Will I be too old? Advice welcome.....

(4 Posts)
Sylvie35 Sun 11-May-14 11:03:16

Hi,

This is my first post - bit nervous! wink

Does anyone have any advice they can give me? i'm 35 and desperately want a child with my partner. He is a bit older than me and neither of us have children. He wants us to have a child too, although I suspect the whole idea terrifies him, but he wants to wait until we are married (next summer, hopefully!) - i am worried that time is against me, and the longer we leave it, the more likely it is never to happen! I am also feeling constantly miserable because I have this all-consuming need which i cannot fulfil, and its driving me (and him) crazy! I don't know whether i am being naive or just worrying myself silly for no reason! Does anyone have any advice please? Thanks!

Gemerama Sun 11-May-14 11:19:30

Hi Sylvie,

Welcome grin)

I'm 32, DH is 35 and we are on our second cycle of ttc #1. Would have liked to start a family when I was in my mid to late 20s, but didn't meet DH until I was 29.

I hate all the age pressure stuff, but the stats do show that biologically the best time to have kids is in our 20s and the odds of getting pregnant reduce (not massively, but they do reduce) after 35. Personally I'd get cracking, but obviously you both need to be fully happy with that decision!

It can easily take a year or more to get pregnant as well, so that's something to consider, especially if you want more than one.

Just my opinion, though. Think you need a heart to heart with your OH about how you feel.

Sylvie35 Sun 11-May-14 11:43:50

Hi Gemerama,

Thanks for the reply - you talk sense smile

I'll have another talk with him - i honestly think he's just frightened, which I do understand (i'm terrified too!) so i'll try and be gentle!

Gemerama Sun 11-May-14 11:48:51

Tis a scary business. We are desperate to get pregnant, but I'm sure when we get that BFP I'll still be freaked right out like 'whoa nelly!'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now