brown cm x3 days before AF

(10 Posts)
Groovyhatfeatherboa Wed 07-May-14 10:53:23

I sometimes get a teeny amount of brown CM just before AF arrives, literally seconds before.

Yesterday I had a teeny bit so thought oh, perhaps AF will be 3 days early so waited but nothing. This morning I had quite a bit of brown CM but still nothing. Arh. hmm

What does this meeeaaaannnnn? Is this a normal symptom people get before AF that suddenly my body wants to do (of course during the time I am TTC, just to toy with me)? Or is there a possibility I am up duffed.

I'm pretty sure I ovulate quite late in the month (CD 15 last month). I am probably now 13 DPO

ISeeIt Wed 07-May-14 11:21:18

Sounds like a possible implantation bleed - you could be upduffed! If no AF in a couple of days try a first response test (I always find super drug cheapies great, they detect HCG at lowest level). Fx for you

Nottalotta Wed 07-May-14 16:36:52

I had this. AF due monday but didn't arrive...... Testing tomorrow.

Good luck!

Groovyhatfeatherboa Wed 07-May-14 17:09:36

I caved in and tested and got a BFN. I guess I'm not out of the game until the witch arrives so I can keep pretending until then sad

Groovyhatfeatherboa Wed 07-May-14 17:10:55

and I also had a brown cm stain in my knickers but looked more blood then cm. sorry if tmi

oh the joys

Groovyhatfeatherboa Wed 07-May-14 17:11:25

good luck to you too Nottalotta. Let me know how you get on

Inshock73 Wed 07-May-14 17:27:06

Lots of women get spotting before AF, brown CM is often just a slow start to AF, it's blood that is making its way down very slowly so by the time you notice it it's old blood and brown rather than the red you would expect from a heavier (and fast moving) bleed.

On the other hand it could be implantation.... Good luck!

Butler4 Wed 07-May-14 21:36:17

Hi I started getting this in November time for about 7 days before af. I have been ttc number 1 for 15 months and have had some tests and everything ok so far. Consultant said nothing to worry about and could be a number of reasons. Sometimes it's brown for a week then af comes. Sometimes get some pink in it too. I found this the other day and think it's the best thing I have read to help understand that I could be a number of things but nothing to worry about.

www.babyhopes.com/articles/why-is-there-blood-in-my-cervical-mucus.html
Doesn't give you a definitive answer but definitely helps understand what's going on.

Groovyhatfeatherboa Sat 10-May-14 09:05:39

Update for anyone who would like to know or has some advice.

Brown CM continued for 2 days. Tiny amounts. Stopped day AF was due, which was yesterday. Also took a hpt BFN. Last night I started to get cramps so went to the toilet, wiped and got some pink. Thought AF was on her way but after a while it stopped. Now it's the morning after getting jothing it has gone back to a bit of brown CM. still feel a bit crampy.

Any enlightenment?
I'm too scared to test sad

Groovyhatfeatherboa Sat 10-May-14 09:09:01

*nothing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now