If at first you don't conceive...shag, shag and shag again. BFP due in April.

(435 Posts)
DrewsWife Wed 26-Mar-14 14:05:56

Well here we are. Again!

Month 5 ttc #2 with a nearly 18yo DD

victoria401 Mon 14-Apr-14 17:36:43

5dpo, feeling nauseous and didn't even fancy wine last night! Too early to be a symptom, prob something I ate. Have had like a bubbly tummy too, like trapped wind but no escaping wind! Lol!

Day off work for my bday and the weather is amazing! Been round a national trust property like the old fogie I now am! Haha! Back to work tomorrow tho, boo, but only for 3 days then another long weekend, woo!

toothachereturns Mon 14-Apr-14 17:45:37

Today I feel like i need to pee all the time! I think it may be cystitis. Grrrrreat! sad

DrewsWife Mon 14-Apr-14 18:01:08

I think I have. I too can't stop peeing. But just been away on a craft weekend and had a 5 hour drive. Also have a very windy bottom !! grin

Boobs are tender. Feel slightly sicky but am sure that happened last month

toothachereturns Mon 14-Apr-14 18:57:44

Isnt it cruel that these are also the symptoms of early pregnancy!?
I didn't feel like this last month but last months af was very different than normal as it was the first after having the mirena out. I cant actually remember what my normal af symptoms are other than horrible cramps. I'd had my coil in for more than 6 yrs!

DrewsWife Mon 14-Apr-14 20:00:23

My coil was removed in October. It was attached to my womb and had to be surgically removed. Had all my tests. So it all should in theory be fine

DrewsWife Tue 15-Apr-14 11:33:26

So waiting for AF. feeling pretty run down. Grrrrrr.

toothachereturns Tue 15-Apr-14 14:04:41

Me too. sad Feeling really crampy today. sad sad sad sad

Mikeysmum2906 Tue 15-Apr-14 14:15:17

Well think im 2dpo dtd twice at weekend on sat and sun hopefully it was enough too sore down there to do anymore last night lol. Hope youre all doing ok. Im already symptom spotting i have sore bbs but thats normal for me I think after ov.

RPopz Tue 15-Apr-14 14:16:59

Think I'm going to be here on my own at the end of the month! Not even ovd yet! Try and resist the symptom spotting ladies grin

madasacatter Tue 15-Apr-14 14:35:35

Can I join please?
Month 1 TTC # 2
Have DS who's 8
BFP due 20th April

I'm really confused by the whole cd thing, could someone please explain how that works?

I've bought some ovulation tests, but now I've seen some comments about knowing 'how' to read them - what's that all about? panic

ilovechops Tue 15-Apr-14 14:36:26

Hello, Can I join you! I am Month 3 TTC #2 with a 2yr old DD. I am 10DPO today (I think). Tested earlier only to get a BFN although it's possibly too early...definitely feel like the AF might jist be around the corner.

Anyone else 'convince' themselves they are pregnant every month and have loads of 'symptons'? I feel like I am going mad at times! Need to stop testing too soon...!

DrewsWife Tue 15-Apr-14 16:02:32

Hi to the new girls.

Lol @ stop symptom spottin. It's what we do wink.

I take day 1 as the first day of my period. I'm on day 24 today. I'm run down. Waves of nausea. And exhaustion. Peeing a lot and sore boobs. But I had all this last month. And am just awaiting my period.

toothachereturns Tue 15-Apr-14 16:56:59

Hello to the new ladies! I'm on cd26.... same symptoms as drewswife. Awaiting AF. sad

madasacatter Tue 15-Apr-14 17:33:55

Hello to all, thank you for the welcome smile

I think I'm on cd 23, as the first day of my last period was 24th March. I think I have a 27/28 day cycle, so when should I test?

It's been so long since I've had periods (about 7 years) that I've forgotten all of the symptoms and my boobs hurt loads, I'm also getting long hot flushes - is that normal? They started around the time I had my period, then stopped until about ovulation time, and now are back again confused

toothachereturns Tue 15-Apr-14 17:50:02

Madasacatter - an early test like first response might show a bfp now. But I wouldn't torture yourself. Ive done that for 2 cycles and it's stressful! smile

ilovechops Tue 15-Apr-14 19:14:20

I haven't worked out my days yet but just did and I am CD 28 today, my cycle is 31 days though. So I have 3 days until AF is due and if anything I would say symptoms are decreasing...boobs a bit tingly and dull ache in tummy that I have had for a week. Probs just PMS!

Madasacatter, I agree with toothachereturns, testing early is so stressful as you just tell yourself you still might be prego even if it's a BFN and if it's a light / faint BFP line It can sometimes end in an early miscarriage / chemical pregnancy which happened to me a couple of months ago. Really stressful. have made myself wait until 10DPO. How many days DPO are you or aren't you sure?

madasacatter Tue 15-Apr-14 22:29:36

I'm honestly not sure, I'm thinking that the clearblue ovulation tests will be the way to go maybe next cycle or the one after. I'm trying to be all calm and collected about it, but realistically I've been fretting since the day I had my implant removed blush

I have a load of supermarket cheapy tests for moments of weakness, but also got some first response ones today just in case I have a BFP and need to take a different test(s) to be sure! Am I crazy??

RPopz Wed 16-Apr-14 10:51:11

Smiley face day today and DH is working all day and I am working all night! Bum. angry

MelMc73 Wed 16-Apr-14 10:55:11

Happy Hump Day wink!!

Hello to all the new ladies!

Hang in there rpopz....it might be your month!
madasacatter I got the clearblue tests last month but haven't really used them properly as I had a silly cycle which I'm putting down to stress. Will start using them again in a couple of days.

CD5 here. App says I should OV around CD9-CD12 so I'll start the OV tests on CD 7 I think....just to be sure! If this month doesn't work out then I'm going to start temping as well.

RPopz Wed 16-Apr-14 11:03:04

We dtd last night so am hoping that'll be enough!

DrewsWife Wed 16-Apr-14 11:12:30

Well no period as yet. Not showing normal signs much either. But not testing. Will wait it out.

I do feel very wet if that makes sense. Sorry if tmi.

madasacatter Wed 16-Apr-14 12:12:38

When was/is your period due Drew?

Fingers crossed for you

DrewsWife Wed 16-Apr-14 12:14:34

According to my app. Due yesterday. Day 27 on my monitor and desperate for jammy donuts hahaha

toothachereturns Wed 16-Apr-14 14:18:26

I am almost floored with cramps today. Much sorer than I remember before I ever had a coil. I'm contemplating taking painkillers. yeeouch. Af due tomorrow and the signs are all there. sad sad sad
Looks like I'm joining the BFP in May threads. Sigh. Good luck y'all!

Mikeysmum2906 Wed 16-Apr-14 14:23:58

Spanner in works im having surgery on my mouth in early May now panicking as this could be my bfp month anyone know if operations are ok at such early stages? Of course big assumption more likely a bfn but dunno yet for 2weeks arghhhh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now