No period in 48 days what can this mean

(24 Posts)
Mummy2jake02 Thu 01-May-14 18:52:14

I haven't had a period since the 14th of March had all the signs that they r going 2 start but never have,me n my partner r trying for another baby,I have all the signs of being pregnant but every time I have done a test it is negative my period have always been irregular

LadyGlitterBug Fri 02-May-14 09:13:37

I would suggest going to your doctor hun. After 48 days you should be seeing a BFP if your HCG levels are normal.
It also could be stress that has stopped your AF, from TTC and maybe you have other things going on in your life right now.
But i would suggest go to your docs and explain that your ttc but no luck and no AF, he will probably do a test or a blood test to confirm preg or not, then you can go about getting things back on track!
good luck and baby dust

Mummy2jake02 Fri 02-May-14 14:17:27

Just done a boots own test and it has came back positive so got the midwife on the 15th thanx again 4 ur help keep u all posted xx

1moretime Fri 02-May-14 15:52:10

Yeay. Congratulations :-)
How many days late were you before you tested positive?
X

Gemerama Fri 02-May-14 18:33:54

Congratulations Mummy You must be 8 weeks along already then? How exciting!

1moretime Fri 02-May-14 19:21:32

My last period was 13th March...still testing Negative tho :-(
I have pcos and my cycles are irregular..so not sure if this is just a long cycle or not x

Mummy2jake02 Sun 04-May-14 01:13:16

1moretime my periods r always irregular but I just kept testing every week then my boobs became really tender and larger that I new wasn't my normal for my period I was 48 days late before my test was positive Hun extra good luck Hun xx

1moretime Sun 04-May-14 09:25:46

Mummy awww wow really??
I feel like im going insane...iv had period pains since last Sat, thats when my period was due! God knows whats going on, i just feel like im about to start. Big Congrats again smile

1moretime Sun 04-May-14 09:28:53

So was is a 48 day cycle you had or was your period actually 48 days late....i am 8 days late now on day 52 as my cycles are normally 44 days long. So i could be preggo but keep getting negatives for next few weeks? X

Mummy2jake02 Sun 04-May-14 17:25:46

I was 48 days late just keep trying Hun that's what I did it will happen I am sure if u keep getting negatives ask ur doctor 4 a blood test that's what I was going 2 do be4 I done my test try boots own pregnancy test xx

1moretime Sun 04-May-14 19:44:17

Thanks hun. I will do. I have just came back from family bbq & puked my guts up!
Feel rotten. X

Mummy2jake02 Sun 04-May-14 21:52:36

Get a test done lol extra good luck Hun let me know how u get on please xx

1moretime Mon 05-May-14 06:51:35

I was going to wait to Wed see if period arrives or not, if not wull retest, if Negative i will make an app & ask for blood test.....then again im itching to do one today lol.
Its confusing as with DS i knew straight away as i was sick 3 days before my missed period & got my BFP the same day!
Im baffled as i dont have a clue if and when i ovulated??
Last period 13th March & going by my period log, was due to ov on 12th April & peruod due on 26th April....im now 9 days late. Xx

1moretime Mon 05-May-14 06:53:16

Bloody spelling!! Hope you know what i mean hmm

1moretime Mon 05-May-14 14:43:43

Well while at the supermarket i got a clear blue test.
Another BFN :-( x

Mummy2jake02 Mon 05-May-14 22:29:36

Awwww sorry 2 hear that Hun my last period was the 14th of March and I just kept testing every week then when I was 48 days late I done a test and I am pregnant,defo go 2 ur doctor Hun n ask them keep me posted good luck xx

1moretime Tue 06-May-14 06:14:48

Were you getting symptoms too hun, right through. I dont know if its my body playing tricks on me or what. X

Mummy2jake02 Tue 06-May-14 12:52:24

Yea I got sore boobs that was all I got xx

1moretime Wed 07-May-14 07:18:50

Hi mummytojake02 cramps again last night & looks like af is on its way this morning. Very light & pink rather than red but looks like im out. In one way im just pleased that something is happening. Just dont know whete i will be at for my next cycle & ovulation. X

Mummy2jake02 Thu 08-May-14 14:24:34

Awww I am so sorry to hear that babe just keep trying straight away xxx

1moretime Thu 08-May-14 20:53:26

Thanks hun. I feel really strange to be honest, my boobs are still killing me, cramps have carried on as expected with af, but i have been sick the last 2 mornings yday was while brushing my teeth, i started to gag & was sick & today while at work i felt queezy & was sick! I broke down crying yday at work for bo reason & was sat crying before to hubby..my hormones are to pot. Lol.
Xxx How are you feeling hun? Xx

Mummy2jake02 Fri 09-May-14 11:56:20

Awwww hunni I hope u r ok I know it's very stressful and hard but ur day will eventually come just keep trying I would go and talk to ur doctor about ur symptoms and ur feelings. I have been ok thanx feeling very sick and still got sore boobs but got my midwife on Wednesday so here's hoping everything is going ok xx

Daleash Wed 23-Nov-16 05:00:20

Hi I am 48 days late for my period I got a positive blood test and got told I was 5 weeks the next few days I did a new blood test and came back negative I still haven't gone my period or any bleed at all I am still get morning sickness everyday and doctors don't have any clue what is wrong with me HELP!!!

brightspark2 Wed 23-Nov-16 05:08:13

This is a zombie thread from 2014 - perhaps you should start your own thread in trying to conceive?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now