Smep stories

(8 Posts)
Serenitysutton Mon 19-May-14 14:11:59

Has anyone used the sperm meets egg plan? Anyone know the science behind it? Am going to try it anyway since it's harmless but does anyone know the significance of trying for 3 days after +OPK then skipping a day and trying once more?
Thanks

mymelodies Wed 21-May-14 21:17:54

Hi serenitysutton, I'm also going to start the SMEP this month! Today is CD8- I guess it's going to be a very exhausting couple of weeks!

cookielove Thu 22-May-14 17:16:38

I followed the Smep plan last year, first month of trying I got my bfp, however that pregnancy ended in a mmc. This year I got my bfp, when we weren't even trying and only dtd 4 days before ovulation and dh insists that he waa pulled out <hmmmmm my bump suggests not so much hmm >

cookielove Thu 22-May-14 17:17:04

Got any questions I'm happy to answer smile

mymelodies Fri 23-May-14 18:12:10

Thanks for the info cookielove! Dunno how i'm gonna find the energy! :D

Serenitysutton Fri 23-May-14 22:11:53

Thanks cookie that sounds promising! Congrats on bump smile good luck melodies- I usually make DH DTD twice a day during ovulation so this seems like a break! On day 11 now

mymelodies Sun 25-May-14 14:15:58

wow, twice a day?! hats off to you and your DH! I'm on day 12 of my cycle and SMEP not going so well as we had an argument last night!

flirty30s Sun 25-May-14 14:41:11

I used SMEP this month and got my BFP! The reason for doing it 3 days after +opk then skip a day and once more is because some women don't ovulate within the average 24hours after +opk. Sometimes ov doesn't happen for up to 72hours later and it can also be delayed due to stress, travel or sickness. BDing those few more days leaves nothing to chance.

Every second day up to ov isn't too bad. We just made an effort to go to bed a bit earlier and tbh it was kind of nice doing it a lot more often than usual. Def slept better after and DH was in great form!! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now