Eggsellent Egg buddies! For those having ivf during April, May and June and any others still around :-)

(662 Posts)
starsandmoonandback Mon 28-Apr-14 17:16:46

Couldn't see another thread so thought I'd make our new one smile

Bearsandhoney Tue 29-Apr-14 07:14:41

Tame: I'm not leaving smile

Hold on in there. I have heard of all sorts of worrying bleeding in pregnancy and then things turn out alright so keep being positive (as much as you can muster) and know that we are all thinking of you. Xx

Bearsandhoney Tue 29-Apr-14 07:25:33

Tame how are you feeling this morning?

resipsa Tue 29-Apr-14 08:37:32

Tame - a thought - early v strong line - one sticking, one not?

resipsa Tue 29-Apr-14 08:52:01

Oh, did I fill the last thread without knowing or starting a new one? How rude grin. Thanks Stars for stepping in!

So much for stress free lead up to ET. DD not well so been up in the night (let's face it, been up most of the night) daily since the weekend. DH away and have a must-go situation at work so had to take DD to nursery today. As we entered, it was noted how unwell she looked so feeling irritated by work (reasonable), irritated by DH's absence (unreasonable), guilty (of course) and sad sad. Why should I have another when I can't even look after the first properly?

Wish I could have winewinewine!

resipsa Tue 29-Apr-14 08:52:06

Oh, did I fill the last thread without knowing or starting a new one? How rude . Thanks Stars for stepping in!

So much for stress free lead up to ET. DD not well so been up in the night (let's face it, been up most of the night) daily since the weekend. DH away and have a must-go situation at work so had to take DD to nursery today. As we entered, it was noted how unwell she looked so feeling irritated by work (reasonable), irritated by DH's absence (unreasonable), guilty (of course) and sad . Why should I have another when I can't even look after the first properly?

Wish I could have !

resipsa Tue 29-Apr-14 08:53:23

You see, feelin' so sorry for self that had to tell you all twice!

resipsa Tue 29-Apr-14 08:54:25

Funny how the icons are different when you post on the website as opposed to the app...

starsandmoonandback Tue 29-Apr-14 10:28:59

Res, firstly, have a hug! Secondly, isn't it a bit eat for wine? wink Lol and thirdly, don't be mean to yourself. You're tired, that's enough to send us all in a Tizz! I know it's no consolation, but I had barely a wink of sleep last night either. hmm Feel wretched this morning. Am glad I didn't have to go to work tho.

Tame, how are you hun? X

tametortie Tue 29-Apr-14 12:14:22

Hello my friends xx

I'm ok- still spotting. Bit pink, bit brown, tiny bits of red, mostly pink (I can siiiing a rainbow!!!!....) then sometimes, nothing. Dh is wondering if I've irritated myself putting the utrogestran in- he's so hopeful. Clinic think its implantation OR an embie coming away x

I've stopped the aspirin. Line is still there this morning.

It's a waiting game and could totally go either way. I'm not hopeful BUT I do feel pregnant- awful taste in mouth, sore boobs and feel a bit woozy. That's a development on the last pregnancy- just a sort of 'spiritual' sense of I am.

And for today, I am. May not last till tomorrow but at least we achieved a pregnancy (again!!)

lumen Tue 29-Apr-14 14:00:00

Hi ladies, can I join you? Starting first ivf cycle this month, down reg drugs due to be started in 3 weeks time, hopefully with stimms through May/June and EC/ET at end of June. DH and I have been ttc for almost 3 years and have a case of unexplained infertility. We are both 34 and get one round of nhs ivf, so this is it. Have been reading mn posts for a while but not contributed before, so sorry if i don't always get the jargon grin

vallinnapod Tue 29-Apr-14 16:45:28

Just got my first bHCG back...whilst on it's own it doesn't mean that much it was my consultant rather than nurse who called as it should be around 70...mine was 1084 blush. No way of knowing until an early scan but looks like there may have been double sticking.

resipsa Tue 29-Apr-14 16:49:43

Hi lumen. Lots going on here at the moment so jump in!

resipsa Tue 29-Apr-14 16:50:16

Val - or maybe one split and it's gringringrin!!!

vallinnapod Tue 29-Apr-14 17:09:41

Fuck. Res. Do. Not. Joke.

starsandmoonandback Tue 29-Apr-14 17:13:00

Or.....two split and there are 3 ;)

starsandmoonandback Tue 29-Apr-14 17:13:44

I meant to write 4!!! blush

starsandmoonandback Tue 29-Apr-14 17:14:45

Tame, I really hope this time is different and good. X

Hi Lum, welcome aboard the roller coaster x

lumen Tue 29-Apr-14 17:17:29

Thanks all. What is the test you have had done val? Did they offer a reason for why the result might be so high?

tametortie Tue 29-Apr-14 17:35:35

Hello lumen! Is that Lumen as in from dexter? smile

tametortie Tue 29-Apr-14 17:36:34

Pissing hell val!!! confused

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Tue 29-Apr-14 17:41:26

Tame omg I don't check the thread for a day and you only go and get a BFP! I'm keeping everything crossed it's just break through bleeding/from slight trauma. I know how scary this part is, we are all here holding your hand x

Val shockshock at over 1000! I'm thinking it's got to be twins. I bet you can't wait for the scan now!

Hi Lumen, welcome to the egg buddies. Sorry you have to be here but everyone is great on this thread. I've learnt so much about IVF on here, it was great for while I was going through my first IVF cycle.

lumen Tue 29-Apr-14 17:43:40

Hi tame, yes big dexter fan wink

tametortie Tue 29-Apr-14 18:23:35

I love dexter too smile

Turquoisetamborine Tue 29-Apr-14 18:37:34

Welcome Lumen, hope this thread is lucky for you (wasn't for me but most seem to be). Which protocol are you doing?

Val I didn't realise you'd got a BFP, congratulations! Have you just done FET?

Congrats Tame too, hope it sticks.

I've got a free open day at new clinic 31st may then hopefully starting second cycle in July.

Does anyone who knows about IVF think it would be better for me to do short protocol this time? I think I was over suppressed. One ovary and normal FSH.

tametortie Tue 29-Apr-14 19:02:10

What is the new clinic??

I think a change of protocol could throw up a better response, some say better eggs.

Out of interest- what was your dose, drug and response on previous cycles??

Here is a very wise platitude....

You cannot keep doing the same thing over and over and expect a different outcome.

So true x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now