Weird period coming and going, why?

(21 Posts)
MrsPaddington Sat 15-Mar-14 10:01:10

I came on last Thursday on time, was finished in 3 days which is not like me at at all.
It kind of kept coming and going never really got going properly, light bleeding.
Fast forward to now and mostly I'm getting pinky discharge but only (tmi) when I wipe.

What's going on?

This is definitely not normal for me.

Thanks

Sparkle9 Sat 15-Mar-14 10:22:01

Have you POAS? I only ask because I had spotting for 3 weeks after BFP at 10dpo. I'm now 7.5 weeks pregnant. I only saw the blood when I wiped.

It's worth POAS especially seeing as this isn't normal for you.

MrsPaddington Sat 15-Mar-14 11:35:49

Congratulations! Can I ask how much spotting? Sorry!

Right, well I shall POAS when I get home then!

It's just so weird, I normally have really bad periods and I didn't even pmt this cycle- that is certainly not normal!

bellaboo88 Sat 15-Mar-14 12:02:18

I hope its good news for you!

Ive been similar this AF, it would stop for 12/15 hours then start again but (tmi) would switch from watery on my liner to (really tmi) brown ewcm when I wiped. Googled constantly for days but I think its in my head.

Fingers crossed for you!! X

Sparkle9 Sat 15-Mar-14 12:04:37

Every time I wiped. Some days were better than others. It has currently stopped. I'm 7 weeks and 4 days so I've had 4 days without any. I still look every time I wipe!

Good luck with POAS. I got positive with a first response and digital clearblue 10dpo.

MrsPaddington Sat 15-Mar-14 12:05:10

Same here! Except mine was pink cm...tmi apologies!

Have you POAS bella?

I've googled too and cannot find anything that makes sense!

Only got a 3 hour train ride to contend with!

bellaboo88 Sat 15-Mar-14 12:32:26

No not poas...I'm a former poas addict who's trying not to imagine things. It started right in time, first couple of days were light but then it did the messing about thing but because I got red, I dismissed it. Should have finished on Thursday but still watery this morning.

Its never been enough for a tampon & my cervix remained super high. I'm probs imaging it!! I'd be cd39 if I carried on counting but I got a bfn at cd32. I think my body's still adjusting after pill, 3rd month off it xx

bellaboo88 Sat 15-Mar-14 12:35:11

Mrsp will you test tonight? Hope you're journeys OK.

Did you get any red or just brown? Xx

puddymuddles Sat 15-Mar-14 12:37:24

I got this type of period a few times when I was feeling stressed and not eating properly. Was years ago now. I suppose you could be preg as everyone has different preg symptoms, some people have spotting (I didn't). Do a test! My Mum had very light periods throughout being preg with me. I didn't bleed or spot at all with either of my 2 pregnancies.

bellaboo88 Sat 15-Mar-14 13:12:27

My mum was 3/4months before she found out she was upduffed when she had my bro & had periods the whole time.

Give in & poas bfn. Its crazy, when I was on the pill, my periods were heavy & I was in agony & had mid cycle bleeding too...now my periods are light & weird?!

Will make notes for next cycle. Good luck mrsp!!! Xx

MrsPaddington Sat 15-Mar-14 13:46:07

Thanks bella! Sorry about the bfn.

The no pmt is the weird thing for me, I an utter cow before AF!

Will test tonight, had nothing this morning when I wiped.

I had cramping and red last week but only for a day not using the normal vast amount of tampons so that made me think something was up.

I'm not eating any better or worse and stress wise, I'm always stressed!

Hmm, bodies are weird!

I was just getting into a normal cycle pattern too.

Will update after POAS ladies!

MrsPaddington Sat 15-Mar-14 13:46:20

Thanks bella! Sorry about the bfn.

The no pmt is the weird thing for me, I an utter cow before AF!

Will test tonight, had nothing this morning when I wiped.

I had cramping and red last week but only for a day not using the normal vast amount of tampons so that made me think something was up.

I'm not eating any better or worse and stress wise, I'm always stressed!

Hmm, bodies are weird!

I was just getting into a normal cycle pattern too.

Will update after POAS ladies!

MrsPaddington Sat 15-Mar-14 20:17:16

I'm back!
Bfn, I am imagining a bloody line!

Will try with FMU

I'm not convinced I'm up the duff so what on earth is going on otherwise?

bellaboo88 Sun 16-Mar-14 17:42:28

Crazy isn't it! How long have you been off contraception & what type was it?

I swear, I'm never going back on the pill, it was awful looking back...only good thing was it stopped my acne!! If I don't put makeup on I could pass for 16 not nearly 26! Xx

MrsPaddington Sun 16-Mar-14 20:21:54

Took a year to get anywhere near normal! The pill did nothing for me except give me half a stone!

I've done another test BFN. Have ovary pain too, I have no idea what's up.
I've been pregnant before but I can't remember my symptoms haha!

gamerchick Sun 16-Mar-14 20:28:45

The only times when I had similar to what you're describing was when I wasn't eating properly.. I mean really crap and another time when I had caught an sti.

Neither might apply to you probably but if it carrys on, it might be worth seeing your gp.

MrsPaddington Sun 16-Mar-14 21:13:45

I'm pretty sure neither apply! Thank you though smile

MrsPaddington Mon 17-Mar-14 07:15:18

The pink discharge is still here, went away and came back. I also have terrible lower backache.
Ovaries feel achy and heavy feeling.

Do I bother going to a doctor if this continues? This has been going on nearly 2 weeks!

MrsPaddington Mon 17-Mar-14 17:27:59

Ruled out UTI from urine test, been told to just see what happens, great!

bellaboo88 Mon 17-Mar-14 22:42:30

Aww hope you're OK, go back in a week if its not sorted x

MrsPaddington Tue 18-Mar-14 07:11:49

Thanks bella

Any news your end?

I was a mess last night I couldn't even stand up!

Just went to bed, feel ok ish so far this morning.

Just want this be over so I can move on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now