Get your ROC's off, Get your ROC's off honey! Knickers down, legs up and capes on in the competition for SOTM! Just Shagging part 22 - the one with all the BFPs!

(1000 Posts)
DulcetMoans Tue 25-Mar-14 10:28:12

Ladies, Fred title says it all; we are the ones who shag as much as our men can cope with in order to get upduffed without the stress of scientific whatnots!

Fred rules (copied from previous Fred)

1. Thou shalt shag as much as humanly possible in order to get upduffed.
2. Thou shalt not partake of OPKs, temping, or charting.
3. Thou shalt keep symptom spotting to a minimum.
4. Thou shalt share with your fredmates where needed.

JSing lingo
~~~~~~~~~

ERTD = Evil Red Tide of Dooooooommmmmmm. Or AF to most others.

Viroid = This is you, dear poster. This is from the first JS thread when someone tried to type 'ladies' and it autocorrected to 'Viroids' - so there you go!

Pant snot = Egg white cervical mucus.

Doing a kitten = Getting upduffed soon after joining (warning: may induce envy in other posters).

POAS = Pee On A Stick (of the pregnancy detecting kind, not from a tree). Also known as PIAR (Pee In A Ramekin - cos we're posh birds innit). Or PIATLH (Tea light holder) PIAWG (Wine glass) or anything else you care to pee in!

Shagging like something = JSing like a teenage nymphomaniac.

Giving a hooya = Giving a much needed slap to a fellow poster in danger of slipping into ttc obsession.

Contraband = Of COURSE none of us EVER partake of any silly OPKs or temp charting. They are Contraband.

Icing = ovulating. Another autocorrect development!

Getting your Cape on = planning some serious pouncing on DH/DP

TWOT - Two Weeks of Torture!

The link to Part 21 is here

The current Grads Fred is here

The rather nobbish article in which we became a little bit notorious is here

Happy shagging shaggers!

ZylaB Tue 25-Mar-14 18:47:53

Wilhelmina I'm hoping so! smile

Howdy!

Name ohfourfoxache (this is also my go to phrase in rl)
Age 31
Dc none (but we do have 2 cats who are at the centre of our worlds)
Ttc, well, off contraception since December 2011

<snuggles down on a beanbag>

<Brings brew and offers biscuit around>

RPopz Tue 25-Mar-14 18:57:35

Zyla, it def still counts haha... I've come pretty close to doing that (lucky DH haha)

Wil, she doesn't know. I don't think I could stand the pityface or the "just relax, it'll happen" talk. Also her DH is unbelieavbly smug... Plus now I feel like I have this image she has of me to live up to lol!!

Chococroc Tue 25-Mar-14 19:03:39

Hello!

I posted briefly on the last thread, will try to actually do more than say hello this time round...

Chococroc
TTC #1 since start of March '14
Also a type 1 diabetic so having to keep very tight control of my glucose levels too, got the 'green light' to start TTC after about 4months working with a diabetes nurse.

JuniperJones Tue 25-Mar-14 19:22:59

hello! Thanks wil - I had an early scan and there is an actual embryo in there. Can't believe it! Had two sonographers and the senior was telling the junior about what to look for in a molar which was a bit of a downer but hey ho, guess I will have to get used to it coming up all the time.

I didn't post these before but the CDs we DTD and were successful this time we did: 6, 7, 14, 16, 17, 20. So only six times, not the magic Zita10 and quite a big gap between day 7 and 14. I am 9 weeks today and it was measuring right so I guess 14 was the day? This was also the month I was using ultimate contraband (ClearBlue Fertility Monitor) that didn't give me a peak - I chucked in a drawer in a huff so JSing is the one true way!

Massive post, good luck shaggers. Afraid I may have to lurk a while longer as I can't deal with any of the due date threads. xx

aylesburyduck Tue 25-Mar-14 19:42:28

My friendly period tracker has just reminded me that AF is due on Thursday (no chance of a BFP - Mr duck has been of games due to a UDI).

Mr Duck has gone to Morrisons in an emergency dash for pudding and chocolate

god I love him

Wilhelminanevillesdottir Tue 25-Mar-14 19:47:14

Don't lurk Juniper, just stay. It can't hurt to be surrounded by all these pg hormones. Those threads are too busy aren't they. although I do still check out the november thread every few days to torture myself.

God Rpopz I can't bear smug people. How annoying and crap that you can't discuss this with her. I haven't told my family about the mc because I also couldn't bear the pity faces and it being made into a massive deal.

If I have to get my cape on for 33 days in a row, I'm already declaring myself out of SOTM because I can't be assed to get on it tonight.

ZylaB Tue 25-Mar-14 19:55:15

33 is clearly not happening for us either, just being positive in general. :p ERTD still in the way ATM!

Katgrant30 Tue 25-Mar-14 20:09:15

So... Just curious how ehem enthusiastic are the Mr Shaggers in all this? My DH and I have a consoling, if hardly romantic, line we use "let's make this quick and unenjoyable"... Heck it works for us! smile

But do any long term TTCers still enjoy the shagging and have an equally willing accomplice? Make me jealous! smile

FurryScoob Tue 25-Mar-14 20:19:05

Evening viroids,
Just popping in for a quick unicorn hug & to wish you all good luck & loads of BFP's on the new thread!

DulcetMoans Tue 25-Mar-14 20:37:54

Glad you are enjoying an 80s throw back fred. No OPKs and CBFM then I bet!

I don't think 33 days in a row was this fred, was it?! We will never get a new SOTM with that sort of number. Maybe we need an official tally on the last day of every month. We all need to sync cycles though, get psychic thoughts going viroids!

ZingSweetCoconut Tue 25-Mar-14 21:27:27

