period like clockwork now 8 days late !!!

(2 Posts)
modestmouse86 Sat 24-May-14 13:13:35

Hello... ive never used a forum before so im not sure what to expect. But I need some advice from others that are ttc. My Af is like clockwork 28-29 days for the last 2 years. Only once have I been 4 days late then Af came.

This time im 8 days late, I have no pregnancy symptoms no sore bbs, no sickness nothing. All I have is a little heartburn and I feel ravenously hungry !! Ive had mild cramping which has come and gone a little everyday. Its mainly located on the left side and feels like pinching and pulling. Ive taken 4 tests clearblue early detection tests and all negative ? Im so confused ive never been 8 days late ? Im hoping im pregnant but with each negative test I feel disheartened. Ive decided to leave it till after the weekend and try again. surely if I was pregnant I would have jad a positive by now ? has anyone else been in the same position ? thanks !! confused

Gemerama Sun 25-May-14 09:26:08

Hi Modest

How frustrating for you. During our first cycle ttc (now on 3rd) I was 5 days late and kept getting BFNs but couldn't understand why on earth I was suddenly late, having always been regular. It was torturous. Unfortunately I was just randomly 5 days late, so it can happen. But having said that; 8 days is a lot!

Apparently the levels of HCG (which the pg tests work on) can build more slowly in some people, so it could be that. Personally I would try a different brand of test this weekend, perhaps First Response.

If you don't have AF or a BFP by next weekend I would book in to see your doctor.

Fx for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now