Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

Hpt positive yesterday but not today, hormones to low?

(25 Posts)
Amythompson Fri 09-May-14 15:54:47

Hi ladies
I'm just looking for a bit of advice really, me and my partner have been trying to conceive for 7. Months now, anyway yesterday I got 5 positives on hpt but today they are either barely there or completely negative, I also did an opk at the same time today as my hpt but opk was very very strong positive.
I am very confused at the moment, I was so happy yesterday but I'm feeling totally bewildered today.
Please help if you can
Thank you ladies x

Amythompson Fri 09-May-14 15:55:37

Also just to add I am around 13-14dpo xx

KittyVonCatsington Fri 09-May-14 16:50:06

Sounds very confusing for you! Can I ask, have you been using the same brand the whole time? Different brands have different dyes etc.

I don't want to scare you, but that is what happened to me and I had an early mc in Feb and the first sign was the line getting fainter. Can you get a doctors appointment soon?

Amythompson Fri 09-May-14 17:01:50

I used the internet cheapie cassette hpt yesterday and tesco and super drugs today, I did call the doctor but his response was a positive is a positive!
Which is obviously very unhelpful x

KittyVonCatsington Fri 09-May-14 17:05:48

In that case, I personally think it's just the different hpt tests and their differing dyes then-nothing to worry about! Congratulations on your news thanks

Amythompson Fri 09-May-14 17:08:26

Thank you so much, but if i am in fact pregnant ( I will test again in 4 days I think). Would my opk be a very strong positive? X

1moretime Fri 09-May-14 17:42:31

Hi hun. I would suggest you wait a few days & test again..sounds promising tho smile
Try not to worry xx

dildoos Fri 09-May-14 18:48:12

Amy I take a while to kick off a tesco test so don't stress relax sure in a day or so would give you a BFP x

Amythompson Fri 09-May-14 19:00:21

Thank you so much ladies, it's so nice to have people to talk to about this sort of stuff xxx

MrsCouchman Sat 10-May-14 22:56:54

I've heard that opk come up strong positive if pregnant smile congratulations! I had to do a dig before I believed the test x

impatientlywaiting14 Sun 11-May-14 00:37:27

Hi Amy, You said you tested with the IC tests do you know what mul they are? for example 10mul. The smaller the number the more sensitive they are at detecting the smallest amount of HGC. If you are testing early before your period is due you may find the other tests are not suitable if they are not designed to test early (up to 4 days before, or 6 if a FRER). As someone else said the dye used in the tests can also vary from brand to brand.

I used IC's on 11dpo and 12dpo (Wednesday) and found the lines so faint it was confusing so i brought a boots digital test which was suitable for testing up to 4 days before your period is due so i took a test and confirmed it with that. I did another yesterday for reassurance and was still pregnant. lol

I know it must be terribly confusing and worrying for you. I proved MrsCouchman's theory right just now by taking another IC preg test (same as before) and an IC ovulation test of the same brand and one i have been using all along. I am pleased to tell you both come up positive the opk is stronger than the pregnancy test. lol

I would suggest if your due very soon to do a Digital test to confirm it for you smile xxxx

Amythompson Sun 11-May-14 10:50:14

Hello, I tested again yesterday and again this morning yesterday afternoon faint positive and this morning with clear blue the one with the knew handle was so faint it was almost nothing ( could have actually been nothing tbh) I just don't understand it, the first test I used were 10mul I have no idea what the clear blue is but as the morning has gone on the line has got slightly stronger but I'm guessing I should disregard this? I also did a tesco one again yesterday faint positive, but neg this morning I was due my period yesterday but currently 16dpo so I'm not sure what's happening I guess I just wait it out now to see if anything happens, I have had sore boobs since yesterday afternoon so I think ad might be arriving. Don't know what to think or even feel atm. Thank you ladies I'm hoping soon I can respond with a bfp either way I'll keep you informed xx

toots123 Sun 11-May-14 10:56:34

Congratulations!! You dont get false positives so your pregnant.
You'll drive yourself mad with testing twice a day and worrying about how dark the line is. Relax and if no period in a week test again...

relax and enjoy!

impatientlywaiting14 Sun 11-May-14 11:19:37

Hi Amy

It all sounds very confusing. If you can, I would suggest using a digital test anyone should be fine now, as your overdue Af. I know your nervous though as its so definite isn't it, it doesn't leave any room for hope it either is or it isn't. I don't want to raise your hopes but personally I think your pregnant. Wait it out a day or so if you can then get a digital to confirm things in writing. At least then you will know either way.

Good luck smile

YoniLive0nce Sun 11-May-14 11:26:17

Hi amy I'm in the same boat. My lines have been v faint but last couple of days I can't really see anything (I now hate looking at lines!). I'm about 13/14 dpo and AF due tomorrow, my boobs also a bit sore but I can't remember if this is usual or not at this time of month (1st month ttc so I've been really oblivious until now!!)
Fingers are crossed for you x

Amythompson Sun 11-May-14 16:03:58

Hi ladies I did a digital test and I got a bfn unfortunately so just waiting on af now x

KittyVonCatsington Sun 11-May-14 16:21:31

Oh sweetie, I'm sorry to hear that. I got BFPs back in Feb on FRERs and ic but barely there on a CB and Not Pregnant on a Digi and it did turn out to be a chemical. HOWEVER, not to say this is what is happening to you.

It isn't enough to say you are 16 dpo so should have BFPs on all of them, YET. Most are designed to work best at least 7 days after AF is due. That, and the Digis doen't always say the correct reading. I broke mine open with a steak knife and there were two lines there, just one was very faint.

I would test again with a FRER in 48 hours with FMU. FX

Amythompson Sun 11-May-14 16:49:53

Thank you I'm gonna just wait a week then test again if no af, disappointed to say the least but oh well I'm sure it'll happen eventually at xx

Amythompson Mon 12-May-14 13:29:57

Hi ladies just thought I'd update you all on my situation, I called the doctor today and told him all about how confused I was and unfortunately he said that hcg should only get stronger after my first positive and said even though I'm only 2 days late, he has advised to wait for af as it is most likely a chemical pregnancy sad
I think next time I'm waiting longer than the 2ww as don't think I could handle being told I've had another chemical so for now my story ends here, I wish everyone the best in ttc and thank you all so much for your support and advice.
Baby dust and sticky dust to you all xxx

Didn't want to read & run, really sorry to hear it's likely to be a chemical Amy, must feel so difficult sad This is the curse that the insights of modern technology gives us I guess... sounds like you're dealing with it really well though. sending good vibes for sticky beans in the future!

Amythompson Mon 19-May-14 18:20:01

Hi ladies me again, my doctor was wrong about the chemical! I did another clear-blue digi and i am most definitely pregnant!! :D couldn't be happier.
Thank you all so much for your kind words and support. Xx

Ajords1 Mon 19-May-14 18:31:30

Just joined this thread and was so pleased to ready the happy ending! This bean is obviously going to keep you on your toes winkwink hope you have a happy and healthy 9mths! X

cookielove Mon 19-May-14 18:33:14

Congratulations Amy smile

Amythompson Wed 21-May-14 18:05:45

Thank you I'm super happy and super excited smile x

DeadCert Wed 21-May-14 18:15:35

Ahh, was really happy to get to the end of this thread. Congratulations, hope you have a happy, healthy pregnancy thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now