2\3 day period

(13 Posts)
ranchgirl Fri 23-May-14 21:29:56

Came off cerazette in Jan and very regular 28 day cycle but periods only lasting for a few days. Is this normal?

Sighing Sat 24-May-14 02:08:12

That always was for me until I had a coil. Hth

Ticktick Sat 24-May-14 09:23:09

Same for me. I was always a regular 28 day girl with 4-5 days AF. Was on cerezette for a couple of years and no periods what so ever. Whoop. Been off it since Nov, took 6 weeks to get my AF back. Now I'm on a 25 day cycle and AF only lasts 2/3 days. Nothing like they used to be. Every month I am doing a test to check its not implantation bleeding. Light short periods are strange but I suppose we shouldn't complain!

How long have you been off cerezette?

Ticktick Sat 24-May-14 09:24:22

D'oh sorry you said Jan. silly billy. Did you have AF while on pill?

ranchgirl Sat 24-May-14 11:20:52

Hi TickTick. Was on cerazette for years, maybe 5? AF is normal for 2 days then just really light for a few. Did pregnancy test day before and got BFN.
Feeling impatient and trying not to let the worry & doubt creep in. DH & I have started on conception vitamins and I've cut down/out alcohol and am trying to lose weight (but not really overweight, just an extra stone gained since our wedding and resulting contentment!)

ranchgirl Sat 24-May-14 11:21:19

No, no AFs at all whilst on cz.

ranchgirl Sat 24-May-14 11:21:30

No, no AFs at all whilst on cz.

Gemerama Sun 25-May-14 09:15:43

Pre-pill (Yasmin) I had regular like clockwork 28 day cycles with 4 or 5 day periods. On Yasmin for 4 years, came off at New Year and had 3 26 day cycles. Started ttc in March and had a random 32 day cycle and now just had a 28 day one. Hoping it'll settle down now.

My periods since coming off the pill are literally 2 days of proper bleeding and a 3rd day of virtually nothing. It has worried me a bit, but from what I read online, it shouldn't be a cause for concern.

Ranch I have gained about a stone since our wedding 7 months ago. It's happy fat! However, I want to shift it as well!!

Gemerama Sun 25-May-14 09:16:35

She says sitting on sofa chatting on Mumsnet drinking coffee when she should be getting ready to go to the gym hmm

ranchgirl Sun 25-May-14 13:30:11

I'm trying not to self diagnose too much - it's a dangerous business! Yes definitely Happy Fat. I'm on Slimming World & trying not to tear the house down looking for the chocolate my husband has hidden. he's an evil man!

Periods sound just like mine 2 days of bleeding then 1/2 days of something & nothing.

Back to POAS... :-/

ranchgirl Sun 25-May-14 13:33:05

Plus I'm 39 and can't help feeling it's me against time. Only met husband 18 months ago after a lifetime of singledom so we don't want to wait any longer!

Gemerama Sun 25-May-14 13:47:43

Fx that this is your month then smile

What cycle are you on? We are Cycle 3 now. I'm 32 and DH is 35.

ranchgirl Sun 25-May-14 14:15:05

I think that every month!
Cycle 6 just starting. DH off away for work week after next for 3 days, bet it's when I get that bloody smiley face!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now