Driving myself CRAZY- Help?

(9 Posts)
Dormeuse Sat 29-Mar-14 09:12:17

Ok, I appreciate that the chances of me being lucky are slim, but I'm obviously overthinking everything and don't know what's going on! hmm

I stopped the pill (Yasmin) in Feb... no period but a lot of weird symptoms and 2 neg tests.

Anyone know how long it could take to get back to 'normal' or if there really is a chance I could've fallen preg that quickly?

Trying not to read too much into it as I know it's unlikely and just wishful thinking but damn it, when you want to conceive so much everything seems hopeful.... blush

Has anyone who has had a similar experience talk some sense into me please!

clementinesandbananas Sat 29-Mar-14 21:58:28

Took me 6m after stopping Yasmin to get a period. During that time I got lots of symptoms, cramping, crazy mood swings etc.

You might be pregnant (some women bounce back really quickly from being on the pill) or it might just be hormones settling back to normal after being on the pill.

There's no real way of knowing except for waiting and testing again in a few days I'm afraid...

clementinesandbananas Sat 29-Mar-14 21:59:15

And even if you're not pregnant, the 'symptoms' are a great sign that something's happening at least: took me a few months to even get that far!!

Deenamumof1 Sun 30-Mar-14 00:11:05

Hi, I came off the pill and it took me a year to have a period I had to keep doing pregnancy tests every month, hope you are pregnant though as I know how horrible it is to see negative pregnancy tests all the time, wait 2 more weeks to do another test, all the best babe x

nelly1994 Sun 30-Mar-14 06:20:37

I'm on the same boat. I stopped taking gildess fe on February and bled February 21st for a few days and haven't gotten a period since. I took some opks the 15th of march and kept getting positives now two weeks later I'm feeling lots of dull cramps bellow my ovaries n sore breast and I believe I'm 14dpo but BFN today. Since my period is irregular I'm gonna test in another week.

Dormeuse Sun 30-Mar-14 18:01:27

Oh bugger! I'm rubbish at waiting games!
But thanks so much for the replies, glad to know it's not just me and I'm not (necessarily) delusional!

Dormeuse Sat 05-Apr-14 08:55:42

Just a quick update to those who responded:

Had bad cramps all week and was so sure AF would be making her arrival anytime. But she didn't and I got my BFP on Thurs! (And Friday...and this morning, just to be sure lol)

Wish I'd trusted my instincts more than the tests! Best of luck ladies x

Beansprout30 Sat 05-Apr-14 09:24:43

Wow congratulations!

Cupcake92 Sat 05-Apr-14 09:31:41

Wow that was amazing quick! Congratulations!! :D bet that was amazing to know ur body went back to normal straight away and u conceived straight away. I'm hoping it's the same for me. I'm testing April 23rd. Not keeping my hopes up tho as I have a feeling it's not happening this month.
Again congrats and good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now