Home of the very brave TTC after MC-ers. Advice, understanding and a variety or food based euphemisms. Pull up a pew, ladies!

(1000 Posts)
Justonemoretime Thu 24-Apr-14 19:16:01

The Rules...

(1) A lady may only POAS on a Friday.
(2) Friday means the day that everyone calls Friday in the time zone where you spent the night.
(3) Rule (1) does not apply to POA-OPK-S, UNLESS they are being illegitimately used as surrogate HCG detectors, in which case Rule (1) most definitely does apply
(4) Rule (1) does not apply following a BFP because if you want to waste £25 a day POADigiS that's your prerogative <<refuses to admit that's what I'll do>>
(5) Rule (1) does not apply if a lady is POAS in an attempt to get a BFN to prove she can start DTD with intent
(6) Rule (1) does not apply if a lady wants for unknown reason to pee on an actual stick, like a twig or some such, if that lady is unexpectedly caught short whilst tramping in the forest looking for bears.
(7) These rules (including Rule (1)) are subject to the change at any time if the ladies of the Posifrickentivity thread decide on a whim come up with empirical evidence to prove that it is luckier to POAS on any other day of the week
(8) Violators of Rule (1) shall be subject to fish throwing.

And as a grand finale, why not pledge to NEVER POAS before 14DPO?

TeaRex Fri 25-Apr-14 10:15:26

Sorry to hear that sebs as for uni if its a September start date could you not just apply and keep ttc at the same time? If you won't loose out on money by going through the application prosess I'd just do it if I were you, you can always change your mind and not go it but if you don't apply the decisions out of your hands iyswim?

bythesea82 Fri 25-Apr-14 13:09:56

Just found out a really close friend is pregnant with their second, kind of guessed it was coming but I am still surprised just how wobbly it's made me feel.
Guess I just had to say that to people who will understand.

Sorry bythesea, it's utterly crap when you hear unexpected preggo news. But it does pass. In time the news gets easier. Hugs to you

Cakebaker35 Fri 25-Apr-14 13:47:24

Sorry bythesea I had the exact same situation a couple of days ago. I'd been feeling really positive, doing really well, and it just hit me like a bolt out of the blue. I ended up telling the friend in question that I'd had a wobble, she was so lovely about it and it was good to not have to pretend, she's too good a friend for that. She totally gets it doesn't mean I'm not happy for her (i am) I'm just sad for me. We had a big hug and it all feels ok now, hope you can do the same x

GandTnow Fri 25-Apr-14 13:48:59

thanks Bythesea its always a kicker, but hopefully gets easier.

Sebs A crystal ball would be ace wouldn't it?! Agree with TeaRex, applying will at least be another focus and something else to plan for. You can always back out if need be.

sebsmummy1 Fri 25-Apr-14 14:05:49

Thanks girls xxx

I would need to do an OU course as an access course in which, can you believe, will cost anything up to 10k (just when the fuck did the OU become crazy money!!!????). So whilst id get a government funded bursary to cover the uni fees. I would have to pay for the OU course and then pass it obviously before I could apply and then were looking at three years from that point plus childcare fees.

It is a huge undertaking but would see me in a profession at the end where there are jobs and a living wage.

I guess I've got a few more months to keep mulling it over. I can't believe how quick this year has gone already tho!!

Cakebaker35 Fri 25-Apr-14 14:22:44

sebs just read your post too fast and thought you were going to retrain as an actress! grin bloody nightmare how expensive it is but if it's something you really feel you'll enjoy then go for it. Applying is sure to produce a sticky bean smile

JonesSchool Fri 25-Apr-14 14:28:33

Sorry bythesea , it's really crappy at the mo. I'm still at the stage of having good and bad hours. I had a mini break down in Tesco's yesterday, waiting to buy a new baby card and another couple with their really tiny baby joined the queue behind me. Only just held it together until I got to the car.
I also have too much time to think, I need to be back at school panicking about assessments, marking and levels not spending hours on google trying to self diagnose. Aargh! Life's not fair!

sebs I agree with the others, no harm in applying and waiting to see what happens

bythesea82 Fri 25-Apr-14 14:52:11

Thanks all and sorry that others are going through the same but guess it's not suprising. sad
sebs are there any other grants which can help with the OU section of it?

HollyBen Fri 25-Apr-14 15:28:47

Thanks for the new thread just
My stats hollyben mc (11 weeks) mar 2011, DD mar 2011, ttc#2 since may 2013, mc (9 weeks) sept 2012
CD28, 7 DPO here

tannyLoo Fri 25-Apr-14 15:32:21

So, I'm trying a photo. How exciting.

Just done an IC OPK, on CD11, and I think it's positive? Opinions would be great.

I'm temping this month and it's a dry run (so to speak), so I could still be a couple of days off OV. I was hoping that the acupuncture had lengthened my cycle...

Sebs, I totally want to just put my life on hold until I'm pushing out a live little sproglet, but I'm just making everything worse for myself. Go for it. Plans have been altered by pregnancy for ever, yours can be too. x

Metalhead Fri 25-Apr-14 16:05:33

tanny when I get a line like this it's still a negative, for me the whole line has to be that really dark red colour (darker than the control line). However I've heard some people on here say they never get a darker line.