Yes, I know, we have 5 boys and a girl and I had said that I felt like a bit of a fraud before when I was here while TTC-ing - but I've been reassured that we only hate get annoyed about people who are pg in RL!grin

So I'm still around and will carry on cheering you all on.wink

lala5 Tue 25-Mar-14 22:14:25

I cannot express how much I love this thread name - absolutely frigging sterling job!

Name: lala5
Dc: none (not for want of JSing)
2 orange cats and a pony
Ttc : since July 2013

Bring on the bfps!

Right I'm off to catch up on your news

lala5 Tue 25-Mar-14 22:17:28

juniper Hooray! Great news!

I get the pity look - everyone keeps watching to see if I drink.

Going for SOTM - cape secured!

Nessalina Tue 25-Mar-14 22:38:27

Just been back to check something's SOTM winning score, and the score to beat is:
15 shags over 11 days! grin

Wow really? grin

MichonnesSamuraiSword Wed 26-Mar-14 08:07:07

Heloooo I found you!

Just posting to mark my place before I get on a real computer, can't be arsed typing on my tablet.

I have nothing interesting to contribute, but love the new freed title!

Minion Wed 26-Mar-14 09:00:04

I know it's completely sinful but I cannot believe I didn't do an opk before! How bloody easy are they. I know they don't tell you if you indeed ovulate but when your body may be about too, but I'm not kidding, it's taken the worry right out of me.
I assume I iced yesterday as my line was it's darkest the day before and got EWCM, but it's still quite dark today so I'm treating it as when dark get it on with purpose.
When light, fun fun fun!

MichonnesSamuraiSword Wed 26-Mar-14 09:48:03

OK I'm back to check in properly:

Name: MichonnesSamuraiSword (named after The Walking Dead's toughest female warrior)
DC: None - but I have two dogs who brighten my every day
TTC since: April 2013 when DP had vasectomy reversal - we received confirmation that it was successful in January 2014.

MichonnesSamuraiSword Wed 26-Mar-14 09:52:31

Zing - hats off to you, i'm in awe! You must surely be our all knowing sage of every symptom to be spotted!

Min - what is this magic of which you speak? Hmm, I've never tried OPKs either, but since my temping this month suggests I never ovd at all, I'm beginning to worry. I also don't trust the temping much, because I can take temp 3 times in a row and get wildly different results.

And also - had to comment about you talking about WWZ from the last thread! I loved it, but it's bloody terrifying! The window bashing... and the teeth gnashing.. aaargh!

Minion Wed 26-Mar-14 09:58:01

Oh mich the bit in Israel where they were climbing on each other to get over the wall.. I was in bits. And this from a lass who enjoys a good horror story!
Also, why did it take so long for them to confirm reversal was successful? I had no idea it was a lengthy process.

Btw, thank you for explaining postpartum psychosis, I've never heard about it before and it's a travesty it isn't more well know and watched for. I'm so glad you recovered kat, I can't even begin to imagine what you went through in those 3 months.

MichonnesSamuraiSword Wed 26-Mar-14 11:02:53

Also, why did it take so long for them to confirm reversal was successful? I had no idea it was a lengthy process

It's not - it was totally my fault. They say to come back for a test 3 months after the op. But DP had his head in the sand, and so did I for a while. I was petrified of knowing the result, but winding myself up about worst case scenarios at the same time. <glass half empty person here!>

We went through a pretty difficult time to get to this point - long story, but he's divorced, never wanted kids, didn't initially tell me about his V genius then procrastinated about making a decision for a long time. I eventually left him, even though I loved him and was so happy with him (most heartbreaking thing I've ever done), because I knew that I would come to resent him for never trying. He realized what an idiot he was being, realized that having kids with me would actually be quite nice and not as scary as he thought, and agreed to try. So once the op was out of the way, we both just kind of hid from the whole thing.

I nagged and nagged him to get the op done, which we did in Jan. When the results came through (surgeon actually wrote "he has a fantastic sperm count^ grin ) I felt years of angst and worry finally disappear, I was totally overwhelmed. DPs reaction was "Well I always knew it would be fine" <He's the mega optimist to my pessimist>

So to go through all of that - which I realize is self inflicted and nothing compared to what some people go through - only to find that there's likely something going wrong with my insides, is.. well, frustrating to say the least. But I try to stay positive!

Sorry, just totally poured my heart out there! But that's my story in a nutshell.

MichonnesSamuraiSword Wed 26-Mar-14 11:05:27

It's also why I'm reluctant to push things with DP - he wants to try for a baby, he's committed to making it work (and he would make the most wonderful father, he just doesn't realize it yet). But he's still 'scared' of babies, so I have to be gentle with him and hide the crazy a little. Hence why he won't be holding my legs in the air to "shake it in" like some poster's DHs!!

MichonnesSamuraiSword Wed 26-Mar-14 11:07:31

Kat thank you for telling us your story - it's not something I'd ever heard of before and sounds terrifying. Well done you on your recovery, and for your wonderfully pragmatic and optimistic attitude to it all.

Sorry just realized my typo above

I nagged and nagged him to get the SA done, which we did in Jan

RPopz Wed 26-Mar-14 12:39:28

Min I am def dipping into contraband next month after AF finally arrives... please don't kick me out

Anyway, morning ladies! X

This thread is not accepting new messages.