow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now