I'm pregnant!!

(18 Posts)
Noappointmentnecessary Fri 23-May-14 12:32:12

It's true, I did the tear this morning and there it was. I still can't believe it. What do I do now? HELP xx

Noappointmentnecessary Fri 23-May-14 12:35:03

Test!! Bloody predictive text!

Bearandcub Fri 23-May-14 12:35:07

First things first, is this a wanted pregnancy? How do you feel about it?

Noappointmentnecessary Fri 23-May-14 12:40:45

Yes def - I'm 37 - 1st time ttc - happened on second go. But I'm sh** myself - but excited too x

hanflan Fri 23-May-14 12:43:18

Haha I was going to say the same thing as Bear, wasn't sure. But can go ahead and say YAAAAAY congrats! It might be best to head over to the antenatal threads as they can give you lots of preggo advice. Most of us on here are still trying to get to that point haha.

hanflan Fri 23-May-14 12:44:04

Oh and make an appointment to see your GP, they will put you in touch with midwife, and it'll all go from there grin

Sighing Fri 23-May-14 12:46:56

Great news thanks

Noappointmentnecessary Fri 23-May-14 12:48:46

Thank you - I've been messaging my husband "dad" - lol. When do you tell your families? OMG.

FromagePlease Fri 23-May-14 12:49:19

Congratulations! Quick appointment with GP next so they can put you into the midwife system

hanflan Fri 23-May-14 12:50:55

Haha awwwww I am so happy for you, can feel the excitement radiating through the screen! People vary as to when they tell their families. Some people tell parents/siblings straight away, some wait for a few weeks (esp if they want an early private scan just to check all is ok etc.) I think I would tell my mum and sis straight away but nobody else haha.

cookielove Fri 23-May-14 12:58:42

Congratulations smile

Each area is different but it's a good idea to get let your Dr know, and then they can get the ball rolling. You will either have to make your own midwife/booking in appointment usually between 7-11 weeks.

Oooh it's so exciting :D

Noappointmentnecessary Fri 23-May-14 13:06:00

The line was so dark. My husband wants to do another test - lol! - when I get home I will call the docs - thanks guys.

Noappointmentnecessary Fri 23-May-14 13:10:32

I've just got really bad cramps sad

AlmondFrangipani Fri 23-May-14 13:24:25

Don't panic! I had really bad cramps with my last pregnancy, to the point I thought it was ectopic. Went to GP and they referred me to the early pregnancy clinic for a scan. That bean is now 10mo and currently not napping! I would see the GP ASAP. If it doesn't work out (been there too) then there is a lot if support on here. Fx it's all fine. X

cookielove Fri 23-May-14 14:00:49

I had cramps right up too 16 weeks ish with my current pregnancy I still get a little cramp if I move to quickly I'm 22+4

zoobaby Sat 24-May-14 21:34:41

Start investigating which hospital you'd like to go with. My GP surgery refers only to one hospital which has a bad history. I self-referred to the very over subscribed hospital I wanted. I was acceptwd because I'd referred so early grin. It's never too soon to consider these things.

zoobaby Sat 24-May-14 21:35:18

Congrats too!!!

Gemerama Sun 25-May-14 09:06:09

Yay! Congratulations!

I think I will tell my Mum and best friend pretty much straight away, but not tell anyone else until 12 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now