Getting ready for the next cycle, give me all your tips and tricks for a bfp!!

(51 Posts)
NewlymrsB Mon 24-Mar-14 09:11:06

Preparing myself as I know af is on her way so want to give next cycle a really good shot (will be cycle #4 ttc baby #1).
Any advice appreciated smile

dietcoketime69 Fri 28-Mar-14 08:35:56

Wow zermatt that's certainly good going, when are you expecting bfp?

Zermatt Fri 28-Mar-14 01:40:37

Thanks Sebsmummy, I get it now, so as long as you dont just sit and wait for the positive opk until you dtd and instead use it as a guide to help predict when the fertile window begins and ends then they are useful? Last 2 cycles I got the + on CD13 and confirmed ov by temping on CD15, so if I dtd on days 16,15,14,13,12,11 this cycle I will hopefully be in with the best chance?

sebsmummy1 Thu 27-Mar-14 15:52:15

Zermatt - re opks. The reason they say they are useless is because if you wait for your peak you may already have missed the boat re conception that month as you may ovulate soon afterwards and the sperm won't be there waiting.

Where opks can be very useful is they can tell you when you ovulate in your cycle and you can then plot your 'fertile window' and make sure you have sex at least 3 days before you ovulate, on the day you ovulate and just after for insurance.

It is best to temp alongside opks as you should get a temperature rise after OV when progesterone becomes the dominant hormone.

Zermatt Thu 27-Mar-14 14:38:43

Fox, can you explain a bit more about the opk's being useless?

FoxHugs Thu 27-Mar-14 11:22:24

What I've learnt from our fertility treatment - ovulation kits are useless, because by the time you actually ovulate, your conception window may have closed. Took about two years to realise that!
When we were on meds - started trying from day 7-21. That's a lot of action, so can be tedious, but we tried to make it fun. We did it every day (try not to put pressure on yourself to conceive, just think - what will be will be, may as well enjoy this), but you can do it every other day and let the magic happen.
We conceived each time, but MC'ied (unfortunately), but that's a totally different story. Remaining very much hopeful and positive.
Good luck!

NewlymrsB Thu 27-Mar-14 10:15:31

Love that dedication! Haha. Yes I'm going for it for April!!

sebsmummy1 Thu 27-Mar-14 09:50:36

The two times I have become pregnant we had sex twice on the day before peak/OV. So as I was so disappointed this cycle to get my BFN and really want to pull out the stops for a BFP in April, my partner is taking a days holiday on Friday so we can shag mid morning and tea time lol.

That is dedication wink

Zermatt Thu 27-Mar-14 03:47:35

http://natural-fertility-info.com/fertility-diet

Zermatt Thu 27-Mar-14 03:23:36

I have read on various forums;

Green Tea - can help increase EWCM and increase fertility
Maca Root - take as tablet or use powder in smoothies etc, great fertility booster
Grape fruit Juice
Pineapple Core
Orgasm after his
Refexology or Accupuncture.
Cut back/out booze and caffiene
Evening Primrose Oil

This month I am having starting to have regular reflexology, cutting out caffiene (apart from 2 small cups of green tea a day), no booze, taking EPO, Conception multi vitamins and will be following SMEP, oh and will give preseed a bash again, but last month it didnt give me the BFP I was hoping for smile

JonesSchool Wed 26-Mar-14 22:07:21

mrshjb I'm not sure about colour of grapefruit, might have to find out x

NewlymrsB Wed 26-Mar-14 22:07:18

I'm at the end of cycle 3 ttc #1 expecting af tomorrow as been eating like a horse today..usually my sign sad

JonesSchool Wed 26-Mar-14 22:04:30

I don't know how to number my cycles, I had a MC at 5 weeks in Feb after 3 cycles. I hoped to be one of these super fertile people who get pregnant straight after, but wasn't to be. This is cycle number 2 after MC.
I find it helps to have something to focus on.
Gosh, I sound like a right nut job!
The lines on my OPK's are getting slightly darker so might be cracking open the concieve plus in the next few days.
What cycles are you on?

dickiedoodah Wed 26-Mar-14 19:10:02

Hi Ladies! I keep coming back and reading this thread so think it's time to join in!! Ttc baby 2, first one happened pretty quick, first time using CB OPK (expensive piece of kit but worth it). Hoping it works as well second time round. I'm currently taking folic acid and Vitamin D. Thinking about taking Evening Primrose Oil too. I'm planning on really going for it this cycle as DH and I will be apart for two months come the end of April! Looking forward to hearing how everyone gets on!

NewlymrsB Wed 26-Mar-14 10:58:59

That's it just think of the positives, another month of lots of sexy time! Hehe

MelMc73 Wed 26-Mar-14 09:39:07

I'm on the next cycle now too....AF arrived during the night 3 days earlier than predicted. 26 day cycle this time (41 last time!). Ordered Clearblue advanced digital thingy so will give that a go this time and see what happens with the smiley faces. Told hubby this morning and he was disappointed but we decided we would just have another month of fun and frolics trying again lol. Fingers crossed everyone!

NewlymrsB Wed 26-Mar-14 09:13:19

Think I will try the juices too! Anything has to be worth a shot right?!

mrshjb Wed 26-Mar-14 09:07:41

I have started on the grapefruit this month. Does it have to be pink or is the golden one ok?!

NewlymrsB Wed 26-Mar-14 08:27:19

What cd are you jones? May try your technique sounds very proactive!!

dietcoketime69 Wed 26-Mar-14 08:27:11

What cd are you on Jones? Will follow your tww with intrigue after all that effort!! I'm on cds so going to start with opks about cd9 and get some pineapple lol! What does the grapefruit do?

JonesSchool Wed 26-Mar-14 08:23:34

We are going for it this month!
We are currently
- Dtd every other day
- using OPK's
- drinking grapefruit juice before OV
- drinking pineapple juice after OV ( it should be whole pineapple and the core, it supposedly helps with implanting)
- taking pregnecare
- using conceive plus, will wait until closer to OV time as it is a bit slimey for everyday use

Dear me, not obsessed at all!

NewlymrsB Wed 26-Mar-14 07:51:12

Low temp this am so af must be around the corner!! sad sad

NewlymrsB Tue 25-Mar-14 18:54:17

No not "officially" af due between tomorrow and Sunday but I feel like I do every month when af is brewing!

RPopz Tue 25-Mar-14 18:50:52

Ooh book marking this thread! Are you def out of the game Newly? X

Acupunture doesn't hurt at all really. It's more that it's just weird.

No joke re the evil taste. It was heinous. It made me gag after every swig. I used to drink a pint in three gulps as that was the least I could do it in, whilst holding my nose.

NewlymrsB Tue 25-Mar-14 15:31:58

Thanks I've just ordered conceive plus smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now