If DC1 was unplanned, how long did it take to TTC DC2?

(9 Posts)
CabbagesAndKings Thu 08-May-14 19:32:03

As it says, really. My first DC is 6.5 and we've started TTC. It's cycle 2, but we haven't really be doing it 'properly'- both been working madly busy shifts grin

I felt a little silly, because after the 'Oh my God, I'm pregnant' moment with DC1, I half expected to be pregnant as soon as DH and I had unprotected sex a couple of times grin Of course I know that's not the case, but it did make me wonder how long it had taken other people!

MrsCouchman Thu 08-May-14 20:47:11

My first was a surprise, just found our im pregnant with 2nd after 11 months of trying x

GingerbreadBabyPlease Thu 08-May-14 20:50:38

My first wasn't a surprise, but was conceived the first month of trying. Now on cycle 11 of ttc number 2, hope I catch this month like you MrsCouchman!! There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason as to how long it takes to get pregnant!

Preciousbane Thu 08-May-14 20:52:58

First unplanned and second first month of trying.

YouMaySayImADreamer Thu 08-May-14 21:20:43

First was a surprise (still cant figure out how it happened!) and on cycle 3 of ttc no2 having had a chemical pregnancy last month

busyDays Fri 09-May-14 16:10:21

My first pregnancy was a complete shock while on the pill, the second took 2 months of trying, the third was sort of a surprise because we were a bit lazy with contraception, the fourth took about 5 months of very active/desperate trying and my current pregnancy took 3 months of not really trying but not preventing either. Two of the pregnancies were not sticky though so I only have 2 dc. Strangely out of all my pregnancies the one where we tried the hardest and I became the most obsessed/crazy using opks and timing everything was also the one that ended up taking the longest.

ImBrian Sun 11-May-14 09:39:56

My first was a surprise then the second took 4 months. 5 pregnancies since then have all been conceived straight away so I'm not sure what was going on.

Bicnod Sun 11-May-14 09:49:51

First was a surprise, second took 11 months, third took three months (am currently 6+5 grin)

Sarahplane Sun 11-May-14 10:00:07

My first was unplanned and only took one missed pill and it took 5 months of ttc with dc2 just as we were beginning to worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now