I'd keep testing for a few days to see if you get a full dark red line, if not then maybe this is your positive.

This was my positive ic OPK tanny

HollyBen Fri 25-Apr-14 19:28:29

That's as positive as my OPKs ever seem to get tanny I always test the following evening/ day just to check whether it gets any stronger though

tannyLoo Fri 25-Apr-14 19:44:57

Thanks, that is really useful. I've just done another one and it hasn't finished developing but already looks a bit darker so I'll take your advice Metal and keep testing and temping.

I'll still be early to ov though. I'm not due to until Tuesday, and can't see this continuing until then. Gah! Just when I think I've worked it all out!

tannyLoo Fri 25-Apr-14 20:04:11

So, because I can and not because I'm at all obsessive here's the one I just did. This one looks more like yours now, English...

Carly6971 Fri 25-Apr-14 20:37:42

Thanks for the new thread smile and the link or I would still be on the old one lol!

My stats: ttc#1 for 6!!!!years! Surprise bfp jan 14 smile mc 5th Feb 14 sad @9+5 sad my angel that I never got to hold in my arms, but will hold in my heart forever xxx

As for me, 6dpo (I think) and no signs or symptoms either way.

Cakebaker35 Fri 25-Apr-14 22:01:31

tanny, looks positive to me x

carly hats off to you for your commitment to ttc, if there was an icon for a ttc medal then it would be yours xxx

Carly6971 Fri 25-Apr-14 22:09:00

Haha cake never thought we would get pregnant naturally and was going to start ivf this year. However our surprise angel baby has given us both renewed hope that we can do this smile I just want to be a mummy more than anything in the world smile and although this journey is long and heart breaking I can not give up hope of one day cradling my own baby in my arms and having my own family smile x

Sal1977 Fri 25-Apr-14 22:33:56

Ha! It would seem I behave sorted the pissing password thing out at last!!

Missed about 10 pages of updates so what's occurring cookie crew?

Still plodding along here, giving the temping and OV Tests a miss this month, but I'm due to OV on our week off next week, so plenty a bonking on the cards!!

tannyLoo Fri 25-Apr-14 22:53:48

Yay Sal! Nice to see you chick!

Don't blame you for ditching the thermometer and sticks, they're a pain in the arse...

Parsley2506 Fri 25-Apr-14 23:59:28

New thread time already, you bunch of gas bags! wink

I wonder if MN had the comparison of piss sticks in mind when they gave us the ability to post pics? tanny I'd say that looks positive to me but then I don't know anything about those fecking ICs - they never bloody worked for me!

I hope everyone is dandy and chipper, this will sound awful but I've genuinely not really thought much about the MC now for a while. It's like it was all a strange dream and I'm now firmly back in the fertility woes camp instead. I'm sure it'll be back to smack me round the chops big time in June tho, EDD and all that...

I've not read all the way back but big congrats to lovely seasides on the positive scan. Wishing you all the absolute best for the rest of your pregnancy!

Right, I'll go back to lurking now as, to steal Sal's turn of phrase, me and my womb of doom have nothing to report!

Parsley, 32, ttc #1 since March 2012. MMC 11+6 Nov 2013.

officelady Sat 26-Apr-14 06:49:15

officelady reporting for duty on the new thread! My stats
officelady ttc #3, mc 5+2 Feb 2013, mmc 11+5 Mar 2014.

Woke up this morning feeling really REALLY ragey. Normally this means AF is imminent - still not ovulated since the mc in March though - I've been temping and opking and checking cm like a mad thing so I'm sure I haven't missed any signs. I had what I thought was a pretty textbook period at the beginning of April but seem to have had lots of very light spotting throughout the last couple of weeks. I've been a bit down about the whole ttc business this week, it feels like my body has just shut down and that's it. No more chances for me. But in an effort to be positive we've been making some exciting plans for the future without another baby in the equation. Hoping some of that sod's law will work and I'll get upduffed at a really inconvenient time!
Had a major wobble at work yesterday, a colleague very excitedly whispered to me that one of our workmates is pregnant, not planned, top secret etc. I just wanted to scream THAT WAS ME A MONTH AGO, but nobody at work knew I was pregnant or miscarried so I just did my bland face then crept off to the toilets for a self-indulgent weep. I was really cross with myself because earlier in the week another colleague brought her new baby in for a visit and I was truly absolutely fine and I was happy to see her and her lovely little boy. Guess you just can't control how you feel, can you?
I need somebody to slap me round the head with a haddock!

No haddock here Gail... Have a tiny little sardine... It's perfectly normal and acceptable to have days when you feel fine and days when you don't. You're still in the early days, don't beat yourself up about it.
I had my mc in dec and my cycles have been a bit weird since, it takes a while. Maybe just ditch all the TTC paraphernalia for a cycle and allow yourself to switch off a bit from it ( I know it's not easy). Big hug from me

Bollocks! On phone that was obviously for Office!! blush

This thread is not accepting new messages